WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hennessey Exorcist

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
Just watched a different video of this beast. Looks like a freaking awesome time.

copterzach

Reaction score
I do a game survey at the test track. The inside is high fenced and the outside is high fenced. Some pretty nice deer on the inside of the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildWilly

Reaction score
I find it funny that they are comparing an aftermarket built and tuned car to a factory car as if its an equal. There are Hellcats already being done like this Camaro that will probably beat it.

Andy01

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, wow that’s a fast mf’r! I bet it’s fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

attitude

Reaction score
I find it funny that they are comparing an aftermarket built and tuned car to a factory car as if its an equal. There are Hellcats already being done like this Camaro that will probably beat it.
True, but the Hellcat loses to the 6th gen ZL1 stock for stock. Aftermarket it comes down to who has the most money.

Reactions: DWC

nowski

Reaction score
My son and I met John a couple of times, pretty cool guy...

spectras only

Reaction score
My friend owned the first [ yellow ] 200 MPH Viper that was plastered on the first page of every automotive mags back in the day. He only owned that for the sake of advertizing since he is a Chrysler/Viper dealership owner. The car is still here in Alberta somewhere, never seen much track time. Most Gen II Vipers were already in the 187 mph range when this car was trumpeted by the mags as the fastest american supercar,lol.
Do a backyard twin turbo install on any old GenII Viper and you're in the 200's on the Texas mile run. He's lucky that there's a horde of fanboys in Texas backing him.:D

Taboma

Reaction score
Sounds like a few boat manufacturers and dealers I won't mention :rolleyes:

I've got a 2012 45th anniversary Hennessey Camaro, nothing to radical, the 562 HP version. It's run perfect, not a single negative issue with the car or Hennessey & company. In 2014 I took it up to their (At the time) Lake Forest garage and after a bit of friendly chat, they put it on the dyno, checked everything and the boys from Texas reloaded and tweaked the tune.
They didn't charge me a dime.
The day I was there I felt like trailer trash, the interior of the garage with it's white tile floors looked like a bio-tech and the bays were filled with Vipers, Mclarens and Ferraris. Apparently not everybody read or believed all the bad press ?

I'm certainly in no position to comment on the various negative stories and press, other than to say, I've been most pleased :D

spectras only

Reaction score
Sounds like a few boat manufacturers and dealers I won't mention :rolleyes:

I've got a 2012 45th anniversary Hennessey Camaro, nothing to radical, the 562 HP version. It's run perfect, not a single negative issue with the car or Hennessey & company. In 2014 I took it up to their (At the time) Lake Forest garage and after a bit of friendly chat, they put it on the dyno, checked everything and the boys from Texas reloaded and tweaked the tune.

I've been most pleased :D
Taboma, did you ever taken your Camaro to someone else, other than HPE, for a dyno test? Do you have the test printout from HPE?

Taboma

Reaction score
Taboma, did you ever taken your Camaro to someone else, other than HPE, for a dyno test? Do you have the test printout from HPE?

As there often is, there's a long story of how I came to acquire this car. You know, we all have one or more of these kinds of deals we "Can't pass up". Cuz as we know, it's a sin to have an empty garage bay just begging to be filled, because in a moment of clarity you'd sold the previous "Princess" that rarely moved and having that much cash just parked collecting dust was silly.

It was sold new the year prior just as it sits by a local Hennessey Chevrolet dealership and was fully warranted, still is in fact.

Problem was, the original Hennessey documentation was missing, since it was unlikely the poor sap who lost the car in a divorce was going to help me, I reached out to Hennessey in Texas. They were awesome and emailed me everything. The puzzle was, why had I found a SCT Power Plus tuner in the trunk ? Hennessey claimed they didn't provide it, so now I was left to wonder if somebody had screwed with the tune. That's the mystery that led me to their garage in Lake Forest and a factory reset if you will.

