• Welcome to River Dave's Place

DirecTV - Using your account in 2 different locations

Discussion in 'RD's Lounge' started by MMD, Sep 8, 2011.

1. MMD

MMD Banned

If a DirecTV subscriber has an account at home, can they send their parents a DirecTV receiver (assuming they have a dish installed) can their parents in another state watch DirecTV on the subscriber's account?

I believe this is the same as folks who have a DTV account at home and take a receiver to their river house and watch DTV there on the same account, right?

2. spotondl

spotondl In a Purple Haze

I use my DTV account in Havasu with a different receiver and anywhere I am with my RV... You just have to go through the setup and aim the dish... Haven't had any issues...

Home is Los Angeles btw...

3. Outnumbered

Outnumbered Don't tax me bro!

4. HOOTER SLED-

HOOTER SLED- Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!

Why yes, yes you can. I known someone that has done this and just split the bill. No different than just taking a spare dish, box and TV out to the desert and hook it up while camping.

5. Riverson

Riverson CHA PLEASE

I have 8 DTV boxes at home, 2 at my parker house and 1 at my Havi house. Mine are all grandfathered in and arn't "allowed" anymore, but they can't tell what you do with your boxes as long as they arn't connected to a phone line..just sayin

6. plaster dave

plaster dave Face down A$$ up

X2

7. HOOTER SLED-

HOOTER SLED- Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!

Yup.......... I have 4 of these boxes and a dish if anyone is interested. :D

8. pronstar

pronstar President, Dallas Chapter

Everyone thinks the receivers need a phone line, and DirecTV will somehow "find out"

RV's don't have phone lines, and millions of RV's have DirecTV.
    Easy peasy :thumbsup

9. TPC

TPC Wrenching Dad

4 receivers at our house
    2 receivers at the river trailer
    2 receivers in the boat
    3 receivers in our fifth wheel.
    I think it's $5 a month more per receiver.
    Still,, 300 channels and nothing on.

10. Mrs. Pirate

Mrs. Pirate Active Member

You have to have old receiver... The new ones somehow are connected. Just started that this year.

11. YoPengo

YoPengo Inmate #47

I think they have to have the same programming as your home account. The dish has to be set-up as if your are at home. (they will watch your local channels). So if they are in another state... they have what you have for programming.

12. YZFRider

YZFRider Well-Known Member

Yepp, its all good as long as they dont mind your programming. As for, "can they detect where you are" I have H22 receiver which is pretty new and have never been called on it. So I would say they have no idea and they do not require a phone line I have mine connected through the internet at both places and have not had any issues.

13. pronstar

pronstar President, Dallas Chapter

The receiver in our toy hauler is a few years old, the one in our bedroom is 1 year old. Neither is connected to anything.

If the one in the toy hauler hasn't been turned-on in a while, there's an on-screen message, and I have to call the 800 number and they send a signal that re-activates it, but this is all done via the automated system and takes about 2 minutes...no need to even speak to anyone.

There's no way they can mandate connection to anything, because most RV's aren't connected to anything. You may get limited functionality of some features like PPV without a connection, though.