WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hallett 210 refresh

MCnParker

Reaction score
Project took a slight detour :thumbsdown
When putting the boat back on the trailer at the gelcoat shop I could hear something sloshing around in the Hull. I was hoping it was the gas tank in the floor or water from them washing the boat after the Gelcoat work.
Figured if it was water from the washdown it would just drain out. Well I took the boat to B&D to have them do a tune up and check out the condition of the motor and drive, Carb was so full of deposits from water it had to be junked. So i took the boat over to Hallett to get an idea of how the floors were built and if there was any drainage down the center section of the Hull. Found out the older Hulls are sealed between the stringers so if water gets in its not coming out, Cut a hole in the floor a took some pictures...
View attachment 432241 View attachment 432242 View attachment 432243
unless it eats a hole thru the tank:(

View attachment 432244 View attachment 432245

Fortunately Hallett was able to jump on it right away, The floors were removed and replaced and installed a new tank and bulk head with drainage thru all the sections of floor.should be good for another 30 years.:tbi

Was the tank surrounded with the expandable foam? We are doing the floor in ours and found water in front also but not a lot in foam.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Man those gauges really update the look, its fantastic. Interior looks great too. Apologies if I missed it, but who did you end up using? Great looking 210. :thumbup:

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Was the tank surrounded with the expandable foam? We are doing the floor in ours and found water in front also but not a lot in foam.

Yes the tank was surrounded by foam. The one portion on the bottom that did not have foam is in the best shape.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Man those gauges really update the look, its fantastic. Interior looks great too. Apologies if I missed it, but who did you end up using? Great looking 210. :thumbup:

Thanks, Raul's in Ontario did the interior. They have been around for 30+ years and do everything, car boats hod rods what ever you want. Really easy to work with.

MCnParker

Reaction score
Yes the tank was surrounded by foam. The one portion on the bottom that did not have foam is in the best shape.

If you dont mind PM'ing me a ballpark cost for Hallett doing the floor and the tank? I got a feeling I am going to be doing this next year.

Thanks

Cnuss329

Reaction score
Great looking boat! Amazing job! I have a '90 Hallett 210 that i just bought about a year ago and found some good info on this thread! keep the posts coming!

B-rian

Reaction score
Hey ultra lucky, nice build man.
I was was wondering about those wind screens.
How you refinished them?
How they turned out?
Is it worth doing?
I need to do some work on mine before the season, and I have just posted a forum about it.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Hey ultra lucky, nice build man.
I was was wondering about those wind screens.
How you refinished them?
How they turned out?
Is it worth doing?
I need to do some work on mine before the season, and I have just posted a forum about it.

I responded in your thread. For me it was worth doing because I wanted them darker and the cost for replacing them was so high. Not sure as how it will hold up yet.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Thanks, Raul's in Ontario did the interior. They have been around for 30+ years and do everything, car boats hod rods what ever you want. Really easy to work with.

Is this the same shop that did all the interiors for Boyd Coddington?

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Did you have to do any modification to the dash to change the gauges?
Awesome project!!

The dash was fine no modifications. The holes spacing is about a 1/4" to close if using standard gauge bezels so I milled down the sides of the bezels so the gauges and bezels would fit with the existing dash spacing. You could order thinner Bezels and it would probably work.

New

View attachment 465629

Old

View attachment 465630

Last edited:

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Ah gotcha for some reason I got them mixed up with the shop he used. Boat looks great good job. Are you going to keep it or sell it?

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Ah gotcha for some reason I got them mixed up with the shop he used. Boat looks great good job. Are you going to keep it or sell it?

Thanks,
Plan to be keeping this one for quite awhile.

240Hallett

Reaction score
The dash was fine no modifications. The holes spacing is about a 1/4" to close if using standard gauge bezels so I milled down the sides of the bezels so the gauges and bezels would fit with the existing dash spacing. You could order thinner Bezels and it would probably work.

New

View attachment 465629

Old

View attachment 465630

It looks like the spacing would work without bezels from your pictures. What did you put in place of the hour gauge? That is such a huge improvement! I have those same shitty square ones on my '91 240.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
It looks like the spacing would work without bezels from your pictures. What did you put in place of the hour gauge? That is such a huge improvement! I have those same shitty square ones on my '91 240.
Thanks,

I don't what they were thinking with those square gauges.

There would be no clearance issues if you didn't use bezels. The new tach has the hour gauge so I replaced that with a fuel pressure gauge which now needs to be replaced because I am switching over to a fuel injected motor.

Bleakish Times

Reaction score
Project took a slight detour :thumbsdown
When putting the boat back on the trailer at the gelcoat shop I could hear something sloshing around in the Hull. I was hoping it was the gas tank in the floor or water from them washing the boat after the Gelcoat work.
Figured if it was water from the washdown it would just drain out. Well I took the boat to B&D to have them do a tune up and check out the condition of the motor and drive, Carb was so full of deposits from water it had to be junked. So i took the boat over to Hallett to get an idea of how the floors were built and if there was any drainage down the center section of the Hull. Found out the older Hulls are sealed between the stringers so if water gets in its not coming out, Cut a hole in the floor a took some pictures...

Fortunately Hallett was able to jump on it right away, The floors were removed and replaced and installed a new tank and bulk head with drainage thru all the sections of floor.should be good for another 30 years.:tbi

Any ideas what caused the hole in the fuel tank?

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Soon.......... I hope?

Getting the boat cover tuned up and new Bimini made right now.

You are straight buisness about completing this project, Im anxious to see the latest updates. Was at the Gel Coater today, my wallet is going to be light again, damn boats, LOL.

Croz

Reaction score
I've really enjoyed following this thread. Great job on the boat

UltraLucky

Reaction score
I've really enjoyed following this thread. Great job on the boat

Thanks,

The project has stalled a bit. Got too busy at work, I did get it over to Custom Canvas to get the new Stainless Bimini done, than over to Hallett to get some things I haven't been able to take care of.

View attachment 477869 `

I'll be be running as is for a bit till Brian @ B&D can get to the 509 installation.:champagne:

Last edited:

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks,

The project has stalled a bit. Got too busy at work, I did get it over to Custom Canvas to get the new Stainless Bimini done, than over to Hallett to get some things I haven't been able to take care of.

View attachment 477869 `

I'll be be running as is for a bit till Brian @ B&D can get to the 509 installation.:champagne:

I'm so happy with the motor Brian built me and I'm confident he under states the power they actually put out.

View attachment 477909

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Hallett took the additional step of adding reinforcement behind pop up cleats when they did the installation.

202-4_dimension.jpg 20160424_152616.jpg

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Took the boat out for a test run at Puddingstone on Sunday and had a few issues.

First issue boat would not fire, no Fuel to the Carb.

Think I found the problem.

20160429_075115.jpg 20160429_075143.jpg 20160429_075204.jpg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Well done!
That is an amazing transformation. You dialed those colors in. :thumbsup

UltraLucky

Reaction score
The Hallett is looking great!

Thanks,

Looks like you picked up the 93 closed bow at max marine. From he adds I saw seems to be a very nice 210. How does it run with the 502? Curious as to what size prop you are running.

Hallett1974

Reaction score
Thanks,

Looks like you picked up the 93 closed bow at max marine. From he adds I saw seems to be a very nice 210. How does it run with the 502? Curious as to what size prop you are running.

The boat is very clean and the 502 runs great. I will have to get back to you on prop size. I think it's a 22 or 24 but I don't know.

Squirtsfar

Reaction score
I have enjoyed following your thread, thanks for sharing. The Hallett looks great!

How do you like the new shifter?

UltraLucky

Reaction score
I have enjoyed following your thread, thanks for sharing. The Hallett looks great!

How do you like the new shifter?

Thanks for following along.

All i have really been able to do is look at the shifter so far. I do like how it looks compared to the old one though.The shift cable bellow was leaking a large amount of water when I tried to launch a few weeks back.
Just got it and the cable replaced yesterday so hope to find out in the next couple of days. How Is your 210 running?

Squirtsfar

Reaction score
Thanks for following along.

All i have really been able to do is look at the shifter so far. I do like how it looks compared to the old one though.The shift cable bellow was leaking a large amount of water when I tried to launch a few weeks back.
Just got it and the cable replaced yesterday so hope to find out in the next couple of days. How Is your 210 running?
Great so far. Racking up a laundry list of things I am going to change or re-do in the off season though. [emoji12]