WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Moab EJS 2015

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Great time at the Easter Jeep Safari despite long lines in the runs. The Friday raffle was off the charts with almost $250K of give aways including 10 sets (of 5) tires, a supercharger kit, four complete axle assemblies and on and on and on.

The weather was perfect, started in the low 80's on Sat then later in the week into the 60's for highs. Food was wonderful and the Utah ABC laws are funny :grumble:

Here are a couple of pics of our rig on Hells Revenge and Poison Spyder Mesa...

IMG_3468.jpg

IMG_6500.jpg

Already planning for the 50th anniversary gathering next year!

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
It's hard to wheel anywhere else after making that trip. It really is the Mecca of off-roading in jeeps.

My dad just got back and said the weather was perfect. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428601842.760503.jpg

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Yup, the weather was the best in years according to locals...

What run was that pic from?

Next year is the 50th anniversary and we are planning to go. Need more difficult runs though

Hugh Jascaulk

Reaction score
Got a trip planned for the end of May. Any tips for a moab rookie? Do you guys tow up the jeeps. I was going to flat tow mine behind the motor home, but now I'm thinking I better trailer it, just incase i eff it up.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Got a trip planned for the end of May. Any tips for a moab rookie? Do you guys tow up the jeeps. I was going to flat tow mine behind the motor home, but now I'm thinking I better trailer it, just incase i eff it up.

If you run trails 7 and under and have a good spotter you will be fine. Honestly anything under say a 6 will be boring in the jk you are building.

Towing on a trailer is never a bad idea if you plan to wheel it hard. Easier on the jeep as well. Trailers are cheap trash a $2500 hauler.

How goes the build?

Hugh Jascaulk

Reaction score
How goes the build?

Everything is finally in and powder coated. Dropping the jeep off on Monday. Can't wait to get it done and do some wheeling.

Has anyone done the whitewater rafting around Moab? Friends want to book a day trip while we're up there.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
What are the time of years to go, best places to stay, etc - trying to do some research online and the ejs looks to be too crowded for me.