WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I’m surrounded by Ghost Camps

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We’re in Glamis and their are a lot of rigs in the best camp spots along Gecko.
The pads are all full, as is hard pack and the like. Cement flats still has some space.

99% of them have no people. Unoccupied RVs.
Ghost Camps holding space until Thanksgiving.

I have some pix but barely a cell signal so can’t upload.

We have some stealth space next to our rig if an inmate finds themselves no place to RV camp. That’s unless we wake up one morning and it’s taken by someone who was ambitious enough to figure it out.

Hey,,,,, that’s Glamis.

Attachments

• 58643C75-2B48-4EC9-A696-3264CD6BB8CF.jpeg
    58643C75-2B48-4EC9-A696-3264CD6BB8CF.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Just like the weekend boaters leaving their ez-ups and chairs in a cove.

Have fun and stay safe.

Reactions: TPC

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Been going on for sometime. I thought the BLM wasn't allowing peeps to leave their shit abandoned for over 72 hours.

Singleton

Reaction score
Been going on for sometime. I thought the BLM wasn't allowing peeps to leave their shit abandoned for over 72 hours.
I still think that is the rule. I know a few buddies that moved stuff in yesterday and will go back out Wednesday night to camp then head home Thursday am and return Friday night. Total BS if you ask me.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I still think that is the rule. I know a few buddies that moved stuff in yesterday and will go back out Wednesday night to camp then head home Thursday am and return Friday night. Total BS if you ask me.

Yeah it’s the rule and at most BLM locations they enforce it. Not Glamis.
Some of these camps are big toy makers rigs with roadies keeping watch.
The have gas station food and chips to hold them over. Alice feeds them real food and we have 10 cases of Stella and the lick her cabinet is full.

76 Southwind

Reaction score
Agree with Singleton. That is total BS. Good thing the thieves have figured this out yet..... Haven't been to Glamis in years but it use to involve taking off an extra week of vacation. Ghost Camps crazy

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I have the Sound System cranked up.
We’re at the top of Gecko rattling the windows as far away as the ranger station with Stabbing Westward.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
They just stopped by and said We can’t run our Honda 2000 after 10 pm.

DLC

Reaction score

So you can’t run a Honda whisper quiet 2000, but you can fire up a Suzuki quadzilla 500 2 stroke to go for a ride ....

Seems crazy!

Singleton

Reaction score
Doing San Onofre next week and the rules are no generator 10pm to 8am. Told my wife, we are breaking that rule. Coffee pot fires up early and outlets only work when generator is on.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Doing San Onofre next week and the rules are no generator 10pm to 8am. Told my wife, we are breaking that rule. Coffee pot fires up early and outlets only work when generator is on.

This is why we carry an old-school percalator stove top pot. ;)
71DE+qVk-BL._SY355_.jpg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I asked them "Am I disturbing the ghost camps?"
They got pissed, the conversation heated up and they walked away.

Right now it's percolator coffee and plain donuts.
Try it. Bland at first, then it really works and ya wake up wanting just that.

Old school as you pick the coffee grounds off your tongue, the Walmart 200 for 2 bucks cardboard spun cups leave chunks of paper you pick off as well. Becoming a ritual you look forward to.

No generators 10 to 6AM. 3 to 4 AM is mostly when the thieves operate so I'm up and alert. Most always it's someone camped close by doing the stealing.
Honestly, an unloaded Honda i2000 ya can barely hear but rulez is rulez.

Man o man has this place filled up for Thanksgiving. Got good campers all around us now, wealthy old bastards that share their lick her cabinet, the ghost camps still abandon. They like looking at Alice's ass and tits I think.

A paralyzed guy camped across from us has a nice LT car.
Doesn't stop the fun. Has a nice mail order Asian chick along. I have two paralyzed friends that can still lay pipe.
I gotta hand it to him setting up camp in a wheel chair. Has it pegged and better at it than anyone.

Kids once again burned through our 35 gigs of data with 10 days left 'till reset. Sent us on the road digitally murdered.
Yeah, it then goes into safe mode but forget iPhone nav or quick net replies or even surfing the net nor sending pics in that mode. You can use your phone to make calls is what it basically defaults to.

SO, for the same cost we went unlimited. That gives each phone and jet pack it's own 22 gigs (read that: each), then if any individual phone blows the limit that phone/jet pack only goes on safe mode untill reset.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
It's 5:15 AM and most the occupied RV's around us are starting their generators.
Heater fan motors run down the best of battery set ups in hours.
Ya can't set it up better than the TPC with banks of 6V and by morning the system is pretty limp dick.

Dylan

Reaction score
There's a generator rule in the desert? Every single time I go, I end up next to the guy with the loudest Generac, to play their Mariachi music all night long. I don't think they stop it once all weekend?

Groper

Reaction score
There's a generator rule in the desert? Every single time I go, I end up next to the guy with the loudest Generac, to play their Mariachi music all night long. I don't think they stop it once all weekend?
Ohh they still do mostly in the Washes and sometimes in the Loop if can get all the familias packed in.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Camp Hosts and BLM came through and were removing Caution tape, cones and ordering vehicles moved that were blocking off incredible sections of camping area.

Land Barrons, Dune Tycoons.

“30 ft rule” being enforced we’re told.
Never seen that before.
Evidently their is a social media stink about the Ghost Camps. Some Dive Bar Casanova guy stirring up shit.

Not unusual we see a frustrated family of strangers trying to find a spot and we’ll squeeze them in next to us.

When we were active in the campaign to stop and re open closures we were pushing for more camping areas.
BLMs response was it would trigger more lawsuits from the radicals.

We were in Gordon’s Well yesterday and their was still legit RV space left. Easy to get stuck there but it’s level.
That can change at any time.

Last edited:

Icky

Reaction score
I'm glad we camp in the washes

77charger

Reaction score
Glad i dont deal with neighbors i can run my genny all night may have a ranger stop by for a pass reg check.No wash dust or camp racers either.

Surprised they said shut the generator but let mariachi shit blast til 4am??