WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Flat earth

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
They have an answer for that. Antarctica goes all the way around the "disc" keeping the water in. :cool:

kinda like a giant ice dike. :D
That's one cold bitch

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Have you been there?

I don’t have to be. If you know how many miles it is across yet it’s pictured bigger than another area we know is bigger it doesn’t make sense. Even without being a flat earther that’s proven. You can google it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I’m in a class I posted the first thing I googled. I’m not arguing it is what it is plain and simple

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I don’t have to be. If you know how many miles it is across yet it’s pictured bigger than another area we know is bigger it doesn’t make sense. Even without being a flat earther that’s proven. You can google it

How do you know they aren’t lying?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
How do you know they aren’t lying?

There’s a Japanese scientist who’s used satellite imaging to draw the most accurate map. They could be lying I think it’s interesting

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Any of you flat earthers? Seems like more and more people I talk to say the earth is flat. Wondered if anyone here thinks it is

Vic, I thought you gave up weed.
I have flown above 50 thousand feet at 1.7 Mach in an F-106 and I could definitely see the curvature of the earth.
The sky was much darker as well.
Get real dude!

Hullbilly

Reaction score
I have flown above 50 thousand feet at 1.7 Mach in an F-106 and I could definitely see the curvature of the earth.
Get real dude!

Maybe the earth flattened out since the early 80’s! :D

JDKRXW

Reaction score
.....it's all because of global warming.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

Dude.... WTF did you replace the weed with man? This was explained to us back in elementary school. You cannot take a globe, a 3D image, and accurately transfer it to a 2D picture. It wasn't until the last 20 years or so that high resolution satellite pics were made available to the public so I wouldn't be surprised if there are some inaccuracies. But to think "they" are lying and the possibility that the Earth is flat is beyond bonkers.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Get real dude!
C’mon, Dave.
There’s no room for reality in a thread like this;)
Vic’s back on the wax, obviously:D

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I was in Brazil in January. One of the guys in camp was from the Florida panhandle. He was a devoted flat Earther. He actually made some interesting observations. One that I found the most perplexing was a picture he had of the Statue of Liberty he took from 20 some odd miles away. He showed me the calculation, and at that distance, knowing the height of the Statue, it should have been something like 1250' below the horizon, yet was clearly visible, in its entirety.

Other than his flatEarth belief, he was a pretty normal dude, he could sure throw a 9 weight.

That said, I AM NOT A FLAT EARTH believer, I just found that interesting. He also had a picture of a lighthouse from 5 miles away on a beach. There was a pier between the lighthouse and the place where the picture was taken. You could see the sand 100% of the way between the pier and the lighthouse. Again interesting but certainly not any sort of proof.

Refraction.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Vic

I'm intrigued as well....
I'm on you tube quite often...there a shit load of Flat earth info out there..

I keep hoping to find an image of "Flat" earth from the moon or space to disprove either side... either from Nasa, Russian and China Astros???

IMO, were a round planet... until someone falls off the edge and proves us wrong...LOL

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
heres an equation for the Flat Earthers....
equator circumference = 24,900 miles

here are four travel destination close on the equator..
Sao Tome to Singapore 6703 miles
Singapore to Nauru 4359
Nauru to Ecuador 7931
Ecuador to Sao Tome 5864

total miles 24,857

well if the earth was flat???????? one of those ,mile equations from edge to edge, would need to be a lot more than those figures... LOL

How will the flat earthers spin than equation???

Powermizer

Reaction score
I disagree with all non believers. I had a friend that always lived on the edge. He came home to his wife with scratches on his back all of the time. She asked how it happened? He always answered “sorry sweetie, it’s from living on the edge”. His girlfriend thought he was right too.

Gelcoater

Reaction score

Singapore to Nauru 4359
Nauru to Ecuador 7931
Ecuador to Sao Tome 5864

total miles 24,857

well if the earth was flat???????? one of those ,mile equations from edge to edge, would need to be a lot more than those figures... LOL

Lol.
You think these people can do math ????
:D

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
Maybe Grads is right?? The Block feature will be downfall of RDP... LOL.

#earthisround

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Great, not only are we responsible for global warming, now we find out we are making the world flat. JFC, I felt bad enough already, now I'm stressed about global flattening...
It’s flattening from all of us lifted truck driving, toy towing people with the giant carbon footprint!

