WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New 2010 Cheyenne Tunnel Jet Hulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Hi Flying Lavey,

Well some of us are not just jet nuts lol " PGF " Pro Gas Flat lol Some of us just love boats & all boats. Outboards? Yes Some work is needed due to the rounded keel & rocker pad ect. Here is one of our hulls that we cut the transom off Yes Thats correct lol Cut the transom OFF then changed it to 11 degree to put the surface drive on with counter rotating props. Yep this cool a** boat runs 105mph with a small block ford with a single carb & it runs it for 3 miles at a time. So if ya need a cool outboard hull let me know we'll build it & people will be speechless :drnkfr

Holly shit!! Well, I got to imagine, one of your hulls with a 300+ hp. 15" shaft 2.5L drag motor would probably be able to run AT LEAST right at triple digits. Keep up the good work!

RYNO22

Reaction score
So if i was to order one next month when should we think it would be out of the mold? is there already a pretty long waiting list? cause once mine sells then im taking a road trip!!!:D

PGF457

Reaction score
So if i was to order one next month when should we think it would be out of the mold? is there already a pretty long waiting list? cause once mine sells then im taking a road trip!!!:D

Hi RYNO22,

It's a 10 day turn around from the day we start on your order. How far out we'll be in a month is hard to say. Right the first opening is 3 weeks out. Hope this helps. Give me a call 1-951-681-0949 Thanks, Ron

sturat

Reaction score
PGF
I think the wheels are done spinning and have it pretty much nailed down :champagne:

Just Electric

freway offramp panhandler
Reaction score

why wait put a deposit and pull the running gear outta yours and bang your done:D in other words pull the trigger. just kidden but it would look nice if you got a red and multi colored one to match that bad ass truck of yours

wildstreak

Reaction score
how much for the hull in the picture with a low pro intake, rail kit with
motor plates for bbc on a new trailer. What does it weigh?

RYNO22

Reaction score
haha thats right man thats exactly what i was thinking! bright red with the tan interior same as the truck:D even the trailer will have black wheels haha:thumbsup
why wait put a deposit and pull the running gear outta yours and bang your done:D in other words pull the trigger. just kidden but it would look nice if you got a red and multi colored one to match that bad ass truck of yours

PGF457

Reaction score
how much for the hull in the picture with a low pro intake, rail kit with
motor plates for bbc on a new trailer. What does it weigh?

Hi Wildstreak,

If you take a new trailer & that hull I'll do $10,900.00 with prestec on the floors. Need to know if you want polished Rail kit, intake & bbc motor plates
or raw aluminum or powder coated? be for that can be priced out. Feel free to call me 1-951-681-0949 many thanks, Ron

78Southwind

Reaction score
PGF457,
When do you think you will have a 21' hull available? Also, what mold are you using for the 21' and will there be a deck version?

PGF457

Reaction score
PGF457,
When do you think you will have a 21' hull available? Also, what mold are you using for the 21' and will there be a deck version?

Hi 78Southwind,

Working on the 21 tunnel mold. Changing a few things not sure what we will call it. I'll tell ya now it's gonna be a fast bottom. Time frame about a month untill I'll take the first order. Will do a display boat first & unvail it first. Then the plan is to make a deck boat top, very simalar to Tommy's old 21 fun deck. The " Mirage " Time to do some :smackbum: it's a new boating industry now. We are going to keep it simple. You will beable to get a high quality, inexpensive 19' Tunnel or you will bable to get a high quality, inexpensive 21' Tunnel. That is what we are going to build and we are going to do it well. Will keep you updated as often as we can. Thank you for asking..

Gelcoater

Reaction score
so i have a question,and im not trying to stir the pot,but how are people going to register a 2010 jet boat,with all the new CARB/EPA rules?is there a carb approved jet engine from Indmar or?

PGF457

Reaction score
so i have a question,and im not trying to stir the pot,but how are people going to register a 2010 jet boat,with all the new CARB/EPA rules?is there a carb approved jet engine from Indmar or?

Hi, That is easy call me & I'll tell ya. Can't post that one lol other hull builder's haven't found out how to do it, so it's a added plus to our customer's that buy. Your not stuck with a EPA motor. 1-951-681-0949 thanks, Ron :eek:uttahere:

Last edited:

PGF457

Reaction score
LOL No.. It's right in the first part of the new law that took affect for july 1 2008

For Immediate Release
Friday, November 09, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

California Passes Emissions-Based Registration Law for Recreational Boats
Law Ties New Boat Registration with Engine Emissions Compliance

Chicago, IL

California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger (R) approved a new law on October 13 that, when implemented on July 1, 2008, will require the purchaser or retail seller of a new boat equipped with up to a 500 horsepower (hp), gasoline powered sterndrive or inboard engine to meet the state’s engine emissions requirements. Under the legislation, A.B. 695, purchasers or sellers of recreational boats that meet these requirements must provide the California Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) documentation that the engine meets the appropriate emission requirements. Engines greater than 500 hp will be required to comply starting January 1, 2009.

“The NMMA worked closely with the Southern California Marine Association (SCMA) to lobby for passage of this new law,” said Thom Dammrich, president of the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA). “This demonstrates a commitment by businesses and boaters to promote clean emission technology that will offer substantial air quality benefits to boaters and the public at large.”

The new law is designed to prevent Californians from purchasing a recreational boat outside the state with a non-compliant engine to circumvent the new emissions requirement and is similar to its vehicle registration requirements.

“For example, if you purchased and registered a boat with a 600 hp (greater than 500 hp) engine in August 2008, you would have no additional registration requirement,” said John McKnight, director of environmental and safety compliance for NMMA. “The requirement for engines greater than 500 hp does not kick in until January 1, 2009. If you purchased a new vessel with a 260 hp engine (less than 500 hp), you would have to comply with the new registration requirements anytime after July 1, 2008.”

The law has specific requirements for submitting initial applications to the California DMV. The DMV form will be revised to include instructions for the boat dealer and purchaser to check off certain boxes to self-certify that the engine is in compliance with California emission requirements.

“The retail seller and/or purchaser will be required to submit the engine emission hang tag with the application. These hang tags are required by California law to be on new engines at the time of sale,” McKnight added.

The law excludes vessels originally purchased in another state by a resident of that state who moves to California and can provide satisfactory evidence of previously having an out of state residence. The penalties for non-compliance under the new law are the same as the penalties for operating an unregistered vessel, which are set at a $250 fine.

Outlaw

Polishing MOFO
Reaction score
So are you saying just pay the $250 fine???
or are you selling them from AZ?

bigpickle

Reaction score
Ron, It was great talking to you the other day! You really took the time to explain the details on the build up of your new tunnels. I am really looking forward to seeing the new 21!! Please email me pics as soon as you get them!! By the way this is Jake from up in Washington!! Thanks,

PGF457

Reaction score
So are you saying just pay the $250 fine???
or are you selling them from AZ?

Hi Outlaw,

No fines & no need to reg AZ. If you buy a hull from us we will fill out your EPA paper work for you, as your new hull is not equipped with a motor. You have the right to run your motor as long as the block is a pre-july 1 2008. & if it is more then a 600hp motor it easy as long as that block is pre- july 1 2009. Hope that helps. Any one can call if they need help with a new reg even if it's not on our hull. 1-951-681-0949

It's very clear in the law below, turn key boats from manufacutres have to come with epa rated motor's & hang tags. But you can buy a hull & use your running gear out for you current boat..

" California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger (R) approved a new law on October 13 that, when implemented on July 1, 2008, will require the purchaser or retail seller of a new boat equipped with up to a 500 horsepower (hp), gasoline powered "

Last edited:

Outlaw

Polishing MOFO
Reaction score
Cool, looking forward to seeing your 21 Deck

PGF457

Reaction score
Thank you to all that have been keeping a eye on this post. Sorry it's been a crazy 2 weeks. I now have a AZ dealer, A TX dealer, A centeral CA dealer. Hopefully a CO dealer coming soon as well as a VA dealer.

Here is a sneak peak of a new dealers display hull. If you thought my display boat was good looking, just wait untill this one pops out.

Working on the 21 tunnel & 21 fun deck molds coming soon. Also now working on a T Deck Runner Bottom mold for all the V-Drive fans..

We now manufacture all our own fiberglass seats & scoops in house..
We have worked super saving deals on almost everything you need to make a turn key boat at prices that are almost to good to be true.

Please check in again soon, will post pics of this hull after we pop it out. Will keep you up-dated as best as we can. For questions feel free to call. 1-951-681-0949 Many Thanks

Attachments

• parts pictures 952.jpg
    parts pictures 952.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 778

jesco

Reaction score
Very cool, please keep us updated. Do you have a price point set for the 21 Fun Deck yet? I know its early in the game, just wondering if you have something in your head your trying to achieve. Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.....:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

72Hondo

Reaction score
Good Stuff Here! Excellent job.

Quick question, Will it be a PITA to get one of these new hulls insured?

