WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Deja_Vu's Retirement Oasis

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Well the plumber finally showed up and installed fixtures and toilets in all the bathrooms.
Still waiting on the gas line connections for the fireplace, cooktop, and dryer, and also the kitchen faucet and pot filler.

Esmay Solar completed the 10kw solar install. These guys do great work and show up when the say they will...(Rare in Havasu)
You can barely see any evidence of solar panels in the front, which helps us retain the curb appeal.

solar1.JPG

Sunpower 5000W inverters - Inspected by the city and recently signed off.
Just waiting for the Solar meter.
solar_inverters.JPG

The solar panels in the rear over the patio cover are kind of an eyesore though.

solar_panels_Rear.JPG

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Oasis started laying down our laminate floors last Friday. Here is a peek of the master bedroom.
Finish carpentry is supposed to start today for baseboards and trim.
floor1.JPG

82daytona

Reaction score
Looking really good [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sirbob

Reaction score
The house looks great !

Why didn't they just move the rear solar panels onto the roof a little more and keep them above the flat roof of the patio - would the roof have blocked that much sun?

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Looking really good [emoji106]
Thanks Erik! Its slowly coming together.

The house looks great !

Why didn't they just move the rear solar panels onto the roof a little more and keep them above the flat roof of the patio - would the roof have blocked that much sun?

According to the solar layout it looked as though the peak of the roof would shadow the panels if they were installed much further towards the front of the house.

outboardrick

Reaction score
looks awesome, and I don't think the solar panels look bad at all......And depending on how you're facing, may provide a little extra shade in the pool :)

TCHB

Reaction score
I hit the golf ball way past your house this morning. Let’s hope it keeps up.

Place is coming along just like the one across the fairway. You will need a golf cart to check out East and West side.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I hit the golf ball way past your house this morning. Let’s hope it keeps up.

Place is coming along just like the one across the fairway. You will need a golf cart to check out East and West side.

We were talking to the neighbors with the big net last time out and they have noticed less errant balls this year.
Could it be everyone's game has improved?

We've only found 2 balls on the lot in the past couple of months. They must be hitting the neighbors net and falling next to my house.

TCHB

Reaction score
Golf balls on your side are mostly left handers.

TCHB

Reaction score
Another good day. Both the wife and I had great drives. Can not weight for you to be out with beer on the hot summer days.

TCHB

Reaction score
434CBF5C-9F44-41C7-8A14-213BC184536D.jpeg
Your backyard this morning. Spring through November the grass gets much greener.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics Tony! Looks like it was a nice weekend.

We will be moving our stuff into the garage in a couple weeks. I've told the builder I can not wait any longer.
Our lot was supposed to be final graded last week.

Time to make some phone calls again....

DC-88

Reaction score
Time to make some phone calls again....
Place looks great, that will be what's important a year from now. Given how this build has gone down, make sure here at the end you are getting or getting copies of final lien releases from all the subs, especially suppliers if you have been paying in cash/checking account draws as you go along. If you have a const. loan I'm sure this is handled for the most part, but might be worth double checking each line item before you make your final payments --

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Place looks great, that will be what's important a year from now. Given how this build has gone down, make sure here at the end you are getting or getting copies of final lien releases from all the subs, especially suppliers if you have been paying in cash/checking account draws as you go along. If you have a const. loan I'm sure this is handled for the most part, but might be worth double checking each line item before you make your final payments --

Yeah we have a lot of reconciling to do.
The superintendent hasn't sent out any change orders for quite some time.
We haven't paid for the cabinets, flooring, or electrical upgrades as of yet.

I keep asking him to send out the change orders but apparently he's too "busy"

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Laminate Flooring is in. City Maytag delivered the appliances yesterday.
We finally have an oven in the kitchen now.
Trim carpentry is supposed to go in this week.

Appliances2.JPG

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
When we designed the kitchen island we thought we could have electrical plugs where the bookcases are on each end, but our electrician is saying that per the building code there is too large of an overhang there. So the only way to get power to the island is to employ the use of pop-up receptacles. I'm not that keen on drilling 3" holes in our beautiful granite, but apparently we have no choice in the matter.
popups.png

28Eliminator

Reaction score
When we designed the kitchen island we thought we could have electrical plugs where the bookcases are on each end, but our electrician is saying that per the building code there is too large of an overhang there. So the only way to get power to the island is to employ the use of pop-up receptacles. I'm not that keen on drilling 3" holes in our beautiful granite, but apparently we have no choice in the matter.
View attachment 618500

They actually don’t look bad, but just an FYI, they make those with USB ports in them also.

Just don’t put them in above a drawer [emoji16]

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Final grading has now been completed! Driveways are up next.
We are going to stick with colored concrete with a simple rock salt finish.

We contemplated using pavers, but my financial well has run dry so to speak.
We can always cut out ribbons to add some pavers later on to dress things up.