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score

Singapore to Nauru 4359
Nauru to Ecuador 7931
Ecuador to Sao Tome 5864

total miles 24,857

Oy vey. There's no room for truth goyim.
1521351780044.jpg

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

rrrr

Reaction score
It’s just not accurate. Check out the true size map

Your pal has his facts backward. A globe is the only map that is accurate, with slightly minor distortion.

All flat maps are a variation of projections, or views, that have been developed over the last five to six hundred years. These maps necessarily distort the sizes and shapes of land masses, because they are a flat surface trying to represent the curved surface of the earth.

The Mercator projection is the most commonly used, but there are 58 other projections recognized by the scientific community.

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
No it’s been proven the globe is inaccurate. That’s what’s interesting.

A globe is slightly inaccurate because the earth is an oblate spheroid, not a perfectly round shape.

It is like a sphere squashed from the top so the diameter from pole to pole is less than the diameter from equator to equator.

rrrr

Reaction score
No it’s been proven the globe is inaccurate. That’s what’s interesting.

Greenland isn’t that big. It’s way out of proportion

Yer killing me. Greenland's shape and size are distorted on a Mercator projection because it represents the Earth as a cylindrical projection. There has to be distortion, the surface of a sphere cannot be shown as a flat image without it.

Earth. Notice how big Antarctica and Greenland are.

350px-Mercator_projection_SW.jpg

Earth again, with a Tissot's indicatrix of distortion in a Mercator projection. From 82 degrees north latitude to 82 degrees south latitude the map is reasonably accurate.

700px-Mercator_with_Tissot%27s_Indicatrices_of_Distortion.svg.png

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Dude.... WTF did you replace the weed with man? This was explained to us back in elementary school. You cannot take a globe, a 3D image, and accurately transfer it to a 2D picture. It wasn't until the last 20 years or so that high resolution satellite pics were made available to the public so I wouldn't be surprised if there are some inaccuracies. But to think "they" are lying and the possibility that the Earth is flat is beyond bonkers.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
It's flat where I'm standing.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
So we agree the globe isn’t accurate and there’s a shit load of other projections not accurate... do we agree the Japanese scientist has made the most accurate map? Not once have i said I believed the earth is flat... I said there’s a few things that really interest me.... on both sides of it

UAV.Pilot

Reaction score
Question...Has anyone ever flown around the World from the North Pole down to the South Pole and back the other side? I’m Curious why not if they haven’t...lots of ppl have flown from West to East, but I can’t find anything about a North/South trip?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
6694C230-A11B-46BB-85EB-0344ECE180EB.jpeg
I’ve been to 50,000’ more or less in C5’s more than once, and looked out the cockpit window. The earth is round.
Here’s Felix exiting his Gondola.
What is that in the pic? Round earth by God.

WYRD

Reaction score
So where is the edge? And why hasn't anyone fell off?:rolleyes:
I meet people every day that Thelma & Louise that shit right off the cliff but then again I'm in California so that must be the edge

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Question...Has anyone ever flown around the World from the North Pole down to the South Pole and back the other side? I’m Curious why not if they haven’t...lots of ppl have flown from West to East, but I can’t find anything about a North/South trip?

There are satellites in polar orbit. Only man made objects use polar orbits as in spy sats. (Well other than the “Black Night” mystery object that is in polar orbit before we ever put up a sat)

I don’t know about flying around the world in a polar orbit, but lots of flight go across the poles and use rotation as a shortcut.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I’ve read the air is too thin? That’s really the only thing I can find... that also interests me. The north star never moving, or constellations. My wife’s dad was an astronemer she said she can explain that to me today. I’m just curious. Instead of accepting what I’ve been told I decided to start doing my own research. That led to me being even more interested. Honestly I’ve always felt I was in a snow globe type deal w people always watching me. Can’t explain it that’s just how I’ve always felt. Still not saying the earth is flat but I’m very interested in certain things.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
If you start at the North Pole are
You upside down going around he South Pole? I don’t know I’m asking because now im thinking about that. I guess China sees a full moon upside down compared to us here? I’ve heard lots of different things on that too. And I’m not arguing. I’m sure there’s a simple explanation so that’s what I’m looking for. Instead of calling me bonkers or stupid a simple answer will do

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Geeze, didn't they teach you this stuff in school?

