WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

"FAST EDDIE" V-drive Regatta

aaronschiada

Reaction score
Hey guys, for those of you that dont know my dad Ed, he's a bit of a Fox's regular, and a Parker, AZ resident. Thanks to my dad, i have an undying love for v-drives and fast fast boats in general...which would explain why im broke...hahaha...just kidding. My old man is turning 65 on August 3rd this year, and in his honor, i thought it would only be right to put together an annual v-drive regatta. And if anything, its just one more reason to get that dusty old v-drive back in the water. For those of you that dont know my dad, or have only met him, ill give you a "little" back story. My dad was a little bit of a wild man, still is. I grew up with an understanding that he was the most fearless guy in the world. Climbing a 100ft tree hanging over the water to tie up a rope swing for his kids, only to then swan dive off into the water was no big deal for him. In my eyes he always had the fastest hotrods and the most badass boats, I could never contain my proud like smile when a rode around with him. My dad worked his ass off for many years, and he was very dedicated to being a provider and creating a certain lifestyle for himself and his family. When my dad was diagnosed with the rarest form of non-hodgkin's lymphoma 6 years ago, it was pretty devastating to all of us. To see a man who normally weighs 185lbs, shrunk down to 120lbs is a hard thing to watch. But as stubborn of a guy he is, he wasnt about to let a little cancer get in his way. To this day, his doctor is still baffled by his recovery. I personally think its the years of drinking Coors that kept him going...something in that rocking mountain spring water maybe. After his recovery, he packed up his shit and moved to Arizona, and then eventually to Parker, where you can find him floating down the river in his Schiada, hangin out at Fox's, or working on his house. He's one hell of a guy, and if you know him, then you understand. So what better guy to hold a v-drive regatta in his honor? I do not have all the details worked out yet, but i wanted to put it out there and see if people would be interested. BY THE WAY....KEEPING THIS A SECRET FROM HIM AS LONG AS POSSIBLE!!! Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1723.jpg
    IMG_1723.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 205

aaronschiada

Reaction score
Hey everyone...only 3 weeks till the event. There are a limited number of shirts. So be sure you get to me asap Friday and Saturday to get t-shirts and tank tops. Just find my yellow Schiada and I should be close by. Also, remember there is a 50/50 raffle that I will be selling tickets for at $5.00 each. Winner will be announced late afternoon at Fox's Floating Bar, and winner gets 1/2 the pot. You will have to be there to claim the prize. If you aren't there, we will keep drawing tickets till somebody wins. All shirts are $20.00, and again...limited sizes and quantity. The River Regatta starts Saturday the 5th of August, down at the sandbar across from Blue Water at 11am, then moves to Fox's later on. Remember...ALL proceeds go to CANCER RESEARCH. So it's all for a great cause. As well as celebrating Ed's 65th birthday. And it's still a secret!!! Haha. See you all there!!! Any questions feel free to message me. Thank you to everyone attending!!