Last edited:

PGF457

Reaction score
Good Stuff Here! Excellent job.

Quick question, Will it be a PITA to get one of these new hulls insured?

Hi,
Should be no PITA at all. We DO NOT put Tunnel Dragster on the MSO under model. Should be as easy as putting it on any other jet powered pleasure boat ;)

PGF457

Reaction score
Very cool, please keep us updated. Do you have a price point set for the 21 Fun Deck yet? I know its early in the game, just wondering if you have something in your head your trying to achieve. Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.....:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Hi,

Yeah shooting for $12,495.00 with out trailer & $14,995.00 with a trailer 1 to 3 colors mild graphics. We'll see Might be tough. But heck the more I sell the harder I can lean for a little savings here & there. If you know anyone looking I taking a list.. Easyer to get a first price set if they know more work is coming not just one.. Feel free to pass out my number. Many Thanks, 1-951-681-0949

RACER J

Reaction score
Looks Great!! Looking forward to some new build threads.

jesco

Reaction score
Hi,

Yeah shooting for $12,495.00 with out trailer & $14,995.00 with a trailer 1 to 3 colors mild graphics. We'll see Might be tough. But heck the more I sell the harder I can lean for a little savings here & there. If you know anyone looking I taking a list.. Easyer to get a first price set if they know more work is coming not just one.. Feel free to pass out my number. Many Thanks, 1-951-681-0949

WOW, thats sounds like some very aggressive pricing. Might have to start kicking this around to the wife. I am very interested, and will definitely pass the word. Do you have a time frame on the first hull being popped yet??? i know you said still working on the mold, is this a new mold or re-tool of an existing? I think it is very cool seeing you guys jump into this market, kudos to you and your team, and the BEST OF LUCK!!!! Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:D

PGF457

Reaction score
WOW, thats sounds like some very aggressive pricing. Might have to start kicking this around to the wife. I am very interested, and will definitely pass the word. Do you have a time frame on the first hull being popped yet??? i know you said still working on the mold, is this a new mold or re-tool of an existing? I think it is very cool seeing you guys jump into this market, kudos to you and your team, and the BEST OF LUCK!!!! Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:D

Well it's kinda both new & old. This 21 tunnel will be the most wanted hull for a 21' tunnel ever made. I'm hoping to finish it within the next 30 days & have one out @ a week after that. I'll do the same kinda thing with it as I did with the 19 Cheyenne build the first 6 & let them go at cost & then set a below market price from there on out. So if your thinking about one give me a call & I'll put you on the list 1-951-681-0949 Thanks,

sturat

Reaction score
Looking awesome Ron, keep on keeping :drnkfr

PGF457

Reaction score
Looking awesome Ron, keep on keeping :drnkfr

Thanks Sturat,

Almost ready for yours???? LOL I know you are. Shoot me some pics of graphics & colors. Have your parnter send me the target weight he wants. I know you guys will Rock TX water ways soon. I'll be delivering both personally I'll put both hulls with there trailers on my 42' goose neck & fire up the C6500 & make a B line for TX :champagne:

Chili

NCJB.com
Reaction score
Thank you to all that have been keeping a eye on this post. Sorry it's been a crazy 2 weeks. I now have a AZ dealer, A TX dealer, A centeral CA dealer. Hopefully a CO dealer coming soon as well as a VA dealer.

Here is a sneak peak of a new dealers display hull. If you thought my display boat was good looking, just wait untill this one pops out.

Working on the 21 tunnel & 21 fun deck molds coming soon. Also now working on a T Deck Runner Bottom mold for all the V-Drive fans..

We now manufacture all our own fiberglass seats & scoops in house..
We have worked super saving deals on almost everything you need to make a turn key boat at prices that are almost to good to be true.

Please check in again soon, will post pics of this hull after we pop it out. Will keep you up-dated as best as we can. For questions feel free to call. 1-951-681-0949 Many Thanks
That display hull looks real nice.!!

Any ETA on when we will have more info & something to look at for the T-Deck.?
I searched the v-drive section for 2010 T-Deck (but nothing came up :cool:)

PGF457

Reaction score
That display hull looks real nice.!!