Thankfully (Well at least in some respects), I've outgrown my previous obsession with "Fucking with it until it's broken" and tuning for that last tenth. :rolleyes:
It runs perfect, pulls like a beast and gives this old gray bird a grin from ear to ear like he's banging a 25 year old -- just as it sits. With the power it puts out, with the nannys when left on, provide (But barely) enough of a safety factor to keep it from going all "Mustang leaving a car show" on me :D Or I can turn them off and get a great cardio workout. My point is and I never thought I'd write this --- it's enough, It satisfies my need for speed and doesn't seem to want to kill me like my last ride :eek: :D

I don't care if it's not as fast as this car or that car, or it doesn't make somebody else's dick stiff or they think this or that --- I'm having fun with it.:D

Equally important and I think at least some of you will know what I mean. I don't have so much $$$ in it that I feel the slightest bit guilty that I've only put a couple of thousand miles on it in the 5 years I've owned it ---- it's nudging 6K on the odo and still looks brand new. I've had big money cars (Well of course relatively speaking) parked there and it drove me bat-shit-crazy with guilt just having them collect dust.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Damn....and I thought someone had found a new high end Cognac.........lol

Nice car dude, glad that you are enjoying it!!

spectras only

Reaction score
Taboma, it's all good:). You should drive your Camaro more;). I got close to 50K miles on my Viper and take it to the track too, occasionally. Lot of Viper owners keep theirs in the garage with low miles on them. Buddy of mine picked up nine Gen II Vipers from a collector while he was down at BJ, with some as low as 1200 miles, it's crazy. He bought them as long term investment.

HighRoller

Mr. All or Nothing
Reaction score
As there often is, there's a long story of how I came to acquire this car. You know, we all have one or more of these kinds of deals we "Can't pass up". Cuz as we know, it's a sin to have an empty garage bay just begging to be filled, because in a moment of clarity you'd sold the previous "Princess" that rarely moved and having that much cash just parked collecting dust was silly.

It was sold new the year prior just as it sits by a local Hennessey Chevrolet dealership and was fully warranted, still is in fact.

Problem was, the original Hennessey documentation was missing, since it was unlikely the poor sap who lost the car in a divorce was going to help me, I reached out to Hennessey in Texas. They were awesome and emailed me everything. The puzzle was, why had I found a SCT Power Plus tuner in the trunk ? Hennessey claimed they didn't provide it, so now I was left to wonder if somebody had screwed with the tune. That's the mystery that led me to their garage in Lake Forest and a factory reset if you will.

Thankfully (Well at least in some respects), I've outgrown my previous obsession with "Fucking with it until it's broken" and tuning for that last tenth. :rolleyes:
It runs perfect, pulls like a beast and gives this old gray bird a grin from ear to ear like he's banging a 25 year old -- just as it sits. With the power it puts out, with the nannys when left on, provide (But barely) enough of a safety factor to keep it from going all "Mustang leaving a car show" on me :D Or I can turn them off and get a great cardio workout. My point is and I never thought I'd write this --- it's enough, It satisfies my need for speed and doesn't seem to want to kill me like my last ride :eek: :D

I don't care if it's not as fast as this car or that car, or it doesn't make somebody else's dick stiff or they think this or that --- I'm having fun with it.:D

Equally important and I think at least some of you will know what I mean. I don't have so much $$$ in it that I feel the slightest bit guilty that I've only put a couple of thousand miles on it in the 5 years I've owned it ---- it's nudging 6K on the odo and still looks brand new. I've had big money cars (Well of course relatively speaking) parked there and it drove me bat-shit-crazy with guilt just having them collect dust.

500-600 hp is about the limit for driving something on the street and actually enjoying it. I went for a ride in 750 hp Shelby Super Snake once, and although it was awesome...it was also easy to see how you could kill yourself quickly. The acceleration was actually too violent to enjoy, and it was only 3-4 seconds before you went from 30-100 mph and had to slow down. The owner rarely drove it for exactly that reason. So don't feel bad. Sounds like you got the perfect beast!

Taboma

Reaction score
500-600 hp is about the limit for driving something on the street and actually enjoying it. I went for a ride in 750 hp Shelby Super Snake once, and although it was awesome...it was also easy to see how you could kill yourself quickly. The acceleration was actually too violent to enjoy, and it was only 3-4 seconds before you went from 30-100 mph and had to slow down. The owner rarely drove it for exactly that reason. So don't feel bad. Sounds like you got the perfect beast!

Thanks and you nailed it. My last one was such a beast, super light, tons of power and "Piss your pants" scary. I had to be in the right mood to drive it and I'd even council myself beforehand. "Just cruise it, be like those other old guys you see driving their Cobras or convertible Vettes wearing their British "Sterling Moss" caps :D

Couldn't do it, it's as if once in the seat that demonic car would vest control of my better judgement :eek: (OK, I liked it :p)
I doubt that temporary insanity plea would hold up in court, but "I swear your honor, the car made me do it" :rolleyes:
Given it might have been the closest I could come to dying with a shit eaten grin on my face --- well that or death by hooker -- regardless I sold it before it killed me. The new owner has turned it into a dedicated track car, a wise decision.