WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Flat earth

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Any of you flat earthers? Seems like more and more people I talk to say the earth is flat. Wondered if anyone here thinks it is

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Any of you flat earthers? Seems like more and more people I talk to say the earth is flat. Wondered if anyone here thinks it is
Where?
Do we know where not to go;)

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
You need to talk to a different breed of people.
How people can regress so far in intelligence is baffling.

The smartest instructor we have is a huge flat earther. He’s a millwright which automatically makes him smarter than me but yea flat earther

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
The smartest instructor we have is a huge flat earther. He’s a millwright which automatically makes him smarter than me but yea flat earther

Amazing huh?
Otherwise intelligent and skilled people have never seen footage of Gemini flights.
But they also believe space flights are all rigged.

Icky

Reaction score

Chip or Ron?

Hullbilly

Reaction score
Some people obviously got a strong pimphand to the back of the head too often in their youth.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Some people obviously got a strong pimphand to the back of the head too often in their youth.

You know, I’m the CTG by most accounts here, but holy hell you have to at least base your crazy shit on something possible/ probable.

Flat earthers/ chem trailers give a bad name to to the rest of us!

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
images

buck35

Reaction score
So, ive never discussed this with a flatearther, but what on earth do they base their case?

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
So where is the edge? And why hasn't anyone fell off?:rolleyes:

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
You know, I’m the CTG by most accounts here, but holy hell you have to at least base your crazy shit on something possible/ probable.

Flat earthers/ chem trailers give a bad name to to the rest of us!

I was in Brazil in January. One of the guys in camp was from the Florida panhandle. He was a devoted flat Earther. He actually made some interesting observations. One that I found the most perplexing was a picture he had of the Statue of Liberty he took from 20 some odd miles away. He showed me the calculation, and at that distance, knowing the height of the Statue, it should have been something like 1250' below the horizon, yet was clearly visible, in its entirety.

Other than his flatEarth belief, he was a pretty normal dude, he could sure throw a 9 weight.

That said, I AM NOT A FLAT EARTH believer, I just found that interesting. He also had a picture of a lighthouse from 5 miles away on a beach. There was a pier between the lighthouse and the place where the picture was taken. You could see the sand 100% of the way between the pier and the lighthouse. Again interesting but certainly not any sort of proof.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I was in Brazil in January. One of the guys in camp was from the Florida panhandle. He was a devoted flat Earther. He actually made some interesting observations. One that I found the most perplexing was a picture he had of the Statue of Liberty he took from 20 some odd miles away. He showed me the calculation, and at that distance, knowing the height of the Statue, it should have been something like 1250' below the horizon, yet was clearly visible, in its entirety.

Other than his flatEarth belief, he was a pretty normal dude, he could sure throw a 9 weight.

That said, I AM NOT A FLAT EARTH believer, I just found that interesting. He also had a picture of a lighthouse from 5 miles away on a beach. There was a pier between the lighthouse and the place where the picture was taken. You could see the sand 100% of the way between the pier and the lighthouse. Again interesting but certainly not any sort of proof.

Look up Terrestrial refraction. Changes in air temperature and humidity can cause objects to appear larger and closer than they actually are, even over the horizon or behind obstructions.

Last edited:

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Look up Terrestrial refraction. Changes is air temperature and humidity can cause objects to appear larger and closer than they actually are, even over the horizon or behind obstructions.

Holy shit, kinda like the passenger side mirror, they must have gotten that glass from the extra Terrestrial’s lol

port austin pirate

Reaction score
definitely not flat, reason I know is there were many times in my youth I got so intoxicated I had to hold on to the grass to keep from falling off the world, couldn't be flat

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Another interesting question. Why are the continents on a globe so out of proportion. They have some interesting points. Not exactly proof but things that make you wonder. They also use the Bible quite a bit

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Another interesting question. Why are the continents on a globe so out of proportion. They have some interesting points. Not exactly proof but things that make you wonder. They also use the Bible quite a bit
Out of proportion compared to what?

Singleton

Reaction score
If the earth is flat, then someone explain when I traveled for business trip how this worked. Always enjoyed traveling for work, but don’t miss my once a quarter around the world trips when I would visit all the MFG sites.

Leg 1 = LAX to Singapore (18 hours)
Leg 2 = Singapore to India (6 hours)
Leg 3 = India to Ireland (10 hours)
Leg 4 = Ireland to DC (7 hours)
Leg 5 = DC to LAX (6 hours)

Gelcoater

Reaction score
It’s just not accurate. Check out the true size map

If you believe this stuff, what’s to say the true map size isn’t a fake conspiracy?

RCDave

Reaction score

Continental drift. Another proven fact.

The Bible is a spiritual book written by man, when many men thought the world was flat.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
If you believe this stuff, what’s to say the true map size isn’t a fake conspiracy?

No it’s been proven the globe is inaccurate. That’s what’s interesting.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Greenland isn’t that big. It’s way out of proportion