KROQ...

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Remember these stickers?

kroq.jpg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I remember listening to them in the 80's with Jed the fish.

Another classic rock station I used to listen to recently converted to Christian music.
100.3 The Sound

4Waters

Reaction score
I used to listen to them but now listen to Frosty, Heidi and Frank in the mornings. They are way better & funnier than Kevin & Bean. I couldn't stand that Alli chick and like Lisa May way better too.
X2 KLOS and the FHF show

KROQ has sucked for many many years.... Personally thought the Dj's always sucked and the new music they play is garbage.

Kearth 101 is the new kroq:D
I'll have to check out KEARTH 101

mbrown2

Reaction score
When I do listen to terrestrial radio I listen to Jack FM.... But what happened to KROQ? Did they get rid of the morning team? Change their format...I have not listened in years as I think Alterative genre as a whole has lacked and is inconsistent. If you go to a festival and listen to alt and indie bands that is not what you are hearing on KROQ...

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Just checked, nothing different in my speakers. What say you is the problem?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
KROQ has sucked for many many years.... Personally thought the Dj's always sucked and the new music they play is garbage.

Kearth 101 is the new kroq:D
You know your officially "old" when songs from your teenage years are on KEARTH lol. We'll have a patent leather corvette jacket and a red C8 that we can barely crawl into in no time!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Kevin and Bean used to be hilarious. I'd say the program started going downhill after Psycho Mike left really. Ever since then the skits are horrible and forced. Then they just pulled the plug on Lisa May out of the blue (who didn't do alot on the show) and replaced her with Ali (who talks waaaaaay to much and isn't funny at all). Ralph was the last funny guy left, but lately he has sucked also and the material is old. Hate to say it, but RIP Kevin and Bean

Tank

Reaction score
Bring back Pirate Radio [emoji106]

I remember they had that floating island in Malibu out in front of Gladstones with a huge Pirate Radio banner.

I like Jack and Kearth when not streaming. Haven't listened to KROQ in YEARS! Tried to listen to Heidi and Frank a few times...Can't stand them. I think they try way to hard. Pretty sure I still have my Rodney on the Rock punk LP in the garage. Great album.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Lisa May and Ralph Garmin were let go due to budget constraints. The internet is impacting all of the old school forms of media. The long standing question of how do you monetize the internet was just answered by Congress. So many bands and personalities got their start on KROQ. Adam Corrola, Ralph Garmin, Matt Money Smith, Jimmy Kimmel, Carson Daily, and Dr Drew Pinsky all got their start on KROQ. Rodney on the Roq used to let bands bring demos to the back door of the studio if he liked it he would play them on air. The Offspring, Sublime, No Doubt, Red Hot Chilli Peppers all got their first air play by Rodney. They have gone through a couple of big programming changes from punk to nuwave to grunge rock to alternative but it sounds like they need to go through another one as almost everything they play now is whiney crap.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I now only listen too Serious XM. 80's on 8, 1st Wave, Howard Stern, etc.. I was shocked that on 80's on 8, Nina Blackwood gave high praise too the band Chilliwack.. They remind me of Spinal Tap with better songs. Serious kicks ass!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Lisa May and Ralph Garmin were let go due to budget constraints. The internet is impacting all of the old school forms of media. The long standing question of how do you monetize the internet was just answered by Congress. So many bands and personalities got their start on KROQ. Adam Corrola, Ralph Garmin, Matt Money Smith, Jimmy Kimmel, Carson Daily, and Dr Drew Pinsky all got their start on KROQ. Rodney on the Roq used to let bands bring demos to the back door of the studio if he liked it he would play them on air. The Offspring, Sublime, No Doubt, Red Hot Chilli Peppers all got their first air play by Rodney. They have gone through a couple of big programming changes from punk to nuwave to grunge rock to alternative but it sounds like they need to go through another one as almost everything they play now is whiney crap.

Amen brother.

You left out Flo and Eddie though. Well, they didn't actually get their start their, they pretty much started the place. :)

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Rodney on the ROQ. Great tunes...

Notable former staff

WillyWonka

Reaction score
Is Rodney still on Sunday nights? He played all the new local music. Coolest program on the station in my opinion.

Andy01

Reaction score
Always like the morning show, in fact I stream it on my phone here in Havasu. Was listening Pauls last day. Was very surprised. Always like the closing of Kevin and Bean on Friday mornings............

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I knew 100.3 was doomed to failure when they let go of Mark Thompson. He was one of the only reasons I listened to that station. That dude is one funny man! With so many choices in streaming audio today it’s a hard business to stay in the black.

I didn’t know anybody still listens to KROQ, lol.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Kearth Really? LOL That used to be the geezer station for the easy listening crowd.

rvrrun

Reaction score
We used to do work and events for KROQ and the KABC/KLOS family back when Jimmy and Adam were on. I haven't listened to radio much since Mark and Brian left.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I do have to say Nicole Alverez's voice is pure sexy but definitely made for radio.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Yea dude....now that’s us. Lol 80’s and 90’s “classic music”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guilty...I require my vanpool to listen to KGB 101.5 LOL

grumpy88

Reaction score
I used to listen to them but now listen to Frosty, Heidi and Frank in the mornings. They are way better & funnier than Kevin & Bean. I couldn't stand that Alli chick and like Lisa May way better too.
I turned them off when they got rid of Lisa may . Kevin and Bean are to middle age guys trying to stay relevant to people half there age . Sad

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Bring back KNAC.......fuck the rest. Kinda like football.....how could you not have a rock/metal station for so long in the LA market?

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Bring back KNAC.......fuck the rest. Kinda like football.....how could you not have a rock/metal station for so long in the LA market?

San Diego's Rock 105.3 is pretty good for this stuff. It's not as hard as I would like but if i'm in south OC I can get it on the radio sometimes. They used to have the Charger games too before he who shall not be named moved them.