Grade11.JPG

RV Parking - will put pavers in eventually

Grade13.JPG

Back yard
Grade12.JPG

TCHB

Reaction score
Looks like they improved it from the weekend.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Well I decided to order these stainless steel spring loaded pop-ups for the kitchen island.
I think they look a lot better than the others.

PUR20-S_above_counter-min_1400x.jpg

https://www.kitchenpowerpopups.com/...round-20a_kitchen_outlet_popup_stainlesssteel

The Lew Electric PUR20-S is a spill proof countertop pop up power outlet that hides in your kitchen countertop or any location that might be in water range. When pushed closed all you see is a round seamless solid piece of real stainless steel, when pressed the unit pops up and exposes the power outlet. The matching black outlet features a 20 Amp rating, integrated GFCI protection, tamper resistant (TR) plugs, and a weather resistant (WR) outlet. The top features the highest water protection of any pop up on the market and comes with an industry leading IP54 spill proof rating from UL laboratories, there is also a gasket under the bezel to keep water from getting underneath the pop up.

The pop up was specifically designed to meet code for kitchen and wet location installations, it meets National Electrical Code (NEC) 406.5E for countertop use in the USA and Canada. The outlet has tamper proof plugs and is UL listed, the pop up as a complete unit is ETL listed for USA installations and cETL and CSA approved for Canada installations.

This pop up couldn’t be any easier to install and only needs a round hole to be cut in your countertop, after you drop the unit in the hole secure to the underside of your counter with the included threaded flange. To power simply plug the end of the 9’ cord into a 20 Amp outlet, install the included trim ring, and you have completed installation.

The Lew Electric PUR20-S meets code for kitchen countertop installations but can also be used in any other potentially wet location that requires recessed power such as airports, restaurants, bars, and hotels.

Color: Real stainless steel top
Black outlet: 20 Amp GFCI
Tamper resistant (TR) plugs
Weather resistant (WR) outlet
Meets NEC code 406.5E for countertops
ETL listed for USA, cETL listed for Canada
CSA Approved for Canada
UL listed receptacle
Water protection: IP 54 Spill proof rated
Gasket under bezel to keep water out
Bezel size: 4 7/8” round
Cutout size: 3 3/4” round
Pop up height: 5 5/8”
Depth under 3cm counter: 9"
Works in counter thickness: 3/8” - 2 3/16”
9’ corded 3 prong flat plug
Install using a licensed electrician
Designed for indoor installations only
Includes trim ring
1 year warranty

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Halleluiah the plumber finally showed up and installed our 36" cooktop! Just need the pot filler.
Gas meter is in and we passed inspection.

stove1.JPG

These cherry fireplace mantles are going to get refinished to match the weathered teak cabinetry.
Ernie at Reclamation Alley is going to do his magic.

Baseboards are in work.
mantle2.JPG

TCHB

Reaction score
Golfing the next couple days. If you need anything let me know.

Love your back yard #3 hole.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Driveway is formed, getting ready to pour. I asked about mesh or rebar but apparently that isnt happening.

I told the super if it cracks when my RV traverses that slab then they will be getting a phone call.

83D81629-8A20-4BD7-9460-709DD3F517BF.jpeg

Gas meter was finally installed yesterday.

B6EC87CF-4A85-432E-B635-F0680A7AA019.jpeg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Need some help with this perimeter wall. Apparently it’s not a full retaining wall, only to a certain height according to the permit on file with the City.
We need to either knock off the top row and add rebar and fill it or perhaps build another full retaining wall right behind this one.

Originally built by LT masonery. Looking at getting a couple of bids to see what our options are.

1C647D61-3AD1-4B14-BF89-E014A2628341.jpeg

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Need some help with this perimeter wall. Apparently it’s not a full retaining wall, only to a certain height according to the permit on file with the City.
We need to either knock off the top row and add rebar and fill it or perhaps build another full retaining wall right behind this one.

Originally built by LT masonery. Looking at getting a couple of bids to see what our options are.

View attachment 621058

If i remember correctly, 38 or 40” might have been the limit for a concrete block wall. Above that needs bigger footings to be retaining. You may be against the wall (no pun intended), they may require an engineered design for a permit (?). If you can remove the top row or two and come in under the limit it might be best to get by for now. You prolly want to keep the view, but you could put up wrought iron on top of block to achieve the perimeter height you want.
Everything really looks great!

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
If i remember correctly, 38 or 40” might have been the limit for a concrete block wall. Above that needs bigger footings to be retaining. You may be against the wall (no pun intended), they may require an engineered design for a permit (?). If you can remove the top row or two and come in under the limit it might be best to get by for now. You prolly want to keep the view, but you could put up wrought iron on top of block to achieve the perimeter height you want.
Everything really looks great!

