WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looks like Kaepernick is branching out?

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
That dude is truly the Tool of 2017! What's next for this Millionaire Psycho? Will he now become a voice for the Japanese Imprisoned during WWII? Possibly a spokesperson for the LBGT community? So many possibilities for this poor underprivileged soul? Geezes - Just Go Away KaperDick!!! Your Done.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Everyone has learned something from Kaepernick. Those who agree with him, those like me who abhor him and what he was allowed to do, and the NFL owners who likely have learned a lot (especially that their goose laying golden eggs could someday die).

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Everyone has learned something from Kaepernick. Those who agree with him, those like me who abhor him and what he was allowed to do, and the NFL owners who likely have learned a lot (especially that their goose laying golden eggs could someday die).
The idiots protesting in the NFL don't understand the Golden Egg concept. They think the NFL will always be there. They are mistaken. Look at boxing. Boxing used to be one of the biggest sports in America. Almost everyone knew who the Heavy Weight Champion was. Now, almost nobody follows boxing. It is still out there, but most people don't follow it or watch it, unless it is a specialty match like McGregor & Mayweather.

Powered by ForumApps

Last edited:

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
The idiots posting in the NFL don't understand the Golden Egg concept. They think the NFL will always be there. They are mistaken. Look at boxing. Boxing used to be one of the biggest sports in America. Almost everyone knew who the Heavy Weight Champion was. Now, almost nobody follows boxing. It is still out there, but most people don't follow it or watch it, unless it is a specialty match like McGregor & Mayweather.

Powered by ForumApps
I disagree. Boxing was corrupt and people bought into mma. The NFL isn’t getting replaced by anything. The only thing that’s hurt them is the fact that people aren’t paying for cable as they figure out how to use internet based tv. That’s really nothing to do with the NFL, it’s just a by product of today’s technology. Trump and Fox News are doing their typical spin and fake news to tell you a different story because the NFL has shunned Trump since the early 80’s.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I disagree. Boxing was corrupt and people bought into mma. The NFL isn’t getting replaced by anything. The only thing that’s hurt them is the fact that people aren’t paying for cable as they figure out how to use internet based tv. That’s really nothing to do with the NFL, it’s just a by product of today’s technology. Trump and Fox News are doing their typical spin and fake news to tell you a different story because the NFL has shunned Trump since the early 80’s.

As an advertiser, I can tell you this is half true.

Our paying clients want nothing more than for the anthem coverage to go away. They aren't really keen on alienating half-ish of their audience.

DWC

Reaction score
What’s the over/ under on the GF staying around if he loses his case against the NFL? Stupid ass went all in and got his nuts cut off. The only thing that’ll save him is that NFL execs don’t believe they have to play by the same rules as other large companies.
The ratings issue will work itself out. The NFL can claim alternate viewing and say there’s 70,000 at a game when there’s on 30,000. At the end of the day sponsors want a payback.

nowski

Reaction score
During my daughters senior year in high school (Chino Hills High School class of 2017) she did one of her current events on Colin in her history class. When my daughter was done reading her current event to the class she gave her thoughts and said he's an idiot. You'll never guess what classmate spoke out and defended this fellow idiot???

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
The great social conscience warrior say'z;

"Since my awakening of social conscience, and my total mistreatment by the NFL, I have chosen a new life path " .

"It's widely known as the "dumb and dumber", path to zero" .

"I no longer need to 'grab them by the pussy', since it is I who is being grabbed by the pussy" ............

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
During my daughters senior year in high school (Chino Hills High School class of 2017) she did one of her current events on Colin in her history class. When my daughter was done reading her current event to the class she gave her thoughts and said he's an idiot. You'll never guess what classmate spoke out and defended this fellow idiot???
ok...so I guess we will never know. LOL

Powered by ForumApps

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I agree with you on the corruption in boxing. if you go back to the 80's nobody would have ever dreamed that a "Karate" match would replace boxing. Yet marshal arts morphed into MMA. Then they changed the format and put light gloves on to make it more palatable for the general public, and BOOM...Boxing was dead.

Powered by ForumApps

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
The ratings issue will work itself out. The NFL can claim alternate viewing and say there’s 70,000 at a game when there’s on 30,000. At the end of the day sponsors want a payback.

Paid attendance goes to the team. Ratings are based on TV viewership, and we know exactly how many people are watching.

The only viewership that can't be exactly tracked are people with OTA antennas (but we have a good idea because back in the day this was everybody, and we got good at estimating it), and boxes not hooked up to the internet. These days, that's just not a lot of people.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Kapperdick isn't the only thing hurting the NFL, he just makes it easier to have an excuse not to watch. I know a few friends that don't watch anymore due to the fact it has pussiefied quite a bit. Have a few friends that don't watch due to the kneeling crap. The penalties are going overboard, can't hit there, can't hit him, etc... . It's making the games longer and more boring. I personally don't watch nearly as much as I used to, alot has to do with the kneeling B.S.. Haven't watched a whole game this year. When I do watch it's the Cardinals, and well their season hasn't been that great. I think the NFL has found away to shoot themselves in the foot, and will take awhile to get the fans back. It wasn't overnight after the strike to get them back.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Kapernick has hurt them without a doubt, but the 800 lb. gorilla in the closet is brain injuries.
This gorilla is going to be released into the room soon.
The rules are going to have to change, and if you think the game is pussified now, you're going to be really disappointed in the future. I don't think they have a choice other than clamping down waaayy harder on hits to the head.

Hockey is years ahead of the NFL in dealing with this, and the game is as good now as it ever was.
In the NHL, you can't contact an opponents head (with an elbow, shoulder, helmet or stick) during play , and if you do, you're going to be suspended without pay.

I don't think the NFL has any choice but to do the same and it will be interesting to see what the fans do.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Kapernick has hurt them without a doubt, but the 800 lb. gorilla in the closet is brain injuries.
The rules are going to have to change, and if you think the game is pussified now, you're going to be really disappointed in the future. I don't think they have a choice other than clamping down waaayy harder on hits to the head.

Hockey is years ahead of the NFL in dealing with this, and the game is as good now as it ever was.
In the NHL, you can't contact an opponents head (with an elbow, shoulder, helmet or stick) during play , and if you do, you're going to be suspended without pay.

I don't think the NFL has any choice but to do the same and it will be interesting to see what the fans do.

They can’t afford to lose guys like Aaron Rogers to injury. Not sure how to protect them. But your paying these guys 100 million dollar contracts and your season is over when they get hurt. Not sure what the answer is.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score

OD1, this is the other reason I think the NFL is in trouble. I just didn't want to type It all out on my phone.

I know many parents that have pulled their kids out of football. If their kids are very Athletic, they are having them play a different sport.

Between fewer kids playing, and the potential for lawsuits against high schools...i personally think high school football is in trouble (or will be). If HS football goes, What is the feeder for the NFL, and how does it change the viewership if most people aren't playing the sport when they are young?