WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Manx build questions...

Willow Rat

Reaction score
Love the Manx. I have had mine for 10 years and nothing but great times with it. Great project. Something about taking on a trail in a Volkswagen that works for me. Looking forward to your build pics.

13.jpg
8.jpg

Meaney77

Reaction score
Nice, looking forward to build pix and progress!

Who is fabing up you cage?

Emac

Reaction score
Any updates? looking at doing something similar.

RaceTec

Reaction score
Still collecting parts, cage work has been started...

RaceTec

Reaction score
I am leaning towards a Weddle 5 speed, the HV25 can handle the power I expect to make and keep it streetable...

RaceTec

Reaction score
Doing small things while I gather parts now... Wanted to keep the old school look with the new technology... Thanks to some buckets and my buddy at GG Lighting, I got that covered. I will probably remove the front ring and machine a receiver groove in them before I am done... Also have all of my hanging pedals and my throttle and stuff along with my steering rack.
hl.jpg

RaceTec

Reaction score
So on the recommendation of a friend of mine I gave the project to a "professional" fabricator. This guy advertises and actually has a shop. What a MISTAKE that was!!! As you can tell it has been over a year. The guy is a ways away and my buddy was acting as the go between for me. I picked the buggy up in January and all I can say is holy crap!!! I now will have to pay to have someone else fix what he f-ed up! Here are some highlights... Suspension geometry wrong, engine and transaxle in wrong position, engine cage wrong (can't even work on the engine), wiring wrong or not even done, wiring just through holes and against moving parts, wrong bolts if they are even there, plugged radiator, leaking radiator lines,and the hits just keep coming... If you guys know any decent people that can help me any suggestions are appreciated. I would even drag it to AZ...
20200322_123548_resized.jpg Bolt Too Long and Too Short, Brakes NEVER CONNECTED.jpg Pinched Wiring.jpg Wrong or Loose Bolt.jpg 20200321_132940.jpg 20200321_132726.jpg Body to Chassis Wiring Nightmare.jpg 20191109_144832.jpg 20191109_141615.jpg 20191109_141114.jpg

RaceTec

Reaction score
I can fix all of the wiring and stuff no biggie, it is just time... As far as the major hacks and geometry issues, I would like to find someone with more knowledge than me. I know the basics but I don't want to have to pay for a third time. I will probably just start at the front for now, nut and bolting it and correcting the hardware and wiring. Everyone that I have spoke with and showed it to is just amazed and confused, this was a clean sheet build from the pan. The front suspension was attached to the pan with new floors and a new body that is now hacked to crap too...
Front Pan.jpg Tunnel.jpg

RaceTec

Reaction score
The guy even installed the light bars on the wrong end of the car and then didn't fix or even grind off the wrong mounts... Here you can see the huge holes and the front light bar on the back of the cage... 574454348_01.jpg 574535330.jpg

DLC

Reaction score
Man what a bummer!

that guy must of had some really good weed to fuck up that bad!

Backlash

Reaction score
Give Jake's in Anaheim a call. From what I've seen online, they do amazing work. I haven't had anything done by them on a personal level, but their fabrication skills win races and they seem to build a heckuva car.

RaceTec

Reaction score
Give Jake's in Anaheim a call. From what I've seen online, they do amazing work. I haven't had anything done by them on a personal level, but their fabrication skills win races and they seem to build a heckuva car.
Thanks Backlash, he was one of the first guys I called and he gave me a ton of good input but is too busy to take on my pile right now... Honestly he may not want to clean up this disaster... Thanks for the suggestion though... I was thinking about hitting the guy up that did @RiverDave build on his Ranger and I think the same guy did his Can Am?

Backlash

Reaction score
I figured as much but it was worth a shot. Maybe work out the issues that you can address, while waiting for a spot to open up in his shop. With the summer approaching, and with the way events are being cancelled and postponed, you might be able to slide in. At least get in on a waiting list.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Thanks Backlash, he was one of the first guys I called and he gave me a ton of good input but is too busy to take on my pile right now... Honestly he may not want to clean up this disaster... Thanks for the suggestion though... I was thinking about hitting the guy up that did @RiverDave build on his Ranger and I think the same guy did his Can Am?

I would wait for Jake to get to it. They do great work and have totally redone a lot of jacked up cars. See if you can get Matt who works there to do it on the side.

RaceTec

Reaction score
I would wait for Jake to get to it. They do great work and have totally redone a lot of jacked up cars. See if you can get Matt who works there to do it on the side.
Thanks Racer, does anyone know how to get a hold of Matt? I don't really want to call Jake and ask about his guy doing side work for me...