WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ever cook a whole pig in your Traeger?

LomitaBob

Reaction score
anyone ever cook a whole pig in your Traeger? thinking about a 40-50lber wondering time and temp?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
If you do it start a thread....hopefully you have a really big traeger?

Be careful of different temperature zones. One day I will do a whole hog but that's a lot of $$ if things go bad...lol

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
I would rather just do the cinder block pit method, proven and works good. also cheap

More2LifeThanMPG

Reaction score
We just to have some neighbors from South America that would do the whole pig in the ground feast every year, we used to have a huge block party and everything... Damn I miss them!

LomitaBob

Reaction score
this year we told everyone to get fucked on Thanksgiving. we are tired of the go here and then go there. we are packing up the motorhome and camping. Also being a trained Chef I always get elected to cook, every year its 2 prime ribs and a turkey that hardly gets eaten. I decided this year we are doing a pig since we are going to break tradition and start a new one! so making a block pit or digging a big ass hole wont really be an option I was going to take the Traeger with us and use it. probably gonna do a "dry run" this month at home first. will post pics!

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
I would think that to do the whole hog on the traeger you would want to rotate the way it faces near the halfway point. I don't see why it wouldn't turn out well

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
A lot will be determined by the size of the hog and if it will be roasted whole or in pieces. Even a small hog takes up a lot of grill space.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
do them in the ground , we have done 6-7 pigs in the ground they aways turned out killer :cool