WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Did My First Hare and Hound Race

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
WOW!! What a race! This was my first time racing a desert race, and I can say I'll be doing a few more this year!!

The course was awesome! The weather was awesome! The people were awesome! What else can you ask for.

I raced the Vet Novice 251+ class. I've been riding since I was a kid so I thought this would be a good class to start in. Well as mentioned above about new bikes not starting...that was me. I was lined up ready to go, the flag dropped, and my 2013 fuel injected KTM would not start! By the time I got it started there was no one to be seen. I took off trying to calm my nerves and quicky removed my goggles. I started passing people and was really enjoying the racing aspect of riding. I felt like I was making good time, and moving through the pack. At mile 29 I flated my rear tire. I made it to the last check point on loop one and the guys said just 5 more miles to the pits. I was stoked I was still in the race, and that I could ride the course back. I made it to the pits where my dad and I decided to change out the tube and continue the race. That's where everyone in the pits showed the true colors, and comradery, of desert racing. Guys started coming out of everywhere offering a bike stand, a pump, a helping hand, to fuel my bike while we worked on the tire! How cool is that! We got it fixed pretty fast and I started out in the 2nd loop. The 2nd loop was AWESOME!! Well the first part anyway. All the technical up and down hills, tight trails, sloppy mud sections were great. The check point on loop 2 where you could see the pits gave me a sigh of relief. I was getting tired and ready for it to be over. Then promptly after the check point the course turned 180? heading away from the finish. "Damn! There's more" is what I was thinking. The course was great running though the Charlie's Place area though the rocks and green grass. Then it ran back into the first loop slop, rutted, whooped up, small rocks, big rocks, and ditches. That was a but kicker way to finish the race.

The Jackrabbits put on a great event, and I hope the rest of the races are just as much fun.

I finished 78th over all, and 3rd in my class 5 minutes behind 1st. I think I may move up to intermediate for the next race. If I did not flat my race time would have been more on par with the intermediate class.

I'll try and put up a few pics later.

Shady

Reaction score
Welcome to the addiction! I know there are a couple other District 37 past and present racers on this board. I am a member of the Four Aces, come check our race out on the 8th of February!

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I used to run a CR500 in a few Johnson Valley Scrambles 20+ years ago. I loved it and wow was there a ton of racers, everyone super cool.

You really cover desert thats for sure.

Congrats to a job well done.

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Welcome to the addiction! I know there are a couple other District 37 past and present racers on this board. I am a member of the Four Aces, come check our race out on the 8th of February!

I put that race on the calendar! Going to try and make it.

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Everyone leaving me at the start.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421208629.819181.jpg
Fixing my flat.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421208672.971997.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421208730.460742.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421208747.579512.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421208761.236215.jpg
My finish line prize.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421208798.190370.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421208809.129993.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421208822.248548.jpg

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Enjoy D-37 !!! Raced for many years and had great time . Sad to see the turn outs at the races so low now days . As a long time member of the Vikings Mc it's getting real hard to recover the cost of putting races on with under 300 riders . P.S. don't pull any Reed moves in the dez those guys might do more than bump you :yikes. JK ...... Have a great time racing and come check out the Vikings Mc National H&H . Shady glad to see you back in So.Cal ......

Kylemenz1

Reaction score

I'm all signed up for the race! I'm going to try and race the entire "California Scramble" series.

Shady

Reaction score
Nice!! The dirt conditions were epic when we were out marking the course last weekend. If you are coming out Saturday, stop by the Four Aces camp, have a beer around the campfire with us. Ask for Big E (how I am know in the club).

I will be working the start line on Sunday. This will be a fun, fast course.

Eric

Fltplan

Reaction score
Haven't been on here in forever, my brother's in town and mentioned RDP, thought I would check it out tonight. Glad I saw this.

I remember conversing with you a few years ago about this I believe. I'm glad you finally did it. I raced for 2 years down here in D38. I never did a D37 race, but they have much more varied terrain and many more racers than down south. Be safe out there and get a gopro on, you will enjoy watching the videos for years.