WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looks like all the old magic boxes just dumped

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The captain streamsmart ones are still working from what I heard.. but my old tiger stream boxes stopped working.. and my renegade ones did some massive update and it sure looks cool.. but it doesn't work for shit.

Anyone else having issues? I'm gonna have to buy all new stream smart boxes it looks like.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The best thing since sliced bread. [emoji3]

Shit man I have been using these things for like five years now, with no cable bill.. lol

I just ran another update and my renegades are working again, but a lot of the stream links are dead (more than usual). But it is working.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Waffles to the white courtesy phone [emoji12]

No shit right? Lol

That being said he has been saying that they would be paper weights for a long damn time.. and they kept working. I could make a prediction that the I phone 7 I'm on right now will be a paper weight in the future as well and be right. Lol. Anything to do with computers eventually gets outdated.

So for my own personal update.. I just watched walking dead and it worked no problems.

I texted Dave and he said that the older boxes will get some kind of update here shortly and will be fine again. After Jan 1st though they are going to stop supporting them and it would need newer hardware.

Texted Mike (captain stream smart) he says all of his boxes are supported and should be working fine currently but said people with old boxes running android 4 should be prepared to upgrade soon. He's gonna update rdp sometime today.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Even if they're bricked, they paid for themselves many times over compared to a $150/month cable or DirectTV bill, not to mention PPV [emoji106]

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
That explains why I couldn't watch anything this weekend on my $65 on amazon box that no one can give me an answer as to what makes the $300 boxes better or different.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That explains why I couldn't watch anything this weekend on my $65 on amazon box that no one can give me an answer as to what makes the $300 boxes better or different.

It's like a ducking broken record in here.. lol

It was the ppv fights!! That was the difference. From what I understand all the new ones will still have all the ppv fights as well. They are 235-245.00 btw.. not 300

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
It's like a ducking broken record in here.. lol

It was the ppv fights!! That was the difference. From what I understand all the new ones will still have all the ppv fights as well. They are 235-245.00 btw.. not 300

I watched ppv fights on mine.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I watched ppv fights on mine.

The builds that are put on the firesticks etc.. offered streams that were pretty sketchy compared to the premium boxes.. etc. the more expensive ones used dragon streams which was a paid app (built into the price of the box)..

The last few fights I watched on wolf which isn't a paid for app and it worked well. Now they are selling something called real debrid which is a paid service that basically allows access to higher quality streams etc for normal shows as I understand it. Thst is available for custom builds and the magic boxes. I haven't tried it yet but plan too.

I'm just going to order three or four more of whatever the newest boxes are from Mike (captain streamsmart). If I get another couple years out of them Like I did all of these, I'm a happy camper.

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
When you all got straemsmart boxes they sent me a Digistraem box. Updated it and now it's bricked. Go to Kodi it flashes a cool screen then goes blank. Fucking tease!!!! I fire it up every couple of days hoping for a new update to save me, but no new updates. Looks like I'll be ordering a new box.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Update your fire stick/fire TV.

Settings -> device -> about -> check for system updates.

You should be running minimum lollipop 5.0 if not marshmallow 6.0

Go to Kodi and update that if you aren't on v17. You should be set after that

I'm still running titanium on one of the first firesticks

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

Thanks. [emoji106]

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
No shit right? Lol

That being said he has been saying that they would be paper weights for a long damn time.. and they kept working. I could make a prediction that the I phone 7 I'm on right now will be a paper weight in the future as well and be right. Lol. Anything to do with computers eventually gets outdated.

I texted Dave and he said that the older boxes will get some kind of update here shortly and will be fine again. After Jan 1st though they are going to stop supporting them and it would need newer hardware.

Texted Mike (captain stream smart) he says all of his boxes are supported and should be working fine currently but said people with old boxes running android 4 should be prepared to upgrade soon. He's gonna update rdp sometime today.

If you go back and look at replies where I shit in your threads, that was my biggest gripe. I said it at the beginning of this year that they would brick by the end of this year and well.....

