WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Maybe Dum Question on a new KTM 250

hulihan

Reaction score
I got the new KTM 250 4 stroke and it says after one hour of riding, drain oil and clean screens, and after 10 hrs take for full service, anyone out there know if it is really necessary to drain the oil and clean the screens after one hour, the manual says do it, but will break it in and after 8 days of riding will bring back and get its first service, any advise, it is easy to do but seems like I should of read the other toy manuals all the way through before firing those toys up :)

DRIVE BYE

Reaction score
I got the new KTM 250 4 stroke and it says after one hour of riding, drain oil and clean screens, and after 10 hrs take for full service, anyone out there know if it is really necessary to drain the oil and clean the screens after one hour, the manual says do it, but will break it in and after 8 days of riding will bring back and get its first service, any advise, it is easy to do but seems like I should of read the other toy manuals all the way through before firing those toys up :)

Yes, run it an hour or so and get it thru all of the gears. clean both screens and put in a new filter. You should notice some metal in both screens. now you are ready for that 10hr break in period.:thumbsup

hulihan

Reaction score
Thanks !
I went to the KTM place today, and was prepaired to buy the oil, filter etc, they told me ride the 10 hours and bring in to get it all serviced, I will easly put 10 hours on it on vacation in 13 days, so not sure what to do, takes 1/2 hour to change oild and clean screens and filter, so may pick one up next week and just do it.

Last edited: