WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Is everyone on vacation or something?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I realize half of you won't even see this post due to the ignore feature but the ones that do are you on vacation or something...seems pretty slow around RDP. Maybe peeps are visiting with family or something.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I'm sick.
I must be because you aren't on ignore. :D

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing!

Grads with 3 degrees why don’t you work even as a consultant or hobby?

Medical problems?
Lazy?
Or just don’t want to?
Other?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Most active inmates may be out of reach of a decent cell signal.
When around a crowd or full camp the towers are slammed.
We get maybe 1/2 Verizon bar until people wake up and go online.
We're at a Brawley restaurant choking on D- food but the Margaritas and cell signals are good.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Most active inmates are out of reach of a cell signal.
When around a crowd or full camp the towers are slammed.
We get maybe 1/2 Verizon bar until people wake up and go online.
We're at a Brawley restaurant choking on D- food but the Margaritas and cell signals are good
In all my years I never stopped at a restaurant in Brawley, other than Jack in the Box.
Are there any good ones?

4Waters

Reaction score
It's been a little slow since the change over, some like milky can't get logged in even though RD said to email him for password reset, hope they all figure it out soon.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
In all my years I never stopped at a restaurant in Brawley, other than Jack in the Box.
Are there any good ones?

You always consider price when rating Brawley restaurants.

El Aborato is excellent. 79 e Main. Full bar if I recall + all sports.

There are a few OK ones along Main st (Brawley Rd) between the McDonald and Walmart at Wildcat St.

Nice patio bar and drinks at Las Chabelas with OK breakfasts, lunch and dinner menu better. Opens at 6AM til midnight, Bar in back is solidly open at noon and a good place for a drink in a good atmosphere.
Service can be goofy. Mexican food in Brawley has to be cheap and better than fast food or the place will fold.

Brownies is just barely a step up from Dennys with screwy service.

Natys Place we bring in Pizzas (no food or cocktails served) and it's an epic DIVE beer BAR with a great owner.
When the dunes are blown out/raining we sometimes head to town. Natys is a first stop.
o.jpg

The most expensive McDonalds is across the street from Disneyland in contrast the cheapest is probably in Brawley.
Menu full of 2'fers and then again at a reduced price.

Last edited:

buck35

Reaction score
You'd think MM would have called rd by now . He must be ready to explode, lol

GRADS

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing!

Grads with 3 degrees why don’t you work even as a consultant or hobby?

Medical problems?
Lazy?
Or just don’t want to?
Other?
I will answer that with a question....Why are you working? So you can eventually retire when you get older right? Well what if you could take a decade off while you're youthful and still in good health?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
If I could take off a decade how would I pay for things? Like mortgage food eat. I’m not trying to be a dick, but why let your wife work and you sit at home? Will she take time off and then you go back to work?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
RDP will pick up as things go on. RD is still recovering from Kw and sand show back to back.

Singleton

Reaction score
Working until 12 in the office, then working on getting ready for a 6 day getaway with the family. Have to finish prepping the camper for the trip today and tomorrow am. Leave at 2 tomorrow to set up camp

rvrrun

Reaction score
I will answer that with a question....Why are you working? So you can eventually retire when you get older right? Well what if you could take a decade off while you're youthful and still in good health?

I retired when I was 42, I've "worked" ever since. I don't need to for the money, I need to for my sanity. When one stops working and being productive, they perish physically and mentally.

GRADS

Reaction score
I retired when I was 42, I've "worked" ever since. I don't need to for the money, I need to for my sanity. When one stops working and being productive, they perish physically and mentally.
That's what hobbies are for.

4Waters

Reaction score
He has a hobby, it's pissing off the inmates and annoying RD, he's real good at it.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I cant speak for others but for myself.

I don't want to login through safari on my phone and the RDP "app" pretty much sucks. RD made it harder/more annoying to participate here (unless I'm sitting at my computer) so I don't post as much as I used to. I'm guessing that probably is what most will tell you. I spend more time browsing the 3 new posts on community harbor than I do here anymore due to the fact that its on tapatalk.

4Waters

Reaction score
He's only annoying
to those that seem unable to not bite the bait he tosses out. Have to admit, I get a good laugh from some of the angry bait taker posts:D
Me too, the bait I take are his threads about lake Tahoe, Oroville Dam Folsom etc.... those are great threads I enjoy them.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
As TPC said, this is always a historically slow week for RDP as a lot of members will plan week long family vacations etc.. My kids are off school all week long this week right now, and are currently in the house instead of School so Stacy nor I are getting much done.. LOL I'm trying to edit the videos on my phone and upload them to the side from the Sand And Water Show.

RD

GRADS

Reaction score
As TPC said, this is always a historically slow week for RDP as a lot of members will plan week long family vacations etc.. My kids are off school all week long this week right now, and are currently in the house instead of School so Stacy nor I are getting much done.. LOL I'm trying to edit the videos on my phone and upload them to the side from the Sand And Water Show.

RD
If you need some moderator help this week just let me know.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I cant speak for others but for myself.

I don't want to login through safari on my phone and the RDP "app" pretty much sucks. RD made it harder/more annoying to participate here (unless I'm sitting at my computer) so I don't post as much as I used to. I'm guessing that probably is what most will tell you. I spend more time browsing the 3 new posts on community harbor than I do here anymore due to the fact that its on tapatalk.

I'm not a huge fan of the new app either., but for navigational purposes it's the same as TT. I'm even less of a fan of tapatalk though. Like I said Tapatalk did a lot of things (without even talking to any of the forum owners about it) that were ridiculous.. They started hosting all the photos through the app instead of on the forums, and then somehow lost it all.. Then they tried video (which was way cool) but then they lost all that.. Then if you shot a message to another member they made it through their own messenger and made a tiny little button to shoot the pm's through the forum etc..

We've been online for one week, and we still have a lot of tweaking to do. We are already reaching out to the app developer to get things like push notifications and multiple uploads etc.. Have some patience.

As for participation, this week is always slow on RDP. Since the site launched though new threads and responses was up by a considerable margin last week soooo.. I'm not sure I agree with the idea that things are slowing down?

RD

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
The only thing that’s the same about this app and tapatalk is that they both are an app. the only thing this app does is navigate the site (poorly at that). I couldn’t even quote your post using the app forget even attempting to start a thread and share pics of a trip or anything like that. Not having tapatalk is a mistake in my opinion. I never had a problem sending or receiving forum PMs and never used their chat feature. The only missing photos in my threads are ones I removed or hosted through a 3rd party. I find it hard to believe that the “slow week” is the reason the site is slow.

You made the site more difficult to access and harder to use from a mobile device and therefore people will just go post somewhere else. Not everyone sits at a computer and posts all day. Look at Instagram, Facebook, even the Facebook boat pages are still busy. They didn’t make it more difficult to post and people didn’t stop posting because it’s thanksgiving.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I’m not posting because RD pissed me off. Only posting this so he knows :mad:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’m not posting because RD pissed me off. Only posting this so he knows :mad:

Because I told you to stop harassing Brian? LOL The guy has you on ignore, he's not harassing you at all to my knowledge.. I just saw like three posts in a row so I made a comment Vic. Let it go, that guy doesn't care about you, and you shouldn't care about him is all I was saying. Life's too short for the B.S.

RD

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Because I told you to stop harassing Brian? LOL The guy has you on ignore, he's not harassing you at all to my knowledge.. I just saw like three posts in a row so I made a comment Vic. Let it go, that guy doesn't care about you, and you shouldn't care about him is all I was saying. Life's too short for the B.S.

RD
Who said I care about him? This site is slow as hell and he’s like the main poster. The post said is this a call out thread? How’s that harassing anyone?he can’t even see what i post so again how’s that harassing him? If You’re going to tell me when and where i can post I’ll just find another site. This new site sux anyways

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
ziggy.jpg
Who said I care about him? This site is slow as hell and he’s like the main poster. The post said is this a call out thread? How’s that harassing anyone?he can’t even see what i post so again how’s that harassing him? If You’re going to tell me when and where i can post I’ll just find another site. This new site sux anyways
Buh-bye

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Actually Vic, that's kind of the point of moderators is to tell someone when and where, and why.. When someone is acting out of line to try to squash it before it becomes some kind of drama or out of control. This thing with you vs him etc is retarded.. Just because he doesn't see it, doesn't mean you aren't still there egging it on, the rest of us can see it hence the reason I just said please stop. (politely)

If you can't accept that I don't want you harassing a guy that literally can't even see what ya post, then I guess you do what ya gotta do. Whole thing seems ridiculous to me?

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The only thing that’s the same about this app and tapatalk is that they both are an app. the only thing this app does is navigate the site (poorly at that). I couldn’t even quote your post using the app forget even attempting to start a thread and share pics of a trip or anything like that. Not having tapatalk is a mistake in my opinion. I never had a problem sending or receiving forum PMs and never used their chat feature. The only missing photos in my threads are ones I removed or hosted through a 3rd party. I find it hard to believe that the “slow week” is the reason the site is slow.

You made the site more difficult to access and harder to use from a mobile device and therefore people will just go post somewhere else. Not everyone sits at a computer and posts all day. Look at Instagram, Facebook, even the Facebook boat pages are still busy. They didn’t make it more difficult to post and people didn’t stop posting because it’s thanksgiving.

Trying the quote feature on app.. pushed "reply" just beneath your post.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Actually Vic, that's kind of the point of moderators is to tell someone when and where, and why.. When someone is acting out of line to try to squash it before it becomes some kind of drama or out of control. This thing with you vs him etc is retarded.. Just because he doesn't see it, doesn't mean you aren't still there egging it on, the rest of us can see it hence the reason I just said please stop. (politely)

If you can't accept that I don't want you harassing a guy that literally can't even see what ya post, then I guess you do what ya gotta do. Whole thing seems ridiculous to me?

RD
Enjoy your new site. I’ll just find somewhere else to post. Delete my account

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

I was hoping the app would be more familiar than is but tapping my chrome shortcut to rdp is easy-peasy. This mobile friendly site works perfectly fine and to me is just as usable as Tapatalk . Change isn't always easy but it only takes a little effort to adapt.
If you're needing to log in everytime I can see that being annoying but that's likely just a setting in your phone.
My glass is the half full variety. :cool:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Enjoy your new site. I’ll just find somewhere else to post. Delete my account

We don't really delete accounts Vic. It screws up past threads etc..

On top of which I think when you think about this situation for what it is, you are going to come to the conclusion that none of this is necessary. You are upset because I'm asking you to not harass another member.. Believe me there's larger things in life to worry about.

RD

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
We don't really delete accounts Vic. It screws up past threads etc..

On top of which I think when you think about this situation for what it is, you are going to come to the conclusion that none of this is necessary. You are upset because I'm asking you to not harass another member.. Believe me there's larger things in life to worry about.

RD
You’re 100% right. There are much larger things for me to worry about than rdp. I’m not going to help support someone’s livihood if that’s the way they feel about me. I’ll take the stickers off my truck get rid of the shirts and be done. I’ve seen you delete accounts before but whatever it is what it is.

sirbob

Reaction score
Dave, I hate change - it sucks. I'm not a tech guy and have a hard time figuring out how to get stuff working if its changed.

We have a cardinal rule in our house - NEVER - NEVER push the button to allow an update of any kind! AND make sure "auto update" is always shut off!

All that said...

I'm OK with the changes and some things are easier.

I also have been using my phone and it seems to work great for me - The one hang up I had was the black screen when viewed on the phone. I changed that (lightbulb top right) and now we are good to go!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

So this is what I am seeing with the app.. the guys changed it so that the pics upload full size now instead of thumbnails. (We could do that in our end)

The navigation looks the same as TT to me except its blue instead of orange? (Like literally exactly the same as TT)

iOS Image - 148384493.png

I clicked on "reply" on the bottom right hand corner of your post and it turns the post blue and you can type.. that's how you quote that post. NOTE, not the reply button shown here, that's how it sends the post.. but in the bottom right hand corner of each post it says "reply" and "report." That is the button I clicked and it brought up the text box.

I believe you can click multiple posts on reply and it will multiquote but I haven't tried yet.

iOS Image - 199184472.png

iOS Image - 1877026218.png

Typing in the box.. and then if you want to upload a photo or see a larger text box you click the expand button and it enlarges the window.

iOS Image - 1497398889.png

Clicked on the image button same as TT and it brings up the camera roll.

iOS Image - 2248082636.png

Picked the photo and it uploads.

I think you must be talking about or using some different functionality of TT that I haven't because up to this point it is all the same?

I don't believe this app sends push notifications (yet) which TT did.. I am going to talk to the developer about that. As well I'd like to mass upload photos like I can on the browser of my phone.

Functionality for browsing and uploa ding singular photos seems identical to TT to me though?

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You’re 100% right. There are much larger things for me to worry about than rdp. I’m not going to help support someone’s livihood if that’s the way they feel about me. I’ll take the stickers off my truck get rid of the shirts and be done. I’ve seen you delete accounts before but whatever it is what it is.

I'm not really sure what we are talking about here. I don't feel negatively towards you at all. I just don't see the need to perpetuate a problem on here with another member, so I asked for it to stop. Nothing more nothing less. I thought I was actually fairly polite about it as well?

I do what I can and I do enjoy your posts on here quite a bit, and seeing you at various functions. From what I reading though you are basically telling me if you can't bang on ole Brian, then you aren't going to post here and to delete your account? I'm struggling with that a little, because it isn't making any sense to me.

RD

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I use the site on my phone through Chrome. Works perfectly. I don’t have to login every time. Loading pics is a breeze. Quoting is even easier. The only thing I am still trying to figure is how to input text then a picture. More text and then more pics