Reaction score
Bam!

Pitiful Tards...

HuffPo Laments That One Year in, ‘Trump Is Winning’

thumbs-up-trump-640x480.jpg

AP/Susan Walsh
by Thomas D. Williams, Ph.D.12 Dec 201710,236

12 Dec, 2017 12 Dec, 2017
In the midst of much hand-wringing and anguished sighs, the Huffington Post has announced to its readers that after his first year in office “Trump Is Winning.”
“This is one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to write and admit,” begins Earl Ofari Hutchinson in his essay, “Trump is winning.”

Hutchinson, an author and co-host of the Al Sharpton Show, observes that according to numerous indicators the Trump presidency is a success, beginning with his delivery of a long list of campaign promises.

Among Mr. Trump’s many victories, Hutchinson enumerates Mick Mulvaney’s appointment to head the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Neil Gorsuch’s contribution to the Supreme Court, Scott Pruitt’s work at the EPA, Trump’s support of fossil fuels to make America energy independent, the RNC backing of judge Roy Moore in Alabama, the fizzling out of Russiagate, the passage of the tax reform bill, and the record-level stock market.

Yet all of these wins are small potatoes compared to Trump’s three top victories, Hutchinson claims.

First, the President has successfully taken charge of the Republican Party. “He is the point man for GOP policy and issues and, in a perverse way, the spur to get action on them,” Hutchinson notes.

Second, Mr. Trump has managed to energize his base and keep their loyalty. The “overwhelming majority” of Republican voters continues to back him, Hutchinson admits. “This is the voter loyalty that buys a lot of support from the GOP establishment even as they flail him or shake their head in disgust at his antics,” he writes.

Third, Trump has successfully harnessed the mainstream media for his own purposes. “He remains a ratings cash cow for the networks and makes stunning copy for the print media,” Hutchinson complains. “He knew that from day one of his presidential bid and he knows it even more now. He will continue to suck the media air out of everything that the Democrats do and try to do.”

Tank

Reaction score
Respect to that dude. Whether it's coming from a "fuck this guy for winning...But I'm impressed" standpoint, a "I'm in total awe" standpoint, or an actual respect for getting the job done "face value" position. I'm positive this guy doesn't support the objectives Trumps admin has but still has the professionalism to point out the truth of the matter to his (left) readers. Not an article to throw in anyone's face, actually a lesson in how reporting and politics in general should be conducted.

Unfortunately it's articles like this (whether it's a republican pointing something out that could be viewed as damning for republicans or vise versa) that the other side will use as an exclamation point to further their argument. I don't like that part of politics in this day and age. It's very disappointing. It causes both sides to be extremely gun shy of just reporting the facts with out a slant or agenda for fear the other side will use it against them. I'll stand by for the fox network to cover this article non stop for the next week, or more. :rolleyes: :cool:

Tank

Reaction score
Well, should'a figured it was too good to be true. Little digging and this particular piece (copied above) is from Breitbart who kinda cannibalized the original article which does say yes, Trump is winning, but of course the author is far from ok with it and the article is a complete back handed compliment that goes on to complain more about that Trump is basically just helping the rich blah blah blah same ol talk.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sadly-trump-is-winning_us_5a2b1110e4b022ec613b823f