WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need to find that Chevelle now...

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I actually don't like the Camaros. Believe it or not. I would far prefer a Chevelle.

I think I found a hard top that I want. It has been a rough morning on my ADD and OCD two-fer.

Focus Froggy.

Froggystyle

Reaction score
Focus Froggy.

That's the problem. Until I have a Chevelle I won't be able to focus on anything. :D

Going to Goodguys tomorrow. Probably fly to New York on Saturday to check this car out.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
True be told I was kinda looking for a build off by Wes for the Chevelle. But that does not look to be the case.

Good luck in your search. :thumbup:

I actually don't like the Camaros. Believe it or not. I would far prefer a Chevelle.

I think I found a hard top that I want. It has been a rough morning on my ADD and OCD two-fer.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I hate you Wes. I've been wanting a '64/'65 Chevelle since I was in High School. I'll get one someday but it's not happening anytime soon. I've actually contemplated selling my truck to get one but then I'd break my daughters heart for selling her truck. She loves that thing.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Well that's where we differ then. Personal tastes... I think it looks 2x better. I think the 65 Chevelle is among the coolest convertibles ever made, and I think the car really lends itself to that look.

Computer took a shit, just got back up.:rolleyes

I can appreciate your choice, I'm just more into slammed customs.

Good luck in your search..:thumbup:

Just read everything, red one is nice..:thumbup:

Last edited:

GET SOME

Reaction score
You don't seem to be kicking yourself in the ass...

Why yes yes I do. I am never going to auto cross it or drag race it. I'm 2 miles from the beach. I still kick myself in the ass

Froggystyle

Reaction score
Why yes yes I do. I am never going to auto cross it or drag race it. I'm 2 miles from the beach. I still kick myself in the ass

Hmmm... bad news for my sleep... I just offered the red guy essentially full price minus shipping.

Way I see it... I can't afford the convertible I want, and I feel like I dodged a bullet on the roach that I would have cut you for this time last night. I am into the hard top idea right now, and want to buy a clean basket case and build a vert from the ground up with LS and T56... but need a car in the meantime in my budget.

Bottom line, it is easier for me to own a show-winning hard top right this second than a ho-hum vert. I am strongly considering the hard top for this reason alone. Seems like it is 50-100% more expensive to get a vert, and I'm not sure I want to spend $35k on an old car right now.

Gonna get the river place dialed in with the extra money, and maybe sell the moho and buy a bigger trailer.

And... nothin' wrong with this whip... I can rock this...

Attachments

• My_1965_Chevelle_Malibu_SS_0012.jpg
    My_1965_Chevelle_Malibu_SS_0012.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

spectras only

Reaction score
Wes , I wish you luck that red one will work out to be as nice in person as in the picture. Friend did a tota resto of a 65 in sea foam green in darker shade and looked bitchen in person. Hard tops look more muscle than verts.:thumbup:

GET SOME

Reaction score
Hmmm... bad news for my sleep... I just offered the red guy essentially full price minus shipping.

Way I see it... I can't afford the convertible I want, and I feel like I dodged a bullet on the roach that I would have cut you for this time last night. I am into the hard top idea right now, and want to buy a clean basket case and build a vert from the ground up with LS and T56... but need a car in the meantime in my budget.

Bottom line, it is easier for me to own a show-winning hard top right this second than a ho-hum vert. I am strongly considering the hard top for this reason alone. Seems like it is 50-100% more expensive to get a vert, and I'm not sure I want to spend $35k on an old car right now.

Gonna get the river place dialed in with the extra money, and maybe sell the moho and buy a bigger trailer.

I was in the same exact boat.. Red one is super clean. I went the same route you did frame off clean inside and out. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365128398.518618.jpg
This is what I started with.

Froggystyle

Reaction score
The flip side is, that orange one is VERY clean, but older resto. Got more pics and those are actually really nice custom seats, upholstered to match. Interior is flawless. Missing a console though.

It is local, I'm sure I can beat him up a bit more and have money for big brakes and wheels. I am also $7k ahead toward LS motor.

