WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Metal garage curiosity

Maestro

Reaction score
I'm poundeering the idea of a metal garage build in socal riverside area. Lot is a 1/2 acre flat lot. Would like to do something around 30'x 60'. Please share your pictures and experience. Pros and cons etc. Also share which company and style preferred. Thanks.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
My wife is a fan, I am not. I prefer the structure to look like a barn, or the house. The metal building, at least to me, is neither.

I'd say your bigger hurdle is the city or county. Have you checked if it is even legal?

lenmann

Reaction score
I looked at metal vs. stick built and went with stick because I wanted the structure to match the house. Depending on the interior finish level and mechanical systems the costs were about the same, at least in my area.

This Garage Journal forum has a tremendous amount of info on the subject. You can literally spend a couple of days reading threads comparing and contrasting garage/shop build approaches.

garagejournal.com

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I looked at metal vs. stick built and went with stick because I wanted the structure to match the house. Depending on the interior finish level and mechanical systems the costs were about the same, at least in my area.

This Garage Journal forum has a tremendous amount of info on the subject. You can literally spend a couple of days reading threads comparing and contrasting garage/shop build approaches.

garagejournal.com

Yes, I looked into it as well, it looked as if the metal building was cheaper, but insignificantly, in my opinion.