You could've bought a dozen Nvidia shields @ $200 a pop and you still would've been ahead of the game because Nvidia is someone that's been in the game for about a decade now. You'll always get reliable (not facebook) support and updates from them for ever.

But hey hardware doesn't matter lol. Push button it works....until it doesn't......

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
If you go back and look at replies where I shit in your threads, that was my biggest gripe. I said it at the beginning of this year that they would brick by the end of this year and well.....

You could've bought a dozen Nvidia shields @ $200 a pop and you still would've been ahead of the game because Nvidia is someone that's been in the game for about a decade now. You'll always get reliable (not facebook) support and updates from them for ever.

But hey hardware doesn't matter lol. Push button it works....until it doesn't......

Nvidia sells a comparable box?

At any rate we're sitting on a few Fire Sticks that stopped working some time ago, too lazy to update them LOL

Tank

Reaction score
My Netmaster's are working like a CHAMP!:thumbsup

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Nvidia sells a comparable box?

At any rate we're sitting on a few Fire Sticks that stopped working some time ago, too lazy to update them LOL
Nvidia has a media player thats bounds and leaps better than anything being offered and is fully supported.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/

If anything, I'd recommend getting a mini desktop like the Acer Revo One and run that.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
The builds that are put on the firesticks etc.. offered streams that were pretty sketchy compared to the premium boxes.. etc. the more expensive ones used dragon streams which was a paid app (built into the price of the box)..

The last few fights I watched on wolf which isn't a paid for app and it worked well. Now they are selling something called real debrid which is a paid service that basically allows access to higher quality streams etc for normal shows as I understand it. Thst is available for custom builds and the magic boxes. I haven't tried it yet but plan too.

I'm just going to order three or four more of whatever the newest boxes are from Mike (captain streamsmart). If I get another couple years out of them Like I did all of these, I'm a happy camper.

So the paid apps that are rolled in to the price are what makes the difference?

Heylam

Reaction score
Guess I?m lucky and got a good build on my firestick. Just turned it on, and it auto updated. Seems to work fine.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
That's how they market it but the reality is you can get those paid subscriptions (real debrid) on any device.....even a $30 firestick

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I talked to Dave and he's going to release an update that will work for all the old ones.. but he isn't going to support the old boxes after Jan 1st. Which means they will be good for another... year? More?

My Netmaster's are working like a CHAMP!:thumbsup

I'm wondering g which version of android those are on.. because if they are on 4 it's going to happen here soon.

That's what it was..

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I talked to Dave and he's going to release an update that will work for all the old ones.. but he isn't going to support the old boxes after Jan 1st. Which means they will be good for another... year? More?

Highly doubt those forks will last a couple of more months let alone a year but what do I know lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Highly doubt those forks will last a couple of more months let alone a year but what do I know lol

Just telling ya what I was told.. he didn't give a timeline but rather said they are releasing an update shortly which will upgrade everything quite a bit and make it even easier to use. After Jan 1st they won't update android 4 anymore. I figured it outta work for that long? Back in the old days before they auto updated you didn't have to do it that often and it worked fine.

redone76

Reaction score
Nvidia has a media player thats bounds and leaps better than anything being offered and is fully supported.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/

If anything, I'd recommend getting a mini desktop like the Acer Revo One and run that.

So I want to ask you a question. The NVidia system seems pretty sweet but I'm no tech expert. I currently have an Arcstream.net firebox that runs Kodi. The family is pretty used to Kodi now. If I bought this NVidia system is it as simple as just downloading the Kodi app and I'm up and watching movies and tv like I used to on the firebox?

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
So I want to ask you a question. The NVidia system seems pretty sweet but I'm no tech expert. I currently have an Arcstream.net firebox that runs Kodi. The family is pretty used to Kodi now. If I bought this NVidia system is it as simple as just downloading the Kodi app and I'm up and watching movies and tv like I used to on the firebox?
Yes and no.
Let's not forget that Kodi is just a media player. You'll still have to download a build to get it to work. But you don't have to be a techy or coding engineer to get it to run. It's pretty simple and it's something I suggest everyone learns.

Here's a video of the developer I follow giving a step by step on how to do it on the shield. It's pretty drawn out but the process, without all the added commentary, takes all of 5 min max to do.

[video=youtube_https;caeW9Fnuyns]https://youtu.be/caeW9Fnuyns[/video]

Here's the cliff notes with pictures

http://whyingo.org/how-to-install-titanium-build-kodi-17-1-krypton/

redone76

Reaction score
Yes and no.
Let's not forget that Kodi is just a media player. You'll still have to download a build to get it to work. But you don't have to be a techy or coding engineer to get it to run. It's pretty simple and it's something I suggest everyone learns.

Here's a video of the developer I follow giving a step by step on how to do it on the shield. It's pretty drawn out but the process, without all the added commentary, takes all of 5 min max to do.

[video=youtube_https;caeW9Fnuyns]https://youtu.be/caeW9Fnuyns[/video]

Here's the cliff notes with pictures

http://whyingo.org/how-to-install-titanium-build-kodi-17-1-krypton/

That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you sir. I'll be looking to get the NVidia system soon

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
I haven't been able to get my old S3 box to update from Kodi. I was wondering if it is anything more than a paperweight at this point.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score

I got a firestick with Titanium. What do you use to watch sports?

USMC2010

Reaction score
Kodi with Titanium are running normal on my laptop and older firestick and our 2 streamsmart boxes are working too, just checked over lunch.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Mine at home is a fucking nightmare. I can not get the damn thing to work without constant pauses. I have a 50m max via Hughes Net and have to have it hooked via ethernet as the damn box won't do wifi with the hughesnet. I have tried everything I could think of. So I also have a shitty connection I use for Netflix not thru the box. It does buffer at times but nothing like the box with the better connection.

Anybody know WTF is happening? When I test the connection I am well over 20m of DL so......

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Then my son has a lot of problems with his. he is just using his Xbox at this time with a hot spot and gets all sorts of stuff.

the one in my office here works a lot better and I have told him to bring his box in here to test it.

Frustrating as hell......Who wants to spend an hour trying to get shit to come up on your TV....Not fucking me....lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Then my son has a lot of problems with his. he is just using his Xbox at this time with a hot spot and gets all sorts of stuff.

the one in my office here works a lot better and I have told him to bring his box in here to test it.

Frustrating as hell......Who wants to spend an hour trying to get shit to come up on your TV....Not fucking me....lol

That doesn't sound right?

wet hull

Reaction score
I haven't been able to get my old S3 box to update from Kodi. I was wondering if it is anything more than a paperweight at this point.

My S3 still works perfect, it updates daily

spark2678

Reaction score
I use Rveal. It’s Kodi based. It is all setup out of the box and works great. LiveTV portion just updated with a new stream called Clearstreams which has a TV guide and works awesome! I have 3 boxes at my house. Just internet is all I need. I get everything I ever wanted. All sports, movies, TV series and live tv.

spark2678

Reaction score
Boxes are WiFi or hardwired. Need 25mbs or more to not glitch. Again, I’m pretty happy with it and only paying 70/mo (100mbs internet) instead of $225. Boxes were $250ea but payed for itself in around 6mo. We keep Netflix for $9.99/mo in the kids rooms, that’s all they have ever used.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I got a firestick with Titanium. What do you use to watch sports?
Honestly, it's been a pain in the ass with all the repos dropping after the tvaddons debacle. My go to was pro sports and Phoenix but those are long gone unfortunately. Bob unleashed has been reliable thusfar. I was thinking of getting the real debrid add-on but I don't watch enough tv to justify it, and I can still get "pro sport" streams through Reddit if needed be.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Honestly, it's been a pain in the ass with all the repos dropping after the tvaddons debacle. My go to was pro sports and Phoenix but those are long gone unfortunately. Bob unleashed has been reliable thusfar. I was thinking of getting the real debrid add-on but I don't watch enough tv to justify it, and I can still get "pro sport" streams through Reddit if needed be.
After thetvaddons thing it got better for a while but streaming at all on any format has been rougher than normal for several weeks now.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
My RG6 Renegade box has been updated twice in the last 2 weeks. Dave said there was another update last night (on the FB support page), but I've yet to do it. They keep fixing all the stuff that's getting broke on the other end, which is a nice benefit of buying the more expensive box up front. It's been working fine through all of this.

I guess they just did an update for the RG4 boxes too, and started offering discounts for trade in of RG4 boxes towards the new RGx Ultimate box.

Cdog

Reaction score
Which box are you guy’s buying and is there a guy here that sells them? I’ve been a reseller for Dragon Box for the last couple of months and am pretty happy with it. Curious? I don’t want to step on anyones shoes here.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Which box are you guy’s buying and is there a guy here that sells them? I’ve been a reseller for Dragon Box for the last couple of months and am pretty happy with it. Curious? I don’t want to step on anyones shoes here.

www.captainstreamsmart.com With the rdp code they are priced competitively at 235.00

rvrrun

Reaction score
Kodi on the Mac mini has been fine, but Kodi on the firestick has been down for a couple weeks and needed an uninstall and update. All is well now.

Cdog

Reaction score
www.captainstreamsmart.com With the rdp code they are priced competitively at 235.00

Is captainstreamsmart a guy here? Or is anyone here affiliated with this? How do you like the support and updates for this box? Does it offer an app where you can subscribe to a basic cable service?

Is it okay for me to offer a group buy and beat that price by $35 a box?

Last edited:

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Is captainstreamsmart a guy here? Or is anyone here affiliated with this? How do you like the support and updates for this box? Does it offer an app where you can subscribe to a basic cable service?

Is it okay for me to offer a group buy and beat that price by $35 a box?

What's Dave's cut per box sold? As Dave's manager, I need to see if it's cost effective for us to black ball all our other suppliers and market yours as the end all be all box. Trust me, we can make a killing hustling all this Tupperware to all these fools.....I mean magic boxes

Lol

Cdog

Reaction score
What's Dave's cut per box sold? As Dave's manager, I need to see if it's cost effective for us to black ball all our other suppliers and market yours as the end all be all box. Trust me, we can make a killing hustling all this Tupperware to all these fools.....I mean magic boxes

Lol

Haha! I’m waiting for some kind of response. Lol!!

At that price I’m pretty much hooking everyone up. I’m thinking group buy 30 minimum boxes.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Lol

I think I get like 25 bucks when someone orders one. Usually I just tell them to keep it and get a magic box for free every now and again that I will give to a friend or relative.

Haha! I’m waiting for some kind of response. Lol!!

At that price I’m pretty much hooking everyone up. I’m thinking group buy 30 minimum boxes.

I'm aware of all the pricing across the stream smart boxes and break downs of qty's and no buddy. Lol. At a qty 30 box buy you aren't hooking anyone up for 35 bucks off.. lol. I think if you buy like five at a time it drops I think that much? 10 it drops more and then 25 if memory serves..

Last edited:

Cdog

Reaction score
I think I get like 25 bucks when someone orders one. Usually I just tell them to keep it and get a magic box for free every now and again that I will give to a friend or relative.

I'm aware of all the pricing across the stream smart boxes and break downs of qty's and no buddy. Lol. At a qty 30 box buy you aren't hooking anyone up for 35 bucks off.. lol. I think if you buy like five at a time it drops I think that much? 10 it drops more and then 25 if memory serves..

Well that’s bulk pricing, I suppose it depends on what agreement you have with the supplier. that’s less than a $40 profit for me. Maybe I have a shitty suppier.

And my Dragon box’s work. I watched F1 qual in Brazil this morning in English. That alone is worth the money for me. Haha!

Do the other boxes have apps to get NFL Sunday ticket? I don’t know much about what the competition has to offer in comparison.

Last edited: