WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Media matters

Tinkerer

Reaction score
Media matters is pushing a boycott of Sean Hannity's advertisers.
What I don't understand is why can't Sean SUE the hell out of them.
If I did something under my business name that directly caused another business to lose major business I would expect to be sued. I am not talking competition but blatant slander or lies I would think would get me in trouble.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Wouldn’t this be akin to Trump suggesting people Boycott the NFL?

Tinkerer

Reaction score
ALSO - TRUMP is not a business he is the President ya know " Government "

530RL

Reaction score
Media matters is pushing a boycott of Sean Hannity's advertisers.
What I don't understand is why can't Sean SUE the hell out of them.
If I did something under my business name that directly caused another business to lose major business I would expect to be sued. I am not talking competition but blatant slander or lies I would think would get me in trouble.

To the extent someone is engaging in blatant slander or defamation Hannity could certainly sue them.

To the extent someone is saying "I don't like Hannity's views on Roy Moore" and as such I think people should boycott the products of companies that support Hannity, that is perfectly legal and protected free speech.

Just as equally now, fans of Hannity are asking people that support Hannity to stop buying the products of the companies that dropped ads on Hannity.

Both are exercising their first amendment rights.

The long term message being if you are a company, be careful where you run your ads.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
To the extent someone is engaging in blatant slander or defamation Hannity could certainly sue them.

To the extent someone is saying "I don't like Hannity's views on Roy Moore" and as such I think people should boycott the products of companies that support Hannity, that is perfectly legal and protected free speech.

Just as equally now, fans of Hannity are asking people that support Hannity to stop buying the products of the companies that dropped ads on Hannity.

Both are exercising their first amendment rights.

The long term message being if you are a company, be careful where you run your ads.

And where you shoplift ................