And, I like orange.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
That things pimp. :thumbup: You should rock that bitch

Its better to go with quality than compromise

Thats why chevelle search is going no where, can't affird the good stuff

Froggystyle

Reaction score
That things pimp. :thumbup: You should rock that bitch

Its better to go with quality than compromise

Thats why chevelle search is going no where, can't affird the good stuff

Exactly Dave... But it isn't a "can't afford" problem for me... Right now it's a "not worth" problem.

I don't want a bucket, and if it isn't a bucket, it's $35k and up, with the one I really want with an LS3 reserve set at Mecum for $55k. I have zero interest in spending that for an old Chevy. I don't mind getting that far into one... But there won't be one thing I would change if I build it. Even the nicest ones don't have "my" rims on them.

I am thinking that the extra $7k will get me some cool rims, big brakes and dial the stereo. Add the sale of the roller 468 in the garage that came out of the Spectra and the 350/350 engine combo in the car now, and I can start work on the LS/T56 conversion.

I like the fawn interior, I don't like the red interior. Paint on the orange car is 10 years old and clean, which means they didn't paint over rust.

Froggystyle

Reaction score
Lastly, I'm driving it this weekend... Not after it gets shipped.

Froggystyle

Reaction score
You guys need to understand that there are no superlatives low enough to describe my inherent level of patience.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
You guys need to understand that there are no superlatives low enough to describe my inherent level of patience.

A small diversion.......did you look into the Menkins spare for 'High-Order'? Or would that thought make your head implode?

Froggystyle

Reaction score
A small diversion.......did you look into the Menkins spare for 'High-Order'? Or would that thought make your head implode?

I can think of nothing that doesn't start with Chev and end with Elle...

Must get old car... must get...

GET SOME

Reaction score
My vote is for the frame off. There is no way you could do a frame off and paint the car for 7k. Red interior can be changed down the road. You can paint over rust ..

Froggystyle

Reaction score
My vote is for the frame off. There is no way you could do a frame off and paint the car for 7k. Red interior can be changed down the road. You can paint over rust ..

Paint on the red is 8 years old, orange is 10. No rust visible means... no rust. ;)

I wouldn't do a frame off... Not the car I'm looking for. I just think I would rather have wheels and brakes, plus $4k in the bank.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Paint on the red is 8 years old, orange is 10. No rust visible means... no rust. ;)

I wouldn't do a frame off... Not the car I'm looking for. I just think I would rather have wheels and brakes, plus $4k in the bank.

Go buy the orange one already...lol

You know your already sold and building it in your head:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Hey Wes. Just saying. :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365135592.119009.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tap That Ass

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
If you infuse kick panels or a sub box I know a guy with a blue 64 that would like to buy parts from you..lol:cool::D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Froggystyle

Reaction score
Cross your fingers folks... I found a 'vert in my price range, clean and red!

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Cross your fingers folks... I found a 'vert in my price range, clean and red!

Give me the number and I will physiologically brow beat the guy so bad about the car he will be knocking down your door to take your money:D

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Hold out for the convertible. You won't regret it.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I like the Orange one.

If you find something within a 100 miles of me and need someone to do a recon on it let me know, I am game.
And while I know patience ain't yer gig, if it don't work out Barrett/Jackson is adding to the car show in Reno @ Hot August nights... I will be up there all weekend and can haul you around to look at cars, cars, cars. Fly in to Reno-Tahoe and I will pick you up.
Or drive whatever you buy up for the party and we will get together. :D

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
If you don't have a deal on a car by the weekend there is a Goodguys car show this Friday-Sunday. I'm sure there will be a few for sale that you would like.

Goodguys Meguiar's 13th Del Mar Nationals
April 5 - 7, 2013
Del Mar Fairgrounds
2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd., Del Mar, CA 92014

https://www.good-guys.com/dmn

Hammer

Reaction score
Pulled my old mans out today. Here's a pic...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365282178.406932.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365282201.257229.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365282224.073387.jpg

Sent while taking a nape on the ground....