WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sliders

j-bone

Reaction score
So a few weeks ago, Daytona Babe put on a little food competition at Fishers Landing on the lower river. This was the 5th Annual Taste of the River, but it was my first time competing. Well, to make a long story short, our entry won. The sliders and cocktail we made were a big hit. So I thought I'd share the winning recipe. It was really easy and affordable to feed a lot of people.

Sliders:

Ingredients:

Pork Shoulder
Fresh Pineapple
Kings Hawaiian Jalapeno Rolls
Sweet Baby Rays Hawaiian BBQ Sauce
Red Cabbage (shredded)
Liquid Smoke
Salt

Place pork shoulder in crock pot. Drizzle 2 tbsp. liquid smoke and sprinkle salt over roast. No liquids necessary. Cook on low until fork tender. Time depends on size of roast. 10 lb roast took about 9 hrs. Once roast is done, drain off all liquid begin shredding roast with two forks. It should pull apart easily. Once it is all pulled apart, add BBQ sauce and return to crock pot set to warm.

Slice pineapple in small slices and place on hot grill until grill lines appear and warmed through. Place rolls on hot grill face down to toast. Once toasted, place rolls on platter, top with pulled pork, shredded cabbage and grilled pineapple and serve. The big hit seamed to be the grilled pineapple. Everybody loved them. This dish could easily feed dozens of people for around $50. The good thing about this is the roast cooks in the crock pot while you are on the water. Shredding the pork and grilling the pineapple and toasting the buns don't take long at all. Very easy meal to feed a lot of hungry people.

Cocktail:

This was something we mixed up to fit with the Hawaiian theme and it worked out perfectly. Again everyone loved it. It's a little sweet, but refreshing.

1 part Vodka
1 part Malibu Rum
1 Part Dole Pineapple Juice
1 part Mango Juice
2 parts Passion Fruit Juice

Mix all ingredients and serve over ice. Garnish with a slice of pineapple. and enjoy.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
This sounds delicious. I made my first pulled pork last week. I was afraid the pork would come out dry so I went with the Dr. Pepper version of this and it came out amazing. Did everything you did minus the cabbage and pineapple.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
I made the recipe labor day weekend, and made the red cabbage sort of in a cole slaw style with some vinegar and best foods mayo, it came out awesome! and fed us for like three days with the leftovers! thank you!:D

j-bone

Reaction score
I made the recipe labor day weekend, and made the red cabbage sort of in a cole slaw style with some vinegar and best foods mayo, it came out awesome! and fed us for like three days with the leftovers! thank you!:D

Glad you liked it. So easy to make. Perfect for football Sundays.

rivergames

Reaction score
Just made your Hawaiian Pork Sliders for about 20 people here at the river. Holy Shit, they came out amazing and super easy to make. Thanks for the bitchen recipe!!!