WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Deja_Vu's Retirement Oasis

DLC

Reaction score
Congratulations!

I thought I had a tuff one waiting for a couple weeks for a probate hearing /approval to buy our Havasu house.

You must be going nuts. Waiting and waiting and then hurry up and wait some more!

Your home looks beautiful, and even thought it’s been a while it’s definitely worth the wait!

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Congratulations!

I thought I had a tuff one waiting for a couple weeks for a probate hearing /approval to buy our Havasu house.

You must be going nuts. Waiting and waiting and then hurry up and wait some more!

Your home looks beautiful, and even thought it’s been a while it’s definitely worth the wait!

Thank you! It has been a test of patience and my marriage for that matter. Thank God my wife is such a trooper.
We are really pleased with the outcome, so it was worth the hassle.

DBU said they would build us another one for only cost + 10%, I said no thank you. we've had enough "fun".

Wendi

Reaction score
Thank you! It has been a wild ride. Definitely an eye opener.
We try to take it in stride, move forward and stay positive.

I think we are converging on a March 9th walk through and then we can finally move into the house.

All in All it was an 18 month process from buying the lot to getting the final walk through.
I have heard stories of folks waiting over two years, so I wont complain too much.
Now to hurry and refinance before the Feds increase the rates again. It's always something!

Beautiful Home. I work for Academy Mortgage in Temecula, I'm a lender in AZ as well. Let me know if you need any help with the refinance.
Wendi Cook 909-455-6271

wet hull

Reaction score
Here is the pick list...waiting on completion prior to final payment...which is not making the super happy lol.

No gas valve on the dryer gas line.
No gas valve on the BBQ gas line.
No spigot for BBQ water supply.
No electrical to D/W
Water shutoff valves in master bath too close to cabinetry, cant operate.
Waiting for final grade
Ceiling fans inoperable in Great room and they don't work correctly in master and guest rooms
Install Lock for the front door/ remove construction lock
Seal for entry door from garage has large gap... Need better seal to prevent entry of critters.

I told the Super, the sooner they get it done the sooner I can pay! Gee what a concept.
Does Havasu building code require the dishwasher to be on its own circuit?

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Does Havasu building code require the dishwasher to be on its own circuit?

I'm not sure. I will take a look at the main panel and see if there is a circuit breaker for just the D/W.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Well we finally vacated our RV site and hit the road! We arrived March 9th and did a quick walk through and noted a few minor things with the Super. I cut DBU a final check since they completed our must haves. So it’s ours and Mohave State banks house for now. The RV fits nicely in the side yard too.

I got 1 TV mounted above the fireplace and have a couple more to go. Cleared out about 50 boxes from the 2 car garage to park the cars. Slowly unpacking and organizing. Almost done!

A98471A0-BB44-47D0-8790-45E5FC89D844.jpeg
D3FFBCC9-1E0F-4B72-8E4D-8712D3936DE5.jpeg
BACAB042-BD7F-443F-81B8-73EB3160DB19.jpeg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
What are you putting in the RV garage if not the RV? LOL

I get that a lot...LOL My MIL is so confused why we built the RV garage but don't plan to use it for the RV.

I'm planning on leaving the boat hooked up to my truck in the RV garage ready to launch at all times! :)

I made sure to leave 13' between the garage and the wall for RVs. I've got full hookups (50amp service) inside and out.
That is the NE side of the house so it mostly gets morning sun and afternoon shade, and that side of the property is 195' deep so plenty of room for toys.

Last edited:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I get that a lot...LOL My MIL is so confused why we built the RV garage but don't plan to use it for the RV.

I'm planning on leaving the boat hooked up to my truck in the RV garage ready to launch at all times! :)

I made sure to leave 12' between the garage and the wall for RVs. I've got full hookups (50amp service) inside and out.
That is the NE side of the house so it mostly gets morning sun and afternoon shade, and that side of the property is 195' deep so plenty of room for toys.
I live my truck and boat hooked up also.

Havasu 012.JPG

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Now that's what I'm talking about Bobby. :thumbsup

TCHB

Reaction score
Really nice place......what city is that?
Lake Havasu City
3rd hole on the East Coarse at Lake Havasu Golf Club about 125 yards of the tee.

Lots of green grass and about 1/4 across from the nearest neighbors. He needs a golf cart to cruise up the club house for a beer and dinner.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Ol' Havasu1986 is a baller, ain't he?:D
Looking nice Dewd:cool:

Thanks Zig! Hope to have you and a few RDPers over once we can get it furnished.

Really nice place......what city is that?

Thank you! Very happy to be in LHC.

Lake Havasu City
3rd hole on the East Coarse at Lake Havasu Golf Club about 125 yards of the tee.

Lots of green grass and about 1/4 across from the nearest neighbors. He needs a golf cart to cruise up the club house for a beer and dinner.

Hey I found a couple balls with a T on it , lose any last week? :)
I do need a golf cart... Id like to build a small garage for one on the back side of the future cabana near the golf course access.
Just got to save those Benjamins!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Lucky for DJV I'm a slicer:p:D...however, our good friend (riley) is a major hook shooter:eek:

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Last week the hookers were out! I got 8 balls in the yard that week.
I need a permit from the city to install a golf ball vending machine out back LOL

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Okay so we've been trying to get the construction loan refinanced with my credit union.
I applied for the refi on 2/28. Took a couple weeks for a loan processor to be assigned, but they locked me in at 4.5% with cash out.
Appraiser came to the house on April 12th. Well we finally got the appraisal today! Not bad huh, only 19 days later. LOL that's Havasu for you.
So the good news is... we got the value that we hoped for and then some! :cool:

It's kind of unsettling to throw a bunch of money into a place you have no idea what it will be worth when you are done.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Well it's about time I update this thread.
We finally closed on our refinance at the end of May with our credit union.
The good news ... just in time for the Memorial weekend sales. :cool:

We ordered furniture from Ashley furniture at 30% off and new beds from Mattress Firm.
Lowes had 40% off on Levelors and I had an additional 5% off from a USPS forwarding address move deal.
So I splurged and got the remote control sheer shades for the great room and den.
In the bedrooms we opted for the transformations cellular shades with day/nite capability for the late sleepers.
Sliding glass doors got the 4 panel shades.

Its starting to look like home!:)
IMG_5406.JPG

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Nordic got the boat serviced last week. I was so happy I brought them 2 dozen donuts LOL

Looking forward to getting back on the water after almost 2 years!!

IMG_5590.JPG

Deja Vu really likes the RV garage

IMG_5655.JPG

82daytona

Reaction score
That place looks great! Hope you guys enjoy it for many years [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DLC

Reaction score
Your house has now become a home! Looks beautiful - congratulations!

Keep us posted on the yard, when ever you get around to that part

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
That place looks great! Hope you guys enjoy it for many years [emoji106]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Erik! We are still absolutely loving the Granite, you guys did a fantastic job!

Your house has now become a home! Looks beautiful - congratulations!

Keep us posted on the yard, when ever you get around to that part

Thank you! I appreciate it.
We received 4 bids on the front yard landscaping. (left side of the driveway only)
We really liked and decided to go with Arizona Garden. Miguel there is super cool.
We are on the schedule for Mid August.

DLC

Reaction score
Nice! Miguel did my yard! He is a good guy and has some good workers!
He is young and energetic and likes to work, make /create something!

I haven’t had a problem with anything he has done for me! Good choice

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Well it's about time I update this thread.
We finally closed on our refinance at the end of May with our credit union.
The good news ... just in time for the Memorial weekend sales. :cool:

We ordered furniture from Ashley furniture at 30% off and new beds from Mattress Firm.
Lowes had 40% off on Levelors and I had an additional 5% off from a USPS forwarding address move deal.
So I splurged and got the remote control sheer shades for the great room and den.
In the bedrooms we opted for the transformations cellular shades with day/nite capability for the late sleepers.
Sliding glass doors got the 4 panel shades.

