WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

global cooling, wtf

DRYHEAT

Reaction score

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
As I recall we were supposed to be going into another Ice Age back in the 70s. LOL

They weren't able to monetize it.

By changing the narrative to "climate change", it's easier to justify wealth transfers as long as the climate doesn't remain static.

Because lord knows the climate never changed until we started driving pickup trucks.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...h-atlantic-beyond-worst-fears-scientists-warn

Drastic cooling in North Atlantic beyond worst fears, scientists warn

Can't these scientists make up their minds for once and all?:skull
If you read the article it's pretty obvious they took an extreme minority of the results of their concocted computer modeling and then "tweaked" their modeling to get the results they wanted. Pretty typical of these "climate change studies".

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The climate change of climate change..

pronstar

Reaction score
If you read the article it's pretty obvious they took an extreme minority of the results of their concocted computer modeling and then "tweaked" their modeling to get the results they wanted. Pretty typical of these "climate change studies".

Funny thing is, the models don't agree with one another.
Which makes it convenient to cherry-pick the model that fits the narrative as "proof".

Regardless, I think our long-term solutions of being less wasteful of resources, of polluting less, are noble goals that we as a nation should work toward.
It really takes the "climate change" argument out of the equation entirely for me.

What I have issues with, are the "doom and gloom" scenarios that the planet will become a blazing fireball if we don't massively raise taxes, if we don't cripple economic growth, to combat it.

Dettom

Reaction score
That! Has anybody seen "The Great Global Warming Swindle"? This is no different than the money grab from recycling.[/QUOT

The climate change movement is nothing more than a religion. I knew when they started talking about jailing "non-believers", they had nothing. Nothing. Communists, all of them.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
It's just them folks trying to cause more hysteria and make them feel relevant again since most of their global warming crap has been debunked.:rolleyes:P

pronstar

Reaction score
#triggered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thmterry

Reaction score
I know they have been saying for years that Phoenix has changed their own climate by all the concrete that has been poured in the city. Holds the heat in summer and the cold in winter.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I know they have been saying for years that Phoenix has changed their own climate by all the concrete that has been poured in the city. Holds the heat in summer and the cold in winter.
You can tell that when Sky Harbor is 3-5* higher than five surrounding areas within a few miles.

nameisbond

Reaction score
President Trump was so good he reversed global warming in a year in office. We have a group of islands here that make up the inside passage to Alaska. I joke we should increase our efforts to increase the temps: "turn the gulf islands into the Caribbean!" even Whole Foods cashier laugh when I ask for plastic bags with groceries, I tell them don't recycle and then use that line.

4Waters

Reaction score
When I was a kid (late 70s to early 80s) I don't remember ever being able to see the Santa Monica mountains from the 118fwy due to the smog, it was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Now you can see the Santa Monica mountains nearly every day if not every day of the year. We have definitely made a huge difference in the pollution our cars create in the last 40 years.

pronstar

Reaction score
When I was a kid (late 70s to early 80s) I don't remember ever being able to see the Santa Monica mountains from the 118fwy due to the smog, it was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Now you can see the Santa Monica mountains nearly every day if not every day of the year. We have definitely made a huge difference in the pollution our cars create in the last 40 years.

Yes but that has nothing to do with CO2 emissions.

DLC

Reaction score
What about the ozone layer, did they ever fix that?

There was a ton of talk and laws passed due the ozone layer breaking down..... aerosol cans needed to be eliminated!!

Aqua-net hair spray was to be no more!

spectras only

Reaction score
What about the ozone layer, did they ever fix that?

There was a ton of talk and laws passed due the ozone layer breaking down..... aerosol cans needed to be eliminated!!

Aqua-net hair spray was to be no more!
IIRC, high altitude supersonic flights were also blaimed for the depletion of the ozone layer. Later on, scientists announced the return of previous ozone levels near the arctic. Never researched it what happened, anyone know?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
IIRC, high altitude supersonic flights were also blaimed for the depletion of the ozone layer. Later on, scientists announced the return of previous ozone levels near the arctic. Never researched it what happened, anyone know?

Not sure but probaly because they got caught with their pants down and quietly backtracked on the whole thing til they could create a new "catastrophe" (global warming......er....... i mean Climate Change).

Btw, one of the things that was supposedly eliminating the Ozone layer was refrigerants. Odd that a chemical that is substantially heavier than air coukd make its way all the way to the outermost layers of our atmosphere to eliminate that Ozone.

Also, the EPA was recently sucessfully sued that they did not have the legal authority to phase out the use and production of R-22. Probably the single most commonly used refrigerant in the industry.

pronstar

Reaction score
Western scientists will say the elimination of CFC refrigerants led to the restoration of the ozone layer.

Skeptics will say that China and other counties were still producing massive amounts of these refrigerants while the hole was restoring itself.

It is sort of odd that there's no shortage of Freon in Mexico and the rest of the world that's not ruled by environmentalists.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Follow the money.

Its a new market that is being created. So some VC firms can cash in from servicing that new market.

Pay attention to who brings new products and services to market to service this whole new market. And this new market has the potential to be very big.

People can makes tons of cash if they are first to a new market with something new. It has happened before

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Dennis Miller on Global Warming:

“I don't even know if I believe in global warming. I don't disbelieve, but I need a little more information. It would appear that the crux of the problem is, over the last century, the temperature has gone up a couple of degrees. Eh maybe, maybe not. Excuse me for not trusting temperature figures from the year 1905. They were still shitting outside in the woods, but I'm supposed to believe they had a stranglehold on the Fahrenheit of the Earth's magma. I'm sure that was an accurate reading.”

“Do you think that during the Dust Bowl in the 1930s in the Midwest people thought ‘Wow, this must be global warming’ or did they just think ‘Fuck, it hasn't rained in a while?'"

big-696553264b.png

28Eliminator

Reaction score
The scientific facts surrounding Climate Change have the same validity as a CNN news report as far as I'm concerned ;)

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The scientific facts surrounding Climate Change have the same validity as a CNN news report as far as I'm concerned ;)
Maybe, but just maybe, in another 20 millions years or so the scientists will figure out there isn't a problem with the earths normal weather patterns.:rolleyes::p:D

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Western scientists will say the elimination of CFC refrigerants led to the restoration of the ozone layer.

Skeptics will say that China and other counties were still producing massive amounts of these refrigerants while the hole was restoring itself.

It is sort of odd that there's no shortage of Freon in Mexico and the rest of the world that's not ruled by environmentalists.

It's kinda funny that the patents for r12 ran out the day after it was outlawed for use here in the US.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

500bbc

Reaction score
Nothing to do with "global warming" AKA write me a check, though.

KevinR

Reaction score

Reminds me of when I was growing up in Arcadia mid 60s - mid 70s, just south of Santa Anita Racetrack. There we many, many days we could not event see the San Gabriel mountains and they were just north of the 210 Freeway!

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Maybe, but just maybe, in another 20 millions years or so the scientists will figure out there isn't a problem with the earths normal weather patterns.:rolleyes::p:D

That’s kinda the point I was making [emoji849][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

500bbc

Reaction score
I live in the SFV, the global warming hoaxsters now take their temperature readings in Warner Center a several square mile of high rises with reflective glazing, reflective roofing and black asphalt parking lots.

The temps to be higher than when they took their readings in the middle of a cornfield.o_O

4Waters

Reaction score
I live in the SFV, the global warming hoaxsters now tyake their temperature readings in Warner Center a several square mile of high rises with reflective glazing, reflective roofing and black asphalt parking lots.

The temps to be higher than when they took their readings in the middle of a cornfield.o_O
I live in the SFV, the global warming hoaxsters now take their temperature readings in Warner Center a several square mile of high rises with reflective glazing, reflective roofing and black asphalt parking lots.

Yup, if they go a couple miles east they could get a more accurate reading at Pierce College

johnnyC

Reaction score
All I Can predict is that it is going to rain!