Thanks!
We definitely want to incorporate some wrought iron onto the top between some pillars like the neighbors have in the background.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
For some obscure reason the driveway is not quite complete.
I asked the super if they ran out of concrete but he says no they need some sort of inspection.
I've never heard of anything like that. Anybody know?

I also noticed they didn't scribe expansion joints vertically, only horizontally... so I think I need to ask for a saw cut down the middle.
Thoughts? There is always some sort of surprise with these subs out there. lol
driveway2.JPG

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
We have keys! Hoping for C/O Signoff today also.

We had the first inspection on Wednesday and we only have 3 little issues to take care of.
I've got a u-haul truck reserved for this weekend. Going to move into the garage at the very least.
If we get c/o signoff then we can start moving into the house. Anxious to get moving!!!

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
Your place has really come out nice. I’d love to see it in person some day. Congrats again!

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Your place has really come out nice. I’d love to see it in person some day. Congrats again!

Thank You!
We would love to have you over for a BBQ or cold beverage. Let us know when you are in town and have some time.

DLC

Reaction score
House looks great! I hope you get in !

Did you ever find out what the deal was with the drive way? Do they need a cold joint to separate the drive way from the approach?

Seems kind of weird on a residential drive

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
House looks great! I hope you get in !

Did you ever find out what the deal was with the drive way? Do they need a cold joint to separate the drive way from the approach?

Seems kind of weird on a residential drive

Thank you! I talked to the owner and he said we can move our stuff in this weekend. The bank is supposed to fund today.

I'm not sure what the issue was for the driveway. I've never seen that before.
It was inspected prior to pouring the apron so perhaps they wanted to verify it was at least 4" thick down there?

OR pehaps if they need to do future repairs on the sewer or water main its easier cause the slabs aren't connected?

Joe mama

Reaction score
View attachment 618500
Only one required at each island counter top space. I think it's 210-52(c)(2)

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the issue was for the driveway. I've never seen that before.
It was inspected prior to pouring the apron so perhaps they wanted to verify it was at least 4" thick down there?

How big is your RV driving over that 4" slab?

TCHB

Reaction score
How big is your RV driving over that 4" slab?
I have friends all over Havasu with 4” slabs and never have a problem with their big RVs. I put in 5,000 sf of 6 inch concrete in may garage and drives. Not sure if it was a waste of money.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Well the driveway was saw cut with 2 vertical cuts by the time we got there. Kind of hard to tell in the photo.
driveway-final.JPG

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
We finally moved all our belongings into the garages last weekend. Whew, that was tough!
We were going to move into the house till we discovered overspray all along the perimeter of the laminate floors. :(
Apparently they only masked along the baseboards about a foot wide, so there was a definitive line of paint all around the baseboards throughout the house.
The painter came by and apologized and spent a couple hours scrubbing on his hands and knees using a 50/50 white vinegar and windex to get the overspray off.

Here are the latest shots of the kitchen and great room.
kitchen_final.JPG
kitchen_final2.JPG
stove-final.JPG
kitchen_final3.JPG
Fireplace-final.JPG
Wet_bar_final.JPG

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Here is the pick list...waiting on completion prior to final payment...which is not making the super happy lol.

No gas valve on the dryer gas line.
No gas valve on the BBQ gas line.
No spigot for BBQ water supply.
No electrical to D/W
Water shutoff valves in master bath too close to cabinetry, cant operate.
Waiting for final grade
Ceiling fans inoperable in Great room and they don't work correctly in master and guest rooms
Install Lock for the front door/ remove construction lock
Seal for entry door from garage has large gap... Need better seal to prevent entry of critters.

I told the Super, the sooner they get it done the sooner I can pay! Gee what a concept.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Here is the pick list...waiting on completion prior to final payment...which is not making the super happy lol.

No gas valve on the dryer gas line.
No gas valve on the BBQ gas line.
No spigot for BBQ water supply.
No electrical to D/W
Water shutoff valves in master bath too close to cabinetry, cant operate.
Waiting for final grade
Ceiling fans inoperable in Great room and they don't work correctly in master and guest rooms
Install Lock for the front door/ remove construction lock
Seal for entry door from garage has large gap... Need better seal to prevent entry of critters.

I told the Super, the sooner they get it done the sooner I can pay! Gee what a concept.

what a pain in the ass! everything looks really nice tho :)

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
what a pain in the ass! everything looks really nice tho :)

No doubt, I don't recommend building a new house. lol

Thank you, I can say they do nice work when they actually show up.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Beautiful home but what a wild ride it has been for you guys.

Thank you! It has been a wild ride. Definitely an eye opener.
We try to take it in stride, move forward and stay positive.

I think we are converging on a March 9th walk through and then we can finally move into the house.

All in All it was an 18 month process from buying the lot to getting the final walk through.
I have heard stories of folks waiting over two years, so I wont complain too much.
Now to hurry and refinance before the Feds increase the rates again. It's always something!