WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Let's get this going

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
I've been working on a 1000 + foot space that I call our "indoor outdoor room", and I'm sticking with that description for political reasons . We had a small side yard and I covered it with 'trusses' that followed the lines of the house . The floor plan in this space changed at least 5 times before we came to this point . Cement contractor had to 'tear out his first pour', along with a number of other problems, and I was ready to 'move away' . We had a local contractor, he did some work and then said, "this is too much work for me", and he bailed out . I should be working on boats, motors, tow trucks, and pontoons, but I am spending all my waking time on this project . I'll get more photos up as I go along . IMG_9091.JPG IMG_9124.JPG IMG_9122.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9237.JPG
    IMG_9237.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_9239.JPG
    IMG_9239.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_9241.JPG
    IMG_9241.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 256

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Keep the pics coming George.. What is that thing in the center of the room? Faux Fire Place or something?

RD

AzGeo

Reaction score
You can't find a 3/8" male pipe, 45 angle, to male #6 (3/8") 45 degree flair, Brass fitting . I've got a bucket full of aluminum and stainless 37 degree, but the city wants Brass @ 45 degrees . No this is a NG fireplace, and that is why I need Brass . This baby hangs off the wall 32", my cat will love 'hiding' under there . I'll get some more pix of the 'floating bar', once I get more of the framework covered . It would be really hard to see (understand) how it all goes together in a photo .

Attachments

• IMG_9362.JPG
    IMG_9362.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_9363.JPG
    IMG_9363.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_9366.JPG
    IMG_9366.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_9364.JPG
    IMG_9364.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_9365.JPG
    IMG_9365.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 213

AzGeo

Reaction score
storage cabinets, sinks, RO water faucet, and the 'pull out' faucet, stainless steel dish washer, and drawers to hold bottles of booze . Lots of 'low voltage lighting' everywhere, along with 'welded steel framing' that keeps everything together .

Still waiting for the 'indoor gas bar-B-Q' to arrive, so I can install it . Working on gas fireplace hook up right now, and it's blower system .

I was talking with Erik about Travazzo (Sky), but I think with (aprox) 85/90 square feet of required solid surface materials for this job, I will need to look at 'regular stone counter tops', before I jump . Wish this would work out, I love the Sky Blue counter top .

spectracular

Reaction score
Looks awesome George! My house renovations have kept me very busy over the past couple of years. New A/C, new backyard, lots of custom furniture done on the CNC, three bathrooms and a kitchen...plus new A/C on the truck. It's fun and all, but damn did it interfere with working on the boat. Oh yeah...I have a three year old now too!

Anyways, it would be great to catch up with you.

Joel

AzGeo

Reaction score
This house project has been taking all my time between doctors visits, and sleep . (don't get old bud) I remember you did a lot of major work on the hull, motors, trans, and drives, years ago . The hull looks great and you will have a nice piece once it's done, you deserve it with all your efforts .

YEA, family and kids seem to happen to good people, enjoy life, boats will always be there when you have time .

Tested the "100% burn, safety gas fireplace burner" yesterday. I did not blow up the house, so all is well . This thing gets so hot that on 'low' it puts out enough heat to warm the whole house .

I'll post more pix when I can get some that look interesting .

Get that boat in the water !!! Say HI to your dad and everyone from me, after working on his ElCamino, I have always wanted to buy it .

AzGeo

Reaction score
100% combustion 'non-vented' fireplace insert the other day . I tested and operated it 'out in the open', live with gas and flame, before installing it and possibly blowing the whole neighborhood up . Had to make some 'mounting angles' to keep it from moving around when in use . It is a hot MFer, even on low .

No photos right now, but I'll post some when I get the 'blue glass beads' all over the burner base .

Trying to get some counter top color/material ideas, and then getting them done, ASAP .

Have all the LED cabinet, and LED drawer lighting in, LED accent lighting under the bar top, an LED spot light over the fireplace, and one over the place where we will be mounting a 'large pot with a plant in it' .

Cleaned and rode my bike today, tomorrow will be mounting of the commercial 1000 CFM stainless hood vent, tail pipe, and stainless decorative cover to the ceiling .

Indoor gas Bar-B-Q is supposed to arrive the first week of September, and I will then modify the counter for it . They are really proud of those things, and take their time building them . I ordered and paid for it over 3 weeks ago .

Next will be the stainless materials, to make up the 'toe kicks' under all the cabinets and bar .

AzGeo

Reaction score
Ordered this 'indoor bar-B-cue' back in July, paid up front and waited all this time . Installed it today and it is well worth the wait (and the money) .

All stainless Blue Star 'custom indoor gas grill' . comes apart to clean, that will be MY JOB, I'm sure .

Next are the vent outlet, counter tops, paint, big ass fans, and floor treatments . Then it's "fire up the blenders" !

Can't wait for this project to be done ..........

Attachments

• IMG_9395.JPG
    IMG_9395.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_9394.JPG
    IMG_9394.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 217

AzGeo

Reaction score
8" flapper finally arrived, so I installed the thru transom tail pipe and cover .

Been working on all the 'low voltage systems', trimming, testing and finishing . Got R/O water system up, added another 'holding tank' in pantry .

Had to stop work to fix one of the ice makers in the original kitchen, what a mess, but back on this as long as the parts and materials keep coming .

Next will be 'fixing or shit canning' the custom door system that is a mess . I either need to sue for my money back and order from another company, or fix these doors myself, and then sue the shit out of the company .

Seems like the more 'custom or expensive' it is, the lower it's customer service standards .

Attachments

• IMG_9473.JPG
    IMG_9473.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_9472.JPG
    IMG_9472.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_9470.JPG
    IMG_9470.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_9237.JPG
    IMG_9237.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 225

AzGeo

Reaction score
The counter top install begins and ends a day and night 'full pull' of work . The photos don't tell how heavy this stuff is . I was 'warned' but had no idea how thick and heavy a 9' X 27" piece was .

Material is sold in 9' X 5' slabs, so we ended up with a table top (3' X 42") and a small end table top (18" X 24"), so I'll need to get busy making bases for them soon .

I'm beat, just 'helping' them move this stuff around . Not my kind of job ........

Attachments

• IMG_9565.JPG
    IMG_9565.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_9571.JPG
    IMG_9571.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_9569.JPG
    IMG_9569.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_9574.JPG
    IMG_9574.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_9584.JPG
    IMG_9584.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_9576.JPG
    IMG_9576.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_9573.JPG
    IMG_9573.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_9578.JPG
    IMG_9578.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_9588.JPG
    IMG_9588.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_9585.JPG
    IMG_9585.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 211

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Looks good George. What are you doing moving that stuff around, you are an old man,:D and shouldn't you be working on a flat or something.:cool

AzGeo

Reaction score
Working on this stuff is like working on race boats . It's a never ending battle .

I'm told "This stuff is the Schiada of counter top materials", and it's price proves their point .

Yea, when I'm not back here I work a couple of hours on the Hondo . After 'truing up' the new strut on the mill, I drilled the new shaft log hole . The hole looks about six feet long, but it's not .

V-drive is 'sitting' in the hull, going to fit plates to bottom, fab up new looooong aluminum shaft log .

So happy to get these counters done, just a little more until this place is complete .......

"I got your OLD, hangin', I mean really hanging ........"

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Man those counter tops turned out bitchen!!! 👍👍

AzGeo

Reaction score
They are currently going thru the 'patina process', it will take a week of so to complete . Between the glass pieces, the substrate was white, but we wanted the dark grey . The process is almost like 'gun bluing' but it takes multiple applications and waiting time in between .

There are random specks of green, yellow, brown and white glass in it too, just makes it more interesting to me .

Two faucets, stucco around the 'opening wall', paint and then the SKYY BLUE ROOM will be ready to drink, I mean party . HA HA

AzGeo

Reaction score
plumber, and so I installed my faucet and RO water outlet .

Then I went back to 'framing around the sliding doors', so I can next mount the 'pull out screen', and then get the stucco work done .

Lake looks calm right now ........

Attachments

• IMG_9589.JPG
    IMG_9589.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_9591.JPG
    IMG_9591.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_9590.JPG
    IMG_9590.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 218

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Any pics of this finished? Looks good so far.

AzGeo

Reaction score
At 2.30 PM people from the Mohave Property Tax Board will be here looking this work over .

This was our 'patio' and while I was building a 'pantry' at one end and a 'storage room' at the other, the City Inspector shut me down . He demanded a 'permit to enclose', even though that is not what I actually wanted to do .

Both storage additions are under the "200 sq/ft rule", but the City insisted I get the BIG permit .

Their insistence that it was being 'closed in', made me decide to actually close it all in .

Over 2 years of my labor and about $35K in materials, here is our "Skyy Blue Room" .......

We need to get glass cut for the shelving, finish the LED mount across the top of the stainless shelf, finish shelves in pantry, get a 75" TV .

We are currently 'testing' area rugs, for summer and winter ........

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 227

AzGeo

Reaction score
Well, two women from the Mohave Country Tax Board came to inspect the new room addition, which was actually a patio conversion .

They were very pleasant, and had only a few questions . It is obvious this is now an 'indoor living space', and with the indoor Bar-B-Que, refer, dish washer, gas fireplace, A/C-heater, and a fully stocked wet bar, I could not deny the fact, but quickly offered them a drink .

I did learn that 'their office' considers any house of 3000 sq-ft or larger to be "a luxury structure" . So my adding this 'new space' has only compounded a previously unknown problem for us .

I do appreciate the fact that they took the time and made the effort to come over and 'take a real look' . They do agree with my original argument about a $35K project adding $100K to the home value, was out of line . However, they pointed out that my numbers did not count LABOR, since it was mostly all my work .

Overall, if you have any kind of property in Mohave County Arizona, I suggest you investigate your property tax bill, get some comps as to values, and then protest your County Tax bill IF you are paying more than others . We want to pay 'our fair share' of taxes, but not overpay due to 'errors' .

I did it here because they added $100K to the valuation of this house, on the $35K modification . I have done this kind of 'tax amount questioning', a number of times, since they have a very convoluted method for the tax value numbers .

AzGeo

Reaction score
Well, fired up the indoor gas grill and the house did not blow up .

Need to learn what kind of cook times this deal will be doing, so started out with a steak cut into 3 pieces, to do a test .

Exhaust fan/hood is 1000 CFM and it will almost suck the meat right off the grill, and keeps the boss happy by drawing all the smoke and odors out of the room .

Started mounting pictures and things on the walls, but found out the floor needs to be re-painted, the clear coat is turning yellow . I should have done it myself ...........

Since I will be the cooking here, I made sure the bar was not too far away from all the 'work' .

Attachments

• IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 233

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Came out great George..........I'll be it looks even better in person!!:thumbsup

AzGeo

Reaction score
once we get the floor repainted, TV up, seating, and all the shelves and walls covered with crap we have been saving for decades .

Out on your rounds of the city and if you are in the hood, just drop by . One of us is always here .

MSum661

Reaction score
Looks real nice Geo!
Know what your saying about the glass counter top weight. Hard to believe they can weigh so much. Gotta be twice the weight of Granite..easily.
I like what you went with...nice risky move!!

My recent new Mountain Home build I gave these Fused Glass Counter tops a try in my Kitchen and one of the Master Suite Bathrooms.
I'm tired of the look of Granite and pour in place. Needed something off the wall for a change.
They're 1-1/2" solid fused glass and needed to be cut to size and drilled by CNC water jet, 6 slabs in all.
I use LED lighting strips with remotes to backlight the glass.

They didn't look that heavy but man I'll tell ya....they're back breaking heavy.

Big Bear Fuzed Glass Order.jpg

AzGeo

Reaction score
They are so clean and 'free form' as to all the tiny details in every square inch, while looking right thru them . I didn't want to paint the bottom side of the glass, nor change the configuration of the bar .

I was fixing up a house in Northridge, and went over to the wholesale appliance place on Topanga, above Plummer .

They had a 5' X 5' island set up in a display and it had this "Skyy Vetrazzo" counter top, and I love all things BLUE .

After seeing it, I had to have it, and finally here it is .

Low voltage LED lighting is the way to go . I wired in a complete low voltage panel with 110 A/C-12 D/C and ready to hook up to battery banks and solar panels . Whole house is 50% low voltage lighting . (inside and out)

This is one of the 16' RGB strips under the bar, reflecting onto the stainless front panel .

Attachments

• IMG_9632.JPG
    IMG_9632.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 234

MSum661

Reaction score
They are so clean and 'free form' as to all the tiny details in every square inch, while looking right thru them . I didn't want to paint the bottom side of the glass, nor change the configuration of the bar .

Geo, you don't need to paint the bottom side of the glass. Its best not to so to keep the "water" or "Ice" like translucency of the glass countertop.
After some trial and error I found that using the same color base cabinet stain or paint on the top of the cabinet base surface works well. Even using a thin sheet of stainless steel on top of the base works nice.
The Glass transfers colors differently based on reflection and lighting so you have to play around with the background colors to achieve the colorization you want to achieve for the room.

I wanted a translucent Emerald Green and used a Cordovan Brown Solid stain on the lower cabinet bases with some reclaimed Barnwood for contrast.
Tried several colors including tans and whites and finally realized the same cabinet base color landed up working the best under the Glass.

So left alone on Cordovan Brown...the glass reflects Emerald Greens. Weird....eh??
To get the Blues, Reds, Amber's, Green, Whites, etc the LED strip lighting is buried in backsplashes using the RF remotes.

Big Bear Glass top 1.jpg

Big bear glass top 2.jpg