WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LAM - my new rear shocks just arrived

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Having the Carli crew valve them for me...desert season is gonna kick ass this year.

u8ymeny3.jpg

phuggit

Reaction score
Thems sure are purrty.

Froggystyle approved communication device

JBS

Reaction score
You putting those on the Dodge

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
You get some ear plugs to go with them? They will be some noisy SOB's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This ^^^^

My king bypasses in my truck were so noisy the first time anyone rode with me they thought something was broken and falling off. It was caged into the cab though so ymmv...

BUSTI

Reaction score
This ^^^^

My king bypasses in my truck were so noisy the first time anyone rode with me they thought something was broken and falling off. It was caged into the cab though so ymmv...

I could see that.

They are some good shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pronstar

Reaction score
What do those go on?

You putting those on the Dodge

Yup, they're going on my Dodge Ram 5.9 2500.
We had them built with 3-inch bypass tubes.

I've got hydrobumps for my front suspension, was going to go with the same for the rear.
But they're pricey SOB's.

I'm actually money ahead by selling the rear Kings that I already have (with Carli's custom 5-port piston - only a handful of these in existence right now), and getting these bypasses.
The valving will have enough bottom-out resistance to rip the shock mount off before the shock fully compresses, plus I get a bit more travel. Basically, I get a much better-performing shock for less money than hydrobumps.

Once I get my front axle truss installed, I won't have to worry about bending it...combined with the bumps/bypasses that I didn't have last season, I'll be able to have some real fun with it this year :thumbup:

You get some ear plugs to go with them? They will be some noisy SOB's.

This ^^^^

I've got a full interior, so that will help a bit.
They'll be noisy...but I'm not too worried about it.
Windows up, AC on and a nice sound system will (might) drown it out :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted Account

This ^^^^

Haha my Jeep makes a ton of those... Enjoy PS!

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I was going to do the carli thing to my ford, then I watched the video where the guy with the great suspension really did well...till the plastic clips holding his expensive dash on broke and the whole dash fell into his lap:D. I'm all for watching guys launch their trucks, I just can't afford that repair bill. Sticking to mobbing the trailer toys/lol.

D

Deleted Account

I was going to do the carli thing to my ford, then I watched the video where the guy with the great suspension really did well...till the plastic clips holding his expensive dash on broke and the whole dash fell into his lap:D. I'm all for watching guys launch their trucks, I just can't afford that repair bill. Sticking to mobbing the trailer toys/lol.

You and me both! My work truck is setup nice and rides sweet, but it's a work truck, not a weekend blaster. LMAO! 9K# shouldn't jump haha.:D

pronstar

Reaction score
I want my truck set up to survive an inadvertent accidental jump/landing, but i don't quite mob my truck that hard on purpose LOL.

One thing about the Carli setups - amazing street ride, so the benefits aren't strictly for offroad.

Progressive sprigs and their custom-valved King 2.5's will absolutely transform your truck on the highway. If you go by their shop, you can take Sage's F250 for a ride to see exactly how good it can be on-road.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I think that setup is around $7K with wheels. I'm good for $3,500 with ICON leveling/35's. Not a great mobber but stock ride is accomplished, bigger meats to not get stuck when I tow my 14K toy hauler into Gecko Loop, or Superstition on a rainy weekend:thumbup::D

Carli is King, no doubt, just have other priorities...

pronstar

Reaction score
I think that setup is around $7K with wheels. I'm good for $3,500 with ICON leveling/35's. Not a great mobber but stock ride is accomplished

At least you're no worse than stock for ride quality, which says a lot, actually. Most lifted trucks ride like garbage.

pronstar

Reaction score
My truck finally got outta the body shop, had my shocks installed today. These are the first 2.5" Kings with 3" bypass tubes that they've built, so Sage Carli and Pat from his shop took me around for a tuning session.

Super-plush, stays planted after hard hits but the ride is like butter.

And I can't even hear the bypass tubes, but I was told they'll probably get a bit louder.

4usa6ame.jpg

ybarevuj.jpg

This has a little shield they put on the passenger-side rezzie to protect it
azune7e6.jpg

Last edited:

Hammer

Reaction score
Can you post Pics of the truck and other aftermarket suspension parts please .

pronstar

Reaction score
Can you post Pics of the truck and other aftermarket suspension parts please .

I'm a Carli homer...Sage takes good care of me so I rock all their stuff. My shit rides like a cream puff on-road, and is ridiculous off-road.

So the pics above and the following, in the rear:
Carli Long Travel airbags - 12+ inches of travel. Also easily removable (5 minutes) I need to start taking them when I'm hitting things extra fast so I don't pinch a bag. But for running 8/10ths or less I can leave them in.

Carli custom Deaver progressive leafs.

King 2.5-inch triple-bypasses with bypass tubes from King 3-inch shocks, for more flow. Also custom Carli valving/tuning. These are one-offs for now, but Sage wants to bring them to market.

4.56 gears front/rear.

u5apygys.jpg

Up front (pics below):
King 2.5's with Carli's proprietary 5-port piston, only 5 guys currently running this piston design but will be on the market soon.

Carli progressive coils.
Carli long arms.
Carli torsion swaybar.

yrebuvun.jpg

myduby8u.jpg

ja8a9ybu.jpg

pronstar

Reaction score
Need to install my front hyrdobumps soon...once these are in, the only things left to install are my race radio, and front-axle truss.
upemube8.jpg

I don't like bling, as you can see...I'd rather have a stock-looking truck that has cool shit that you can only see if you look real close.

ju6yzyty.jpg

ugyru8es.jpg

Integrated LED lightbar. Way brighter than the quad-100-watt halogens I had before, and looks way cleaner IMHO.

qe5ede5u.jpg

On-board air with a 100% duty cycle Viar compressor that also operates the exhaust brake.

7atumyva.jpg

Last edited:

pronstar

Reaction score
Why are they mounted upside down?

Dodge put the upper shock mounts too close to the frame and bed supports on 3rd/4th Gen Rams, so big shocks have to be mounted shaft-up.

Relocating the mounting points can be done, but these shocks are designed to mount like this so it's really just a small increase in unsprung weight. And the AAM 11.5 is an extremely heavy pig anyway, so few guys go thru the trouble.

sepypevy.jpg

apejuzeq.jpg

D

Deleted Account

I have a lot of the same parts on my MegaCab, but I'm running the Bilstein 2.65 shocks. I've got to say, the ride is pretty incredible. Carli has the shock tuning down to a science. Highway ride is 1000 percent improved, and off road it's crazy what you can do with these heavy diesel pickups. The bypass shock tuning on your truck will be the ultimate.

pronstar

Reaction score
Bob they moved their shop to Corona, really nice facility. Close to 20k square feet, about 16 people working there now.

It's really a far cry from their old facility, a nice success story with the company these days.

D

Deleted Account

I have a lot of the same parts on my MegaCab, but I'm running the Bilstein 2.65 shocks. I've got to say, the ride is pretty incredible. Carli has the shock tuning down to a science. Highway ride is 1000 percent improved, and off road it's crazy what you can do with these heavy diesel pickups. The bypass shock tuning on your truck will be the ultimate.

Sage was chasing me down the 91 a couple weeks ago, now I see why, haha. Currie moved to Corona as well. Carli really needed more space, I'm glad he's doing well. I have nothing but good things to say about all the work they did on my truck. He has excellent customer service, and that seems to keep getting harder and harder to find at other businesses.

pronstar

Reaction score
Yeah their shop is right around the corner from Currie. Did you get that leaking shock fixed?

D

Deleted Account

Yeah their shop is right around the corner from Currie. Did you get that leaking shock fixed?

Yes I did. Also found the vent line was loose on the axle so once I got that tightened up, no more worries. One of my guys races with the McMillins and does a lot of work with Fox as well, so he handled it.