WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dcb's M29 with weed eaters hits water today

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Idk if its the same motors or not but KAP's DW 32 flirted with 114 mph. Will this M29 see numbers like that? Im sure the DW is layed up really light.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Idk if its the same motors or not but KAP's DW 32 flirted with 114 mph. Will this M29 see numbers like that? Im sure the DW is layed up really light.

KAP's boat is a race boat with a few pleasure amenities. This boat is a pleasure boat with a good lighter (then most Mfg's traditional hand layups) layup.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
KAP's boat is a race boat with a few pleasure amenities. This boat is a pleasure boat with a good lighter (then most Mfg's traditional hand layups) layup.

Soooo. No to the triple digits then??

drejustice

Reaction score
93 mph at 6k rpm. Motors are still in break in mode spinning 31" cleavers

Probably a bit shy of 6K. I thought they were using 25 inch shaft lengths which will put them in guardian mode at about 5850-5900.

He needs to go try 33 cleavers.

If I ran 33s and hit 94 with my full open deck at 1000 ft of elevation and gear on board, that boat should be able to get to 100+.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Probably a bit shy of 6K. I thought they were using 25 inch shaft lengths which will put them in guardian mode at about 5850-5900.

He needs to go try 33 cleavers.

If I ran 33s and hit 94 with my full open deck at 1000 ft of elevation and gear on board, that boat should be able to get to 100+.

^
What he said, too bad it doesn't have the 20" mids.

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
That is one BEAUTIFUL boat.....awesome! :thumbup:

KAP

Reaction score

Same motors McRib and publicly my 32 Doug Wright is at 115MPH. Stock Mercury 300XS motors. As for the lay up... it's lay up is just Wright!

DW32 GPS 115MPH.jpg

I disagree with you Dave!

My boat is a dedicated pleasure boat it is not a race boat. I have five seats, full intercom, garmin GPS Nav unit, stereo with four speakers and pre-amp, two enormous storage compartments and all the requirements for a day on the water.

If you are looking for a race boat. Well here is a 32 Doug Wright race boat...and if mine had a closed canopy it would be 3-4MPH faster.

Twisted Offshore Coco Beach 2013.jpg

My boat is strictly a pleasure boat. Albeit, it is built to race specifications and can handle anything in the offshore environment. The design was for the Poker Runner/pleasure boater not the racer.

KAP

Footnote: This thread is about this persons boat and we should respect it and concentrate on this beautiful boat.

Last edited: