wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
pellicle.jpg
pellicle 2.jpg

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Jury is still out if this carboy is a total loss or not. We are still killin astronauts will 100's of engineers working on minute details.

Still sucks giving some away.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
As you can tell from the atmosphere lock. looks like the lock had maybe spit itself out and let some O2 in and jacked up this batch.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Damn, sorry to hear that. Luckily you made a ton this year.

So what are the consequences of kegging and drinking that? Just a taste issue or a stomach issue?

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Damn, sorry to hear that. Luckily you made a ton this year.

So what are the consequences of kegging and drinking that? Just a taste issue or a stomach issue?
Don't know yet. Could have a sour taste and still be good, or it could be stomach issues. We didn't want to risk it on Thanksgiving day. ;)

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
OK party peeps. Making final prep and kegging the "good" cider today and carbonate it. We are going to test the pellicle batch and see if it is a good thing or going into the sewer drain.

Ill snap some pics.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Cider kegged up unbeknownst to me. Carbed up and we did a taste test today. I am pretty happy with the end result even if we killed 5 gal in the process.

Pellicle batch tastes fine. We are going to add a reduction to it tomorrow and keg that separate.

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
We decided to save the pellicle batch and set that up for a new years deal or something. We are going to add a different reduction in it, prolly do some type of fruit deal, raspberry, cherry or something like that.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Went up there last Thursday with the wife.

Attachments

• 20190926_135855.jpg
    20190926_135855.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 20190926_135642.jpg
    20190926_135642.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 102

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I just gave his last post on this thread a like for old times sake. I miss Brian's banter around here
Did I miss something what happened to Brian?

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Dave dropped the ban hammer on him

No real standard operating procedure with that whole thing.

He's definitely got a batch going. I always ask him for advice on the cider process every year. He had a few varieties at his Christmas party last year.

I'm headed up there tomorrow for our annual trip. I'll be grabbing 5 gallons.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
What could Brian possibly have done to deserve being banned? When does he get off vacation?

Is Dildo boy still here or has he also been banned ?
Unfortunately Dave pulled out the big fucking ban hammer and Brian won't be back. I think he was not very nice to some people Dave knows when they stopped in Brian's shop or something like that

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Unfortunately Dave pulled out the big fucking ban hammer and Brian won't be back. I think he was not very nice to some people Dave knows when they stopped in Brian's shop or something like that

Well that Sux!

I might not be back either. o_O

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Brian could be a little stabby at times but I always enjoyed our conversations. I think long term bans are form accumulative activities not inline with this forum. Not a one shot deal. The shit we get away with on RDP is incredible.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

He made some disparaging comments here about someone that was a realtor, and then supposedly was curt or rude to another someone from the boards that went to his shop looking for help on a project.

Both of those people are husband and wife, and good friends with RD.

Now he’s banned.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Brian could be a little stabby at times but I always enjoyed our conversations. I think long term bans are form accumulative activities not inline with this forum. Not a one shot deal. The shit we get away with on RDP is incredible.

Is it? I can go threaten people with death on other platforms, and nothing happens :)

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
You can find forums from the word of God to Paedophilia. Somewhere between the two, someone gets to draw the line for behavior. I still think this forum has a high threshold to acceptable standards. You're right, if you threaten to hunt someone down and kill them, you're going to get banned here.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You can find forums from the word of God to Paedophilia. Somewhere between the two, someone gets to draw the line for behavior. I still think this forum has a high threshold to acceptable standards. You're right, if you threaten to hunt someone down and kill them, you're going to get banned here.

Disparaging the owner's good friends is the line drawn here apparently. This place is pretty tame really, but there is a set of people that would think it is just a site for phobes and ists.

Last edited:

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score

I've wondered what happened to him, why he hadn't been around. Miss his posting, usually had some cool stuff going. Except for the runningallthewordstogether thing occasionally, lol... :p

HCP3

Reaction score
Was he the "bury a body buddy" guy? That shit was annoying.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
[QUOTE="LargeOrangeFont,
Both of those people are husband and wife, and good friends with RD.
Now he’s banned.[/QUOTE]
I hope there is more to it than that...Either way, if we're safely exposing how we feel, I would vote to Bring Brian back. He did some fancy stuff in his shop, stuff I could relate to as a retired machinist... I still play around machining but I don't have the modern equipment he has...Yeah, "Changing the world, one chip at a time"...
Ray

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I hope there is more to it than that...Either way, if we're safely exposing how we feel, I would vote to Bring Brian back. He did some fancy stuff in his shop, stuff I could relate to as a retired machinist... I still play around machining but I don't have the modern equipment he has...Yeah, "Changing the world, one chip at a time"...
Ray

What I referenced is what caused him to be banned, but it sounds like those events were the straw that broke the camels back.

I don't know or care any more than that, and I'm just regurgitating what I read here in public from RD. It is RD's deal, it is his website.

Last edited:

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
That's what caused him to be banned, but it sounds like it was the straw that broke the camels back.
I don't know or care any more than that, and I'm just regurgitating what I read here in public from RD. It is RD's deal, it is his website.

Agreed, you won't get any argument from me about that..Considering it is his first website I can safely say he did good....Oh yeah, and Thanks Dave...
Ray