Any ETA on when we will have more info & something to look at for the T-Deck.?
I searched the v-drive section for 2010 T-Deck (but nothing came up :cool:)

Well at this point I'm working on my 21 molds.. Thats killing me lol. Then I will work on the T Deck mold. I'm also trying to see if there is any wanted before I spend 12K on making a mold & a ton of time. If there is I will work hard on getting it done. I know there will be but if it is minamal I take more time to do it. I'm just a blue collar worker with limitted funds.. lol

I don't mind the investment or the time as long as there are a few wanted. Feel free to call me 1-951-681-0949 Many Thanks,

jetdrive

Reaction score
I can pretty much guarantee you that if you make the 21 Fundeck with the same look as the old TPR (new Ultra 21 Deck), you'll be having more demand than you can handle... Specially at the price that you'll be offering them... I, for one, will be lining up to order one ASAP. It sure is nice to have a true family/performance jet driven deck boat alternative to Ultra and Placecraft that in today's market are just simply out of reach of the average Joe... Keep up the good work Ron... I'll be impatiently waiting for the first pictures of the 21 Deck...:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Mike...

Last edited:

PGF457

Reaction score
I can pretty much guarantee you that if you make the 21 Fundeck with the same look as the old TPR (new Ultra 21 Deck), you'll be having more demand than you can handle... Specially at the price that you'll be offering them... I, for one, will be lining up to order one ASAP. It sure is nice to have a true family/performance jet driven deck boat alternative to Ultra and Placecraft that in today's market are just simply out of reach of the average Joe... Keep up the good work Ron... I'll be impatiently waiting for the first pictures of the 21 Deck...:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Mike...

Hi Mike,

Yeah I know the 21's will sell & thats why I'm working hard on them. They T Deck is the one that I'll work on in-between working on the others.

The Fun-deck will be very simalar to Tommy's fun-deck. It will be a mix of the Mirage & Cheyenne This one will knock your socks off, call me & get on the list of the first 6 that will be sold at a price you won't believe..

The bottoms will be fast & safe with a more stylish deck.. I'll get pics out in a couple of weeks. Keep watching this post lots going on in a great way for the blue collar workers.. We had a saying in the drilling industry " Trip Pipe or Fight " Well I'm done trippin pipe so it's time to fight!

jetdrive

Reaction score
Sounds good, Ron... I'll be giving you a call next week to get on the list for one of the first 21 Decks... I'm glad that you are keeping it very similar to Tommy's Fundeck since it has done so well specially after Ultra bought the molds... I really like the straight front rather than the pickle fork. It makes it much easier to get in and out of. For a closed deck version, I can see why some people like the pickle fork front end for looks, but for open deck, I belive that what Tommy has done, is the right idea (which as you can see, Ultra continued with (not to mention so has Placecraft with their 22 Deck), simply because they sold quite well to family oriented folks that want nice flat and easy entry). Any rate, I'm also glad that you'll be doing the fiberglass in-liner for the top deck, just like Tommy's... For a Deck, that's the only way to go. I can't wait to see some pictures, but since you've said that it is very similar to Tommy's Fundeck (today's Ultra 21 Deck), I have no doubt that I'll like it.

Mike...

Last edited:

PGF457

Reaction score
Sounds good, Ron... I'll be giving you a call next week to get on the list for one of the first 21 Decks... I'm glad that you are keeping it very similar to Tommy's Fundeck since it has done so well specially after Ultra bought the molds... I really like the straight front rather than the pickle fork. It makes it much easier to get in and out of. For a closed deck version, I can see why some people like the pickle fork front end for looks, but for open deck, I belive that what Tommy has done, is the right idea (which as you can see, Ultra continued with (not to mention so has Placecraft with their 22 Deck), simply because they sold quite well to family oriented folks that want nice flat and easy entry). Any rate, I'm also glad that you'll be doing the fiberglass in-liner for the top deck, just like Tommy's... For a Deck, that's the only way to go. I can't wait to see some pictures, but since you've said that it is very similar to Tommy's Fundeck (today's Ultra 21 Deck), I have no doubt that I'll like it.

Mike...

Hi Mike,
I agree, A tunnel bottom with a walk on open straight deck is the only way to go. The best thing about all of this is, Tommy is the reason the cheyenne is around, Tommy is the reason Ultra has a winner. I was there when John bought the mold from Tommy & glad he did. John had the vison & drive back then to get it out there & make it what is today..

The good things about the one's I'll be putting out are : Fast tunnel bottom, Little more stylish looking deck & sides, Little more comfortable up front bench seating, Super pricing. You'll be able to get it from a bare hull or any stage of complition, all the way to a turn key Family lake Hot Rod..

I'll be looking forward to your call Mike...

jesco

Reaction score
Hi Mike,
I agree, A tunnel bottom with a walk on open straight deck is the only way to go. The best thing about all of this is, Tommy is the reason the cheyenne is around, Tommy is the reason Ultra has a winner. I was there when John bought the mold from Tommy & glad he did. John had the vison & drive back then to get it out there & make it what is today..

