WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

KROQ...

Andy01

Reaction score
click on the link homie.....

best of the 70's-90's

http://kearth101.radio.com/

I'm not a metal head and I can't stand the new kroq i hate myself and want to cut my wrists emo shit...lol
So that just blows, I remember calling auto parts stores. Yes before Rock Auto, you did it to!! LOL and whenever you were on hold it was always, always, always Kearth, 50-60's music. It was old mechanic/gear heads that worked at the junk yards or specialty auto parts houses. Not Chief Auto or Track Auto, the machine shops and such. Where the old street racers worked and drove Elcamino's.

Andy01

Reaction score
I hope I don't look as old as the DJ's on KEARTH!!

mobldj

Reaction score
since the end of mark and brian I listen to xm and kfi.radio sucks now

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
San Diego's Rock 105.3 is pretty good for this stuff. It's not as hard as I would like but if i'm in south OC I can get it on the radio sometimes. They used to have the Charger games too before he who shall not be named moved them.

Yea....they were always a close 2nd after KNAC left. Didn't know 105.3 was still around. KCAL 96.7 in the IE used to be ok for a bit when we first moved out here in 05. They're kinda more like KLOS now.

77charger

Reaction score
San Diego's Rock 105.3 is pretty good for this stuff. It's not as hard as I would like but if i'm in south OC I can get it on the radio sometimes. They used to have the Charger games too before he who shall not be named moved them.
Rock 105.3 use to be like knac back in the old days when it was 102.1 once iheart took over i feel it has gone to crap too.Use to listen to it when i work in sd area and when we lived in laguna niguel.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
So that just blows, I remember calling auto parts stores. Yes before Rock Auto, you did it to!! LOL and whenever you were on hold it was always, always, always Kearth, 50-60's music. It was old mechanic/gear heads that worked at the junk yards or specialty auto parts houses. Not Chief Auto or Track Auto, the machine shops and such. Where the old street racers worked and drove Elcamino's.

...I go back to the beginning of underground radio in Los Angeles KPPC when it was in the basement of a church in Pasadena...Can’t remember th DJ’s???...May have been ‘67 maybe ‘68???...KMET followed shortly thereafter...

Kbach

Reaction score
Saw a guy with a KMET shirt today....had to do a double take bit definitely brought back some memories.

Also, Adam Carolla and his crew are working on a KROQ documentary which I can't wait to see.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Saw a guy with a KMET shirt today....had to do a double take bit definitely brought back some memories.

Also, Adam Carolla and his crew are working on a KROQ documentary which I can't wait to see.

...In doing a little research apparently KPPC FM morphed into KROQ but the majority of the Original KPPC DJ’s and staff had already moved over to KMET...

johnnyC

Reaction score
does anyone remember kday i think they were in santa monica in the 60's boy I am old!

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
does anyone remember kday i think they were in santa monica in the 60's boy I am old!

...Art Laboe broadcasting live on KDAY from some drive in restaurant???...in Hollywood...he took dedications...
...Scrivners Drive in on Sunset and Chauenga just popped into my head... I was in junior high school so it would’ve been sometime around 1958 ...

Last edited:

Cdog

Reaction score
Too much Hollywood kiss ass crap on kroq for me anymore. Kevin & bean use to be funny but haven’t been in 15 years or more.

I think ditching Ralph is good thing. His constant fawning over Hollywood crap was annoying.

I stream 91X in SD. Music in the morning. I like it better.

C-2

Reaction score
Richard Blade and his sidekick Michelle were the best.

I stopped listening to KROQ after all the bands started sounding like Dave Matthews, and kids called Blink182 "punk rocK.

Punk what?

Who remembers this one...

Cdog

Reaction score
Richard Blade and his sidekick Michelle were the best.

I stopped listening to KROQ after all the bands started sounding like Dave Matthews, and kids called Blink182 "punk rocK.

Punk what?

Who remembers this one...

That shit is new wave! The Vandals is punk rock.

spectras only

Reaction score
I know it's not about radio stations, just want to hear what your take on Nickleback. I don't like his voice, giving me a sore throat just listening to him but this video is a great one.
Also the ZZtop tribute is a good one. I even like his version better and I'm a ZZtop fan

badluck24/7

Reaction score
D2AB3189-07BB-4566-ABD2-A5164224AD84.png
I know it's not about radio stations, just want to hear what your take on Nickleback

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I know it's not about radio stations, just want to hear what your take on Nickleback. I don't like his voice, giving me a sore throat just listening to him but this video is a great one.
Also the ZZtop tribute is a good one. I even like his version better and I'm a ZZtop fan

I'll see e
20170908_210701.jpg
m every time they come to town. Serious rock and roll show...

Tank

Reaction score
I remember when local Nardcore band ILL Repute was being played on kROQ and I though oh shit, nardcores made it. Lol.
Of course they just played ILL Repute on an episode of stranger things so, they did kinda make it, jut took 35 years.

Live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LB247XS

Reaction score
They fired Ralph Garman last week.

I would love to see KNAC come back.
YES[emoji869][emoji869][emoji869][emoji869][emoji869]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: C-2

C-2

Reaction score

My take is...they still suck.

Bwaaaa haaaa haaaaa, sorry Joe

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Funny you should mention... and then I see this van.

IMG_0484.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk