WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Moab trip - late April?

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
I was talking to some folks on the Wrangler forum about heading to Moab for a week of Jeeping just after the Jeep Easter Shebang - so late April. Anyone here wanna go?

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
I was talking to some folks on the Wrangler forum about heading to Moab for a week of Jeeping just after the Jeep Easter Shebang - so late April. Anyone here wanna go?
I'd be interested in going but not sure if my rig would make it??:headscratch:

06 Rubicon Unlimited with 32" tires and 2" lift.....pretty much stock other than that!!

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

06 Rubicon Unlimited with 32" tires and 2" lift.....pretty much stock other than that!!

Just got back today from Moab. Rented a Rubicon, 2" lift on 33's I believe. Fins & Things and Hells Revenge no problem. Used the lockers on a few obsticles but for the most part rolled around in 2wd. 4low on the long crawls obviously. I DID NOT do the hot tub, escalator, or tip over challenge for obvious reasons;):skull.

That was my first time there. Wouln't say I'm a novice wheeler but definately not a hard core wheeler. Point being, with your set up, you'll have a blast and there is a hell of a lot you'll be able to do with your Jeep out there.

D

Deleted Account

You can race LHC30, haha!

I'd be in. Moab is a blast!

D

Deleted Account

Just got back today from Moab. Rented a Rubicon, 2" lift on 33's I believe. Fins & Things and Hells Revenge no problem. Used the lockers on a few obsticles but for the most part rolled around in 2wd. 4low on the long crawls obviously. I DID NOT do the hot tub, escalator, or tip over challenge for obvious reasons;):skull.

That was my first time there. Wouln't say I'm a novice wheeler but definately not a hard core wheeler. Point being, with your set up, you'll have a blast and there is a hell of a lot you'll be able to do with your Jeep out there.

How was the weather? I've been there when it snowed! Brrr!

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I think were going to try and do a couple days for ejs. Already called in and booked the rooms

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
How was the weather? I've been there when it snowed! Brrr!

70's during the day light wind. Ran the AC for a bit. Couldn't take the hard top off the rental so with solid windows on the back it was getting a little hot.

Worst part of the day was getting stuck behind a group of Range/Land Rovers. They must have been on a training run rolling around everywhere at a crawl. Nice set ups for sure. There was some guy out there in a Dodge Crew Cab Long Bed Diesel Power Wagon crawling all over Hell's Revenge.:yikes I'm pretty sure my F250 could crawl along the main trail but no way would I want the twist in the frame that has to come from all that.

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
I'd be interested too. Not sure if we would bring the rzr or my parents tj but definitely interested.

Chris

Sent from my iPad

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
OK - Preliminary Date Range:

Leave SO Cal Friday, May 9th
Plan to stay in Moab the following week hittin' trails etc
Starting Wed May 14 to Sat 17 is Discount Tire's "Rally On The Rocks" event we could join in.
Depart Sat 17 eve or early Sun AM for So Cal...

This trip is on Wrangler forum at this link: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/moab-trip-341249.html

Look for updates there.

I think limiting the group to <30 would be the best....

D

Deleted Account

My trailer is getting the ARB tent installed as we speak, I'm down for a great camping, Jeeping, road trip! Now I've got to figure where my BBQ slides into the deal once I get it back... Surf and turf, baby!

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
I'm going to start the research on this trip and will plan for the dates above. If y'all wanna go, let's start a list... Preferences for a single campsite/hotel with day/overnight runs is my favorite idea re lodging...

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I'm going to start the research on this trip and will plan for the dates above. If y'all wanna go, let's start a list... Preferences for a single campsite/hotel with day/overnight runs is my favorite idea re lodging...

Unless the trails are packed... You can get Fins & Things and Hells Revenge both done in one day. Both of those trials have obsticles on them (Hells Revenge more-so) that you can spend some extra time playing around on. We did Fins & Things first just cruising along with plenty of stops to check out the scenary and it took us a little over 2 hours. Hells Revenge between 3-4 due to a little traffic, stoping at the scenic over looks, hot tub, etc....

We also did Onion Creek which is basically a moderate to easy run up a canyon for about 7 miles each way. It opens up into a huge valley at the top which is a perfect spot for some lunch. I think it says there are around 27 stream crossings most of which were washed out when we went. My crew cab F250 handled the majority of it in 2wd. Had to use 4wd on a couple of the washed out entry's & exits but pretty mush just a nice cruise.

Gemini Bridges is another pretty cool spot that can be driven to in a just about any type of vehicle. There are two ways of getting there. One of them is paved most of the way and then a very well maintained dirt road, the other has a bit of mild offroading to it. The mild offroading trail in is another way to get to "Metal Masher" (we didn't take the rental on that lololol). Nice little break from the bouncing and slow crawling all day if you need it. Took us about 45 minutes to get there on the mild trail entry from the center of Moab. There is a trail that runs you up the canyon to the base of the Gemini Bridges that i will definatly be checking out next time.

That's it for my knowledge of the actual trails. Only had a day and half to play out there.

We might go around valentines day or possible right after the Jeep Safari. I won't know until later.

On Edit: Forgot one. Potato Salad Hill is a short drive just outside of town literally behind the land fill. Any type of vehicle can get there, paved and dirt road, and there is all kinds of parking to hang out and watch the carnage. Good times.

Last edited: