WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jerusalem

rrrr

Reaction score

The Arab League has denounced the US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Part of their statement says

• The US had "withdrawn itself as a sponsor and broker" of any possible Israeli-Palestinian peace process through its decision
Are you fucking kidding? The US has been trying to make a peace deal for over fifty years. It's obvious the Arabs aren't interested in a settlement.

It's really tragic they aren't going to allow us to continue wasting time and money on this BS.

530RL

Reaction score
I agree with your fundamental premise that if the conclusion is that there is no reason to work on peace in the middle east, we might as well formally declare, as Trump did, that we are on Israel's side and that there is no reason to continue to spend taxpayer money shuttling Jared Kushner and others around trying to work on a solution and trying to imply that the US is an honest broker of peace. We have taken a side and that it that.

Further, there is no reason for Trump to ever again say he is working on middle east peace and ever make his repeated statement that peace in the middle east will "be much easier than anyone thinks".

On the other hand, if he still wants the US to be an honest broker at attempting peace, Trump's own negotiating book would say you don't formally recognize Jerusalem as Israels capital unless you get something in return, like a stop in settlements or some other give up that you can use in the negotiations.

Let's hope you are right and the US position is now that peace between the Palestinians and the Israelis is not worth working on, because if not, Trump gave up on a big issue without getting anything in return.

530RL

Reaction score
“If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more ‎violence. If the Jews put ‎down their weapons ‎today, there would be no ‎more Israel'‎”

Benjamin Netanyahu.

I doubt Israel is going to return to their borders as provided in the 1949 armistice agreements so this statement is patently false. Violence would not end, there would be continued domination, expulsion of Arabs and settlement in those areas seized by armed conflict.

Not saying either side is right or wrong, just pointing out the obvious fact that neither side is behaving in a manner consistent with co-existence or peace but self preservation and expansion.

Just like in here, we just aren't close enough to shoot at each other.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Maybe you should try looking at it from a "right or wrong" perspective.
Or even from the perspective of being on an island surrounded by shark infested waters...an island that will shrink rapidly if the shoreline isn't maintained aggressively.

Personally, I don't think peace is possible because of the analogy I described.

On a side note, are you suggesting that geography is the only reason you aren't shooting us?

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
The entire Arab world wishes Israel to disappear. There will never be peace in the ME from the standpoint of Israel being accepted or even tolerated.

That being said, I really don't see Trump's making the move on this Jerusalem issue. Too many other ME issues on the table to add to the chaos.

500bbc

Reaction score
I agree with your fundamental premise that if the conclusion is that there is no reason to work on peace in the middle east, we might as well formally declare, as Trump did, that we are on Israel's side and that there is no reason to continue to spend taxpayer money shuttling Jared Kushner and others around trying to work on a solution and trying to imply that the US is an honest broker of peace. We have taken a side and that it that.

Further, there is no reason for Trump to ever again say he is working on middle east peace and ever make his repeated statement that peace in the middle east will "be much easier than anyone thinks".

On the other hand, if he still wants the US to be an honest broker at attempting peace, Trump's own negotiating book would say you don't formally recognize Jerusalem as Israels capital unless you get something in return, like a stop in settlements or some other give up that you can use in the negotiations.

Let's hope you are right and the US position is now that peace between the Palestinians and the Israelis is not worth working on, because if not, Trump gave up on a big issue without getting anything in return.

This bullshit is why you're the Oracle, pretzel boy.

Why Russia Now Recognizes West Jerusalem as the Capital
By Anna Borshchevskaya
About the Author:
My FA Anthologies
ANNA BORSHCHEVSKAYA is the Ira Weiner Fellow at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy.

On April 6, the Russian Foreign Affairs Ministry announced that Moscow formally recognized West Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. In the declaration, Russia first reaffirmed its commitment to UN principles of an eventual Israeli-Palestinian settlement and said it saw East Jerusalem as the capital of a future Palestinian state. “At the same time,” the statement read, “we must state that in this context we view West Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.” Although Israel continues to view Jerusalem in its entirety as the country’s capital, no country today maintains an embassy in the city. El Salvador and Costa Rica moved their embassies to Tel Aviv a decade ago (they were the last to do so). And despite the declaration, Russia is reportedly not yet considering moving its embassy.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Telling to me how the Russians and others talked about his situation, yet it wasn't until Trump brought it up, it became huge news and a major issue.

Trump not only has the detractors/haters, Dems, MSM, NK midget, and Hollywood on the run, he has the radical Arab world on the defensive. The Swamp boundaries are far greater than generally recognized.

500bbc

Reaction score
Telling to me how the Russians and others talked about his situation, yet it wasn't until Trump brought it up, it became huge news and a major issue.

Trump not only has the detractors/haters, Dems, MSM, NK midget, and Hollywood on the run, he has the radical Arab world on the defensive. The Swamp boundaries are far greater than generally recognized.

This is the collusion the Tards have been caterwauling about. :p