WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Deep interior cleaner

dp85tona

Two strokes is enough
Reaction score
I know there is Vinyl sauce and all the others... I am just curious what you guys have used for dirt grime that has been on the white vinyl for quite some time? I will come off with elbow grease but I'm curious if there is anything that will limit the scrubbing and really clean. I'm in the process of picking up a new to me boat that is in really good shape just not to my OCD cleanliness. I'm going to do a full detail on it but wanted a few ideas. I have done this to 3 other boats but thought I'd check if there was anything random that works great?
Help me out guys!

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score
Also ZEP makes a really good degreaser that cleans well. You need to dilute it down, but it cleans up all the grime that gets in the grain of the vinyl.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I don't like to use any abrasive cleaners or scrubbers on the vinyl so I have found for me, the best process is to spray Performance Boat Candy's vinyl cleaner on, let it sit for a few minutes, wash with a mild soap and a SOFT bristle brush. Follow up with their vinyl conditioner and the interior looks brand new again.

Singleton

Reaction score
I got some on my gel this last weekend and nothing happened. What issue have you had?

It has an abrasive in it, so over time could cause issue. Just remember to apply some spray wax (bling, candy, etc) to the gel afterwards an you should be OK.

LuckyDaze

Reaction score
Not to thread jack, but I figured this goes in line with what ya'll are discussing...

Anyone have any tips for cat piss smell? New interior has been desicrated by cat at some point.

Gonna try the scrubbing bubbles on my vinyl now! Good to know.

headshothills

Reaction score
As its been already stated... Scrubbing Bubbles WITH a Magic Eraser.. For absolute stubborn spots, Ive heard Kerosene also works wonder.... I always make sure after I deep clean, I go back over with a conditioner with UV just to make sure that anything that might have been stripped out of the vinyl is put back in or protected....

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score
It has an abrasive in it, so over time could cause issue. Just remember to apply some spray wax (bling, candy, etc) to the gel afterwards an you should be OK.

Yeah I wax my boat almost every trip out so I am good!

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score
One more thing that works really well is BIZ laundry booster. Just a little in some water and a soft brush and it gets in the grain. Then follow with a NON-OIL based conditioner.

Singleton

Reaction score
Not to thread jack, but I figured this goes in line with what ya'll are discussing...

Anyone have any tips for cat piss smell? New interior has been desicrated by cat at some point.

Gonna try the scrubbing bubbles on my vinyl now! Good to know.

Do you have rubber / vinyl backed carpeting in your boat?
Most carpet kits with a rubber / vinyl backing with smell like cat piss if not dried correctly.

dp85tona

Two strokes is enough
Reaction score
Thank you guys, I was curious about the scrubbing bubbles especially for the areas around the piping of the vinyl. I will be doing a definite heavy cleaning to this boat but I do know this grime will come out I just don't want to spend hours on scrubbing when there is something that works easier. I do use Vinyl sauce (diluted down a bit) after every trip for cleaning and maintaining. After I use the scrubbing bubbles or whatever else I use I will be using a conditioner to help maintain it.

As for Cat piss, my fathers boat had it and we just shampooed the hell out of it, they make those small Bissel spot shampooers that you can do easily and it did help a bit. I also recommend a strong pellet gun to keep it from happening again (unless its your cat) then idk what to tell you.

LuckyDaze

Reaction score
Thank you guys, I was curious about the scrubbing bubbles especially for the areas around the piping of the vinyl. I will be doing a definite heavy cleaning to this boat but I do know this grime will come out I just don't want to spend hours on scrubbing when there is something that works easier. I do use Vinyl sauce (diluted down a bit) after every trip for cleaning and maintaining. After I use the scrubbing bubbles or whatever else I use I will be using a conditioner to help maintain it.

As for Cat piss, my fathers boat had it and we just shampooed the hell out of it, they make those small Bissel spot shampooers that you can do easily and it did help a bit. I also recommend a strong pellet gun to keep it from happening again (unless its your cat) then idk what to tell you.

Not my cat, boat usually sleeps in a garage but it was sitting outside at a friends shop for quite some time. Thanks for the tips and bringing this thread up.

Ducky

Reaction score
I know there is Vinyl sauce and all the others... I am just curious what you guys have used for dirt grime that has been on the white vinyl for quite some time? I will come off with elbow grease but I'm curious if there is anything that will limit the scrubbing and really clean. I'm in the process of picking up a new to me boat that is in really good shape just not to my OCD cleanliness. I'm going to do a full detail on it but wanted a few ideas. I have done this to 3 other boats but thought I'd check if there was anything random that works great?
Help me out guys!

dp85tona......Ducky here, we have a super cleaner called Mighty Tidy Vinyl & Fabric Cleaner it comes in 32oz spray bottle, can be used full strength or diluted as much as 20/1. Mighty Tidy's pH balanced formula, is color-less and order-less with antibacterial properties. NEVER use magic eraser as it is abrasive, as some of the other members have noted. Please follow link below to see magic eraser comparison. I cleaned one section with magic eraser and the other with our Mighty Tidy, Mighty Tidy easily out performed Magic Eraser. I only use Magic Eraser to compare cleaning action. After cleaning at full strength you will need to rinse and add a vinyl protectant of your choice, we offer a product called Defender Vinyl/Rubber/Plastic Guard. If you should have any questions feel free to give us a call 626-797-7226 RDP FAMILY DISCOUNTS ENTER CODE: RDP AT CHECK OUT FOR 15% OFF ON ALL PRODUCTS

Follow this link to view Mighty Tidy http://www.duckyproducts.com/mightytidy.html

DUCKY IS PROUD TO HAVE NORDIC BOATS U.S.A. USING OUR PRODUCTS ON ALL NEW BOAT BUILDS OUT OF THE MOLD!

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score
I forgot to mention the cleaner I use on a regular wipe down is Spray Nine! Works AWESOME!

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
On the subject of Cat Piss I recently was told by someone that if you use a vinegar water mix and spray the carpet real good then blot it up and pour Arm and Hammer baking power on it it will pull up the residual moisture and remove the smell. They used this method for their dog who pissed on the carpet and said it worked great. I have no idea if the vinegar/water will discolor the carpet or hurt anything so I would try it on a small section that's not noticeable first.

Good Luck,