The good things about the one's I'll be putting out are : Fast tunnel bottom, Little more stylish looking deck & sides, Little more comfortable up front bench seating, Super pricing. You'll be able to get it from a bare hull or any stage of complition, all the way to a turn key Family lake Hot Rod..

I'll be looking forward to your call Mike...

This is awesome, I am seriously loosing sleep over this. Tommy's Fundeck has always been one of my favorite boats, just never in my budget. When I bought my boat 5 years ago, I was really scratching for the extra $$$$ to get one, but just couldn't justify it. Now with the stellar pricing that you are trying to achieve, it just may come a reality for many people. Cant wait to see what you come up with. If its anything like the first hull you popped out, the Cheyenne, which I have a feeling it will be, you will have another real contender. Like always, keep up the good work, and HURRY UP with that 21 deck would yah..... hahaha J/K :D:D

NASTYTOYSRACING01

Reaction score
hey ron its steve brians buddy with the f550 i shure am interested in the 21 so get some pics up and i would like to come check the mold out and the shop,i no weve talked about the cheyene being my favorite river rocket,but with my motor i could make the 21 my rocket

PGF457

Reaction score
hey ron its steve brians buddy with the f550 i shure am interested in the 21 so get some pics up and i would like to come check the mold out and the shop,i no weve talked about the cheyene being my favorite river rocket,but with my motor i could make the 21 my rocket

Hey Steve,

I will post some pics lol, Just taking forever. When you use the best in the industry they are always over loaded themselfs do to the great work they do. So I get frustrated waiting for progress. Good things come to those that wait they say. Plus being a blue collar income family I have to move in baby steps lol. It will come together but looks like we are still at least 30 to 45 days out. grrrrrrrr. If ya know of anyone I'll sell my display hull complete less motor for $14,500 on a new trailer & a set back dominator pump, matching seats & scoop ect.. This would make a great steal for someone & move other things along faster on this end.. Give me a call soon. I'll be looking forward to it. Many Thanks, Ron

sturat

Reaction score
have any pics of the bottom for the Cheyenne?

PGF457

Reaction score
have any pics of the bottom for the Cheyenne?

Well not any good ones lol only this one looking from front to rear on the driverside tunnel & one of it hanging in the air that show's the rear lol. The display hull has been getting capped lol should have it back thrusday & I'll put the intake in & then I'll get it flipped over & take a few new pics.

Attachments

• parts pictures 815.jpg
    parts pictures 815.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 756
  • parts pictures 816.jpg
    parts pictures 816.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 743

stc315

Reaction score
Dang, I want one!!! I wish I could get more overtime, I'd be all over a 19. Ok, rough price 19 with new trailer and set back intake? Oh and side tank mounts and steering hole in dash drilled (I would be afraid of not getting it in the right spot). I think I could rig the rest.

PGF457

Reaction score
Dang, I want one!!! I wish I could get more overtime, I'd be all over a 19. Ok, rough price 19 with new trailer and set back intake? Oh and side tank mounts and steering hole in dash drilled (I would be afraid of not getting it in the right spot). I think I could rig the rest.

Hi stc315,

New 19 hull 3 or 4 colors with a matching powder coated new trailer set back intake & holes drilled for tanks , steering, gauges ect Tank mounts are included with every hull. $12K If you want seats, seat skins & scoop $13.5K out the door, I'll add in a split bowl pump & take $14,995. Heck bring your rail kit & hardware & I'll rig it for free. This offer stands for the next 6 boats orders placed by any RIVERDAVE'S PLACE users :champagne:

honda1

Reaction score
Ron You did it told you they would come if you build it congrats nice hulls :thumbsup

PGF457

Reaction score
Ron You did it told you they would come if you build it congrats nice hulls :thumbsup

Hi honda1,

Thank you. They guys that tape, gel, & lay them up are the ones that really have made it happen. They work very hard at more then a fair price end resualt makin it happen for all of us. I do print these post out & show them to all they guys. So thanks for the words, we all get a warm heart & big grin when we read them. We know Tommy is watching down over us helping with unspoken words. If it was not for the friendship & time I spent with tommy, I wouldn't know what I know & have the ability to make any of my end happen.

Again thanks to all that watch & reply. I hope we can get everyone in a new 19 cheyenne or one of our up-coming 21'S

Gelcoater

Reaction score
so how about some pics of the one you showed all masked off, is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.