WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Enclosed Trailer love

Meaney77

Reaction score
So desert season is right around the corner and I had an idea to tune up the inside of my enclosed trailer before the season starts. Not sure if anyone has any interest but figured I would post a few pix and my progress.

Last season I purchased a new 24' enclosed trailer to tow behind my motorhome. I bought it brand new and it was bare bones inside with only plywood on the floor and walls and some anchor points. I wanted to try and finish it off a bit including doing something with the walls and floor. Adding some lights of some sort. Securing an
Additional water tank adding power and building a work bench. Might try and add some cabinets down the road.

Here is a pix of the trailer when I picked it up last October.

IMG_0962.jpg

Inside- please excuse the clutter.

IMG_4660.jpg

Wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the walls. A buddy of mine bought the same trailer and painted the floor and walls and it turned out awesome. However when he ordered his, he paid a bit more for nice plywood without a bunch of imperfections. I didn't go that route and the wood they used is cheap plywood and I didn't think paint would look great.

One day walking through Home Depot I saw that they sold 4x8 sheets of white plastic paneling- they also had all of the corner moldings and seam moldings so I could seam all pieces together. The pieces were like $25 each and were secured to the wall with liquid nails. Seemed like a good idea and wasn't over the top expensive so this is what I decided to do....

My little helper helping me...
IMG_4659.jpg
IMG_4766.jpg
IMG_4767.jpg

After getting the entire driver sides of the trailer completed I came out the next morning and was totally disappointed in the outcome. I spent several hours (after kids go to bed) spreading glue all over the sheets and applying the to the walls and then used a floor roller to remove any air bubbles and assure they were sticking. Wrong.... out of total frustration I ripped them all down and threw them all in the trash since it looked like shit.

Now I'm super frustrated I have wasted a bunch of time and money on this and I have dried liquid nails all over the walls and not sure what to do... I scrapped everything the best I could but there was still traces of it on the wall. It would be easily visible and look like more shit if I painted. I had 2 options- I could reply the entire trailer which would be expensive and time consuming or figure out something else.

So after giving it some thought and checking out the Depot again I decided on carpet for the walls- sounds strange but actually doesn't look bad.

IMG_4675.jpg
IMG_4677.jpg

Depot sells this indoor/outdoor light weight carpet in 6' and 12' sections for pretty cheap. I tried the 6' section to get an idea if I would like it. I applied it and looked at it for a few days before deciding to do it all.

I ended up buying 12' sections of carpet along with seam tape and a few cans of 3M super 77 to apply and it worked like a champ. I used some stainless steel staples at the very to and down by the floor to hold everything in place.

IMG_4746.jpg
IMG_4754.jpg

Before diving into this I wanted to kind of keep it simple and not worry about power etc to the trailer. I figured if I needed to power anything I can run an extension cord from my motorhome. One of the issues I had was the lights in the trailer. It came with 2 cargo lights that are crap and only come on when the trailer is plugged into the MH and I have the MH running lights on. Pretty stupid design and the light they put out is terrible.

So along the lines of cheap and easy I was going to install some cheap 12v LED light strip lights that I bought on Amazon. I have one on the outside of my MH under the awning that I installed and it works good and put out descent light. So I purchased enough light strips to basically wrap around the top of my trailer ( both sides) and could tap into the wire and switch that's already in place for the outside spot lights. Long story short I installed everything and didn't care for the light, it looked pretty hooky and I felt like I was on a party bus so I ended up ripping it all down.

IMG_4741.jpg
IMG_4742.jpg

This opened up another can of worms for lights. So now I need to figure out running 110 into the trailer. I ended up picking up one of these and will install on the front of the trailer. I can run an extension cord from one of My storage compartments on my MH and plug it into my trailer to power light and outlets.

IMG_2302.jpg

I'm still working on the outlets and power to the LED lights but I will update later.

For the floor I ended up finding a place online that sells 25'x 9' wide coin flooring so I ended up buying a roll.

IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_4757.jpg
IMG_4759.jpg

Floor is in but still need to cut around the wheel wells and pop out the anchor points.

More to come...

Icky

Reaction score
I'll look for a picture, but when I had an enclosed a few years back, I got the brightest LEDs I could from superbrightleds.com you can cut them to length and add connectors. Ran them across the top bars with just the double sided tape. 4-4' sections was like daylight in there, later I connected a battery so I could power them when it wasn't hooked up.

I like the carpet in the walls, looks good