• Welcome to River Dave's Place

Doomsday Preppers...

Discussion in 'RD's Lounge' started by DaytonaBabe, Feb 12, 2012.

1. DaytonaBabe

DaytonaBabe Super Moderator

Anyone watch this show on NatGeo? Geeeeze... It's on right now and they are focused on a family in Phoenix. The dude is convinced that a coronal mass ejection is going to knock out the power grid, cause a nuclear meltdown and the end of the world in 2012. This guy has turned his pool into a Talapia pond and all other kinds of insane shit...

Am I the only one who feels like if the entire Earth implodes I'm takin a hollow point to the dome? No way I want to be around if this so-called doomsday hits.

PS: Not talking about a minor incident that is survivable, got plenty of ammo for that. They're talking about the apocalyptic end of civilization as we know it.... like "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy if you've read that book...

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  2. The Doctor

The Doctor Land Sales GURU

If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear. :D

3. Phebus

Phebus Past Poster.

Nice knowing you :D

4. DaytonaBabe

lol... enjoy "hell on Earth" as they refer to it. Sounds awesome. LOL

5. HPBoats83

HPBoats83 Well-Known Member

I wonder if they have a job? They say they worked on their fort about 7 hours per day.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

6. GRADS2009

GRADS2009 Banned

*****?

7. DaytonaBabe

:rolleyes: 4.3 million people in Phoenix, Grads, not just one.... :p

8. Teal_Tornado

Teal_Tornado Well-Known Member

I love that show!!! its a fascinating kind of crazy!!

9. DaytonaBabe

I know!! I wondered that as well...

It's almost like hoarding, but with the slightest possibility that one day it will be useful...

10. mjc

mjc Nosy Neighbor

I watched one earlier this week and there is no way those people have time to go work somewhere else. The one i watched had 50k puonds of food stored.

11. 77charger

77charger Well-Known Member

Bunch of over worried people who really think the world is going to end and they will be the only ones to survive.They all think they got a plan only prob it aint going to work if they are at work and try to get home!

Besides if one of these disasters were to strike like they think most would be dead anyways.

I do think its good to have some stuff for prep for a few days in case of a quake or natural disaster,But these peeps are just freaks.Most anyone that heads to the deserts for riding or camp most likely have enough for what you will really need.

want to get a real laugh read the calguns forums.LOL

12. TPC

TPC Wrenching Dad

What they are showing is nothing compared to what's really out there.

HUGE co-ops of well funded groups getting dialed in for doomsday.

With our government going broke, loosing the freedoms this country was founded on because somebody feels like taking them away,,, hey, it could happen.

[video=youtube;-mUCLHzWiJo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mUCLHzWiJo&feature=related[/video]

13. Old Texan

Old Texan Well-Known Member

Using Mad Maxx as an example, the prepared have's will be wiped out by the renegade have not pyschos with mohawks, traveling in armored "dune buggy's", and wearing assless bluejeans.......:eek:

14. Flyinbowtie

Flyinbowtie Well-Known Member

TPC is right.

This show is a joke.

15. Luvnlife

Luvnlife Head Ram Rod

Right on, I'm all in:D

16. Luvnlife

Luvnlife Head Ram Rod

We watched about an hour last week. I'm done with it. I don't know if they really are those big of dumbasses or they are pumping it up for the series. Goes along with the show Cops, when you are feeling down turn that show on and you will feel good about yourself. Again, done and over.:cool:

17. DaytonaBabe

Me too... there aren't a lot of places that I can wear my assless blue jeans these days. Good to know I'll be able to do it while infiltrating these Preppers compounds:D

I was done with it last night when they were showing the family that has built their compound out of eight steel shipping containers. They decided that they would test the integrity of the metal siding to see if it could withstand gunfire. They backed off about 100 yards and shot it with a .22 LR - the network piped in sound from something like an AR. Anyone who has ever shot a .22 knows that it sounds nothing like an AR. They also showed dents in the metal from where the .22 round supposedly hit. hmmm, doubtful. I was pretty much yelling at the tv after that and my husband changed the channel. LOL

18. DaveC

DaveC Car-boat motors

Just face it. The only reason to watch that show is to come away with a positive outlook on your life after watching it and realizing how fucked up those idiots are on that show

:D

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  19. DaytonaBabe

TRUE! Sad to think about how messed up some of their kids might end up...

20. rivermobster

rivermobster Club Banned

Remember the Y2K deal???

A guy I worked with was all fired up about it!!! I asked him...

If all the puters are gonna take a crap, how did they figure out that 30 year loan on your house you got a couple years ago???

He didnt have an answer for that. :p

21. RiverRacerX

RiverRacerX RRX Dude

Guns will buy food. Food will not buy guns.

22. Schi-502

Schi-502 Well-Known Member

On the roof tops!
    Disasters aren't forever. But those seasoned Koreans willing to trade gun fire for security are a good example of being prepared.

The looters of Katrina, not the government employees shoplifting at WalMart, stayed clear of the home owners posting looters beware signs.

23. lol... Someone shot up one of our containers with a .45, blew right through one wall. An AR round goes all the way through, likely a bunch of the walls.:thumbsup

24. OCMerrill

OCMerrill All in...

Interesting show.

25. Tom Brown

Tom Brown Epsilon contributor

I joined a mailing list a few years ago called "off grid living". It is ostensibly about solar energy and sustainable lifestyles. I've been playing around with this stuff for a while because our lake house is pretty remote.

Anyway, last fall I got the first email that shared some theories on how civilization will end, and it will be every man for themselves. Since then, it's been an endless stream of anti-government, skin head, bullshit.

The BS that's arriving at my inbox almost weekly is so bad, I welcome the apocalypse, if nothing else, to shut these guys the hell up.

26. 2Driver

2Driver Well-Known Member

I couldn't take more than 10 minutes.

The guy shooting at his house to make sure the sides are bullet proof but standing next to a glass window talking about it....WTF?

The one guy was a fat focking tick. Survivalist, he's not worried about being taken out by a health issue before the earth goes off grid?