Reaction score
Hull - Eliminator Daytona 27 ICC
Engine - Mercury Racing 300XS Optimax QTY 2
Prop - 30 Bravo 4 Blade / 32 Merc Racing 3 blade cleavers
Cruise - 75-80
Top speed - 108
Options - Bimini, very nice stereo, upgraded gel, passenger GPS speedo

image.jpg

So I think one of the issues with this section is guys are going to hold back on criticisms so it does not come back around when they want to sell it. This boat I used for one season and it was awesome. Looked great on the water, performed well and I would run it any day. Killer ride. The boat was very dependable, sipped fuel, and felt solid on a Havasu Saturday.

There are items I wished were different. Boat did not like to go slow and had a slight hook to it. Placement of the gear controls lower almost on the floor were a pain in tight situations and also on rough days they would want to back out and creep towards neutral. Never happened to me under power but I know others with similar setups had this issue. Finally you had to straight line to keep water psi to the motors. This is not uncommon and I did change the setup of the pickups to address this.

All in all for the price, performance, timeless looks, and dependability this boat was great to own and I would buy another down the road.

SJP

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Pretty nice!
I'm kind of surprised more people don't go with that twin ob package.
Seems like it can free up a little space,they're efficient and run like a Swiss watch.
They aren't loud either,not that I don't appreciate the V-8 thunder.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Pretty nice!
Seems like it can free up a little space,they're efficient and run like a Swiss watch.

I think the fuel economy on these is amazing. Much better than the V-8 / V10 packages. You are not going to fill the boat up with people (deck boat application). Easy 105 + boat all day long.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Pretty nice!

I think that you are going to start seeing more twin OB boats in the near future. It is kind of a no brainer......cheaper to maintain, last longer and are FAST with less HP. If I was building a boat right now, it would definitely have wackers!!

retaocleg

Reaction score
I think that you are going to start seeing more twin OB boats in the near future. It is kind of a no brainer......cheaper to maintain, last longer and are FAST with less HP. If I was building a boat right now, it would definitely have wackers!!

x2

Singleton

Reaction score

Always wanted to build an Ultra 26 deck with wackers. Only problem is wife thinks they are NOT kid friendly.

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
Although mine was a DCB, I loved my twin OB boat. I'd get another without a second thought, and the new XS motors remove the only thing I didn't like, excess smoke when cold. Other than that, I loved that boat.

BigSteve

Reaction score

You bet !

They laughed at us when we told them how good the new green motors were and the rest is history

The Outboard Church is filled with former parts chucking champions :thumbsup

The door is always open for you to share the outboard experience at its best !

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Not going to lie to you guys. I miss the gas mileage on this boat.

H2O

Reaction score
You bet !

They laughed at us when we told them how good the new green motors were and the rest is history

The Outboard Church is filled with former parts chucking champions :thumbsup

The door is always open for you to share the outboard experience at its best !

You wouldn't put a boat motor in a car.....so why would anyone put a car motor in a boat ??? :D

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
You wouldn't put a boat motor in a car.....so why would anyone put a car motor in a boat ??? :D
I would tend to agree but with one exception; Honda has done extremely well putting Accord motors in their outboards 135/150 = inline 4 from Accord and the 200/225 same motor as the Accord V6............these motors are considered the true Workhorse outboards preferred by government agencies and professional fisherman.............definitely not performance motors but then again neither are the Accords in the automotive world :D

H2O

Reaction score
I would tend to agree but with one exception; Honda has done extremely well putting Accord motors in their outboards 135/150 = inline 4 from Accord and the 200/225 same motor as the Accord V6............these motors are considered the true Workhorse outboards preferred by government agencies and professional fisherman.............definitely not performance motors but then again neither are the Accords in the automotive world :D

not to hijack the thread on this awesome boat.....but do you know much more about the honda engines? Seems like they would have to beef up the main & rod bearings, oiling system, maybe crank or rods for marine application? I would be surprised, but impressed, if they used street motors with minimal mods.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
not to hijack the thread on this awesome boat.....but do you know much more about the honda engines? Seems like they would have to beef up the main & rod bearings, oiling system, maybe crank or rods for marine application? I would be surprised, but impressed, if they used street motors with minimal mods.

Couldn't really tell you but it's pretty common knowledge that they start with the same blocks.....I'm sure the need up the whole thing for exposure to salt water etc....all I was saying is that they have an amazing track record for an engine based on a car motor.....nothing more.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I receive a note that it was from the new owner. They made a lot of cool improvements and kept up on servicing it. If I needed another boat I would not hesitate to get this one. Killer boat. :thumbup: