WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for a CJ -7 "builder"

AJ13

Reaction score
Aj13: That is awesome. My CJ sat in that configuration for about 3 years in the garage. It was awesome the first time I got to fire it up and drive it back down the road again... until I realized my brake job probably wasn't the best:D If you're local to SoCal/Riverside area and need a hand from time to time let me know. Always a good way to get motivated again.

Thanks. Its been a three year build so far. The part that really hurt me was I hired a painter to do all the body work and paint. He quoted me 6 weeks which was perfect because I would have 5 month the get it done before my first son was born. The body shop took 10 months to get it done which really screwed me. Because now trying to find time with a 1 year old is super hard. Sounds good I can always us a hand. I will PM you my cell number and maybe we can meet up some time. What breaks did you do. I switched the front over to disk and added the power brake booster. My goal for 2018 is to get it done and on the road by May.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Thanks. Its been a three year build so far. The part that really hurt me was I hired a painter to do all the body work and paint. He quoted me 6 weeks which was perfect because I would have 5 month the get it done before my first son was born. The body shop took 10 months to get it done which really screwed me. Because now trying to find time with a 1 year old is super hard. Sounds good I can always us a hand. I will PM you my cell number and maybe we can meet up some time. What breaks did you do. I switched the front over to disk and added the power brake booster. My goal for 2018 is to get it done and on the road by May.

Same, messed up the calipers on the front moving too fast... had them upside down lol. And just simple bleed issues after that. Pretty easy job actually if you pay attention hahaha

AJ13

Reaction score
Same, messed up the calipers on the front moving too fast... had them upside down lol. And just simple bleed issues after that. Pretty easy job actually if you pay attention hahaha
Not to bad of a mess up. The part that is driving my nuts right now is hanging the doors. I cant get them to seat right. So I am going to take it to a different body shop and have them set them up for me.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Here is the one I was refering to.

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/foru...04-v8-turbo-400-rare-quadra-track-4x4.147449/

Seriously, If I didn't think my wife would cut me off completely I would have bought this thing a long time ago.

Thanks for thought. I have been mind Fxing for the last two years to either keeping it and letting it sit in storage until I am ready to restore or selling it and quit mind Fxing over it.... If I find the time within the next new year I want to do a full restore, great foundation and all I need is a carb rebuild, cork trans pan gasket and a battery and I can drive around with ease and go off roading but I would like to go through the entire jeep if I kept it, such a cool rare jeep. Still on the fence though. Time is the issue, nothing else stopping me...

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Thanks for thought. I have been mind Fxing for the last two years to either keeping it and letting it sit in storage until I am ready to restore or selling it and quit mind Fxing over it.... If I find the time within the next new year I want to do a full restore, great foundation and all I need is a carb rebuild, cork trans pan gasket and a battery and I can drive around with ease and go off roading but I would like to go through the entire jeep if I kept it, such a cool rare jeep. Still on the fence though. Time is the issue, nothing else stopping me...

Lol... Yeah, I've been trying to figure out which of my toys to sell so I can buy yours. hahaha.