WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Government shut down=Lake Mead shut down.

Moody

Reaction score
I would like to see them try to close the lake during the summer.

Consessions are reporting that they will lose $10k a day if it happens.

They had those entrance gates up only a couple of years now. And now they think they can lock the doors. I would have no problem running my truck through that 2x6.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Yeah, not gonna happen, people will be boating regardless, hopefully it means no LEOs on the water as well.

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Sweet no enforcement on the water! Ramps aren't the only place to launch a boat. I think I'll go up there and drive "clockwise" around the lake! Yahoo:champagne:

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
The closed Powell down back in the mid-90's when Clinton was playing his games with Newt.

State troopers and park police had road blocks set up. You couldn't get to the lake.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Yea , mow em down ! ram that entrance shack ! when I see those rangers in their , I see money being collected for pensions and salaries , pisses me off !

PaPaG

Reaction score
AMAZING, Our GOV will be forcing a shut down at Mead because they were to busy to create a budget all last year for 2011. At the same time they will be spending money placing armed park rangers at the entrances to keep people out...WOW it's a wonder how anyone could have supported all these idiots while they were flushing this great country down the toilet...

azwetnwild

Reaction score
Powell will be shut down again. If your already on the lake you can stay but if you leave to go into town you can't get back on the lake. Rangers will still be working everyone goes home.

Going to be a shitty weekend weather wise anyways.