Do flat earther's think the sun revolves around the earth too? But if the earth is flat, how can the sun revolve around it? What about the moon and other planets, are they flat too?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

Do flat earther's think the sun revolves around the earth too? But if the earth is flat, how can the sun revolve around it? What about the moon and other planets, are they flat too?

School taught me a lot of bullshit... and anyone with young kids knows that’s getting worse. There’s a simple explanation the flat earthers have... actually make more sense than what I was taught in school. But again I’m not arguing just looking for some answers

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
School taught me a lot of bullshit... and anyone with young kids knows that’s getting worse. There’s a simple explanation the flat earthers have... actually make more sense than what I was taught in school. But again I’m not arguing just looking for some answers

I'm so glad I went to school in the 60's and 70's when they actually taught you stuff. Sorry about the state of education these days as it seems they are more interested in pushing an agenda and indoctrination than actually teaching science.

Here is some info you might want to look at:

http://www.smarterthanthat.com/astronomy/top-10-ways-to-know-the-earth-is-not-flat/

https://physics.stackexchange.com/q...-the-simplest-way-to-prove-the-earth-is-round

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=proof+earth+is+round&qpvt=proof+earth+is+round&FORM=IGRE

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I'm so glad I went to school in the 60's and 70's when they actually taught you stuff. Sorry about the state of education these days as it seems they are more interested in pushing an agenda and indoctrination than actually teaching science.

Here is some info you might want to look at:

http://www.smarterthanthat.com/astronomy/top-10-ways-to-know-the-earth-is-not-flat/

https://physics.stackexchange.com/q...-the-simplest-way-to-prove-the-earth-is-round

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=proof+earth+is+round&qpvt=proof+earth+is+round&FORM=IGRE

Those are ok but I clicked on them all and believe I’ve heard an answer for all that. The last post even says there’s a bunch of stuff that can’t be proven and that’s what flat earthers go for. So I’m not a flat earther I’m just curious why things can’t be answered. Maybe I’ve watched too many you tube videos. I also think 9/11 was an inside job and ‍♂️ maybe it’s just me liking to go down the rabbit hole

UAV.Pilot

Reaction score
View attachment 628408 I’ve been to 50,000’ more or less in C5’s more than once, and looked out the cockpit window. The earth is round.
Here’s Felix exiting his Gondola.
What is that in the pic? Round earth by God.

That’s a good picture, but here is the real pic, with the GoPro Fish Eye Lens corrected.
A374FCEC-D9F1-41AD-9768-6509A94797A3.jpeg

Reactions: t&y

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Ignorance isn't a simple answer.

This was all figured out hundreds, if not thousands, of years before we had rocket and satellites. And the answers keep coming up the same today as they did back then.

My idiot brother subscribes to all this, and passes it on to his kids. It is all about feeling and beliefs and not hard physical evidence.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

The sun does not revolve around the earth.
There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding about the basics of our solar system, and the diference between rotation, orbit, polar axis and polar axis tilt, rotational gravity/ Inertia, and so on.

All the planets in our solar system orbit our sun. The earth is the 3rd planet from the sun. Our earth sits on a polar axis of 23.5* off plane of the orbit path around the sun. Our earth rotates on its poles at this tilt. The tilt does change over about 40,000 year cycles.
One rotation is a day. One orbit around the sun is a year.
The tilt does not change during a solar cycle (year), that is why we have winter and summer. In the winter (northern hemisphere wise) the North Pole is pointed away from the sun, the South Pole is facing the sun. This is why Southern Hemispheres like Australia are opposite seasons.
So the earth spins on its tilt, while it orbits the sun. All the planets in our solar system do this.
Our solar system is in the Milky Way Galaxy.

There is no physical way the earth can be flat. It is impossible in so many ways that the mere fact we are discussing it is mind boggling... and I’m a conspiracy guy.

Vic, the subject of our solar system and earths place in it is limitless in its fascinating existence. I encourage you to view models of our solar system online and see how all these things work. It is one of the most incredible things there is to study!

But basically, the earths axial rotation and gravitational inertia affecting equatorial orbit paths precludes any possibility of a flat earth, and is why natural polar orbital examples are unheard of.
That’s just one example.
It isn’t supernatural.

Know this, if the earth was flat you couldn’t get DTV.