Its starting to look like home!:)
View attachment 658447

My Dad had a very similar kitchen dining living room set up and it was perfect for entertaining or just hanging with family. Love the great room floor plan. House looks awesome congrats!

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Nice! Miguel did my yard! He is a good guy and has some good workers!
He is young and energetic and likes to work, make /create something!

I haven’t had a problem with anything he has done for me! Good choice

Glad to hear he took good care of you. Yeah he whipped out a pencil drawing and came up with some great ideas.
Everyone else said they don't do drawings...well geee, it could be as simple as a rough sketch ha ha

My Dad had a very similar kitchen dining living room set up and it was perfect for entertaining or just hanging with family. Love the great room floor plan. House looks awesome congrats!

Thank you! We spent a lot of money expanding the back of the house to get that great room up to the size we wanted.
We left a minimum of 5' between the island and the other countertops so people can gather around the island and not bump into each other or the cook. Our builder really discouraged that but we think its awesome.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
My 10.7KW Solar system is really producing great.
Here is a graph for May. There were only a couple cloudy days that month.

So my fixed cost for the system is $204 over 12 years and my electric bill is now only $23 a month.

IMG_5614.PNG

TCHB

Reaction score
Thanks for keeping the sun off the golf coarse. Much cooler now.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Arizona Garden Landscaping is going to start on the front yard next week!
We are going to employ 2 pallets of split face blocks to form 3 half moon shaped planters that are staggered with a River rock bed meandering through.
Going to lay down 24 tons of 3/4 cocoa colored gravel with 3/8 in the planters and a ton or two of boulders to give it that Mohave/Sonoran desert theme.

Here is the plant list...

Feature items
25 Gallon Palo Brea
4 foot Saguaro cactus
15-25 Gallon Ocotillo

Flowering Shrubs
(2) Mexican Bird of Paradise. (1 of each variety)
(3) Texas sage (2 Green cloud, 1 Silver)
(2) Lantana (1 Red, 1 Yellow)

Cactus (5 Gal)
(3) Golden Barrel Cactus
(1) Bunny Ear Cactus
(1) Purple Prickly Pear cactus
(1) Chuparosa Firestick
(1) Giant Argentina

Succulents (5 Gal)
(Prefer to have types that stay smaller)

(1) Agave Americana Cornelius
(2) Zebra cactus plant
(1) Blue Glow Agave or Potatorum
(1) Aloe Vera

DLC

Reaction score
Looking fabulous!

Make sure you add a wire for some landscape lighting, 12 volt systems seems to work pretty good out there. The solar lights don’t last that long maybe a year then replace batteries and the plastic fades....

Can’t wait to see the finished product!

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Looking fabulous!

Make sure you add a wire for some landscape lighting, 12 volt systems seems to work pretty good out there. The solar lights don’t last that long maybe a year then replace batteries and the plastic fades....

Can’t wait to see the finished product!

Thanks!
Yeah, we noticed the solar don't last much more than one season.

We purchased a dozen LED cast alum fixtures at Lowes with 200' of wire. Hopefully that's enough to get it all lit up.

Should be done Friday!

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Today’s progress, they got a late start but 5 guys showed up at 10am and they worked till about 2pm.
3F33A584-24C8-4431-B964-2F5795F8077A.jpeg

DWC

Reaction score
RV garage on a golf course. Tough to beat.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Current Situation... Plant staging in progress.
The Saguaro is coming from PHX tomorrow. The Palo Brea hasn't shown up just yet.
A few more... switch this plant here and that one there... and they will drop them in.

IMG_6228.JPG
IMG_6227.JPG

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Awesome build that you have here. One day I hope to do the same in Havasu.

DLC

Reaction score
I felt the same way! They did a great job and did it for a great price for the work at my home. I enjoyed the time I spent messing around with the team/crew, I was out working with em and jazzing with the guys, made sure they stayed hydrated.

It was a really cool experience and I had fun!

House and yard looks great!