WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New 2010 Cheyenne Tunnel Jet Hulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

PGF457

Reaction score
so how about some pics of the one you showed all masked off, is it out yet?

Hey Gelcoater,

Sorry, I will post some pics this weekend. I have been busy & haven't got over to see it yet. I'm sure it will be worth the wait...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hey Gelcoater,

Sorry, I will post some pics this weekend. I have been busy & haven't got over to see it yet. I'm sure it will be worth the wait...

Looking forward to it! :)

RD

Dominator

Reaction score
What's going on here?!:p Ron, 3 more days buddy. Actually 2 day 17 hrs.;)

I have seen the first boat in person and let me tell you guys...:bowdown: Very nice to say the least. Ron has done his homework and doing what he was told he couldn't. Very cool. Good things comin!!! Anyways thought I would drop in and see what was goin on in here. Ron, talked to ya on Sunday around oh lets say 1pm.:D

PGF457

Reaction score
What's going on here?!:p Ron, 3 more days buddy. Actually 2 day 17 hrs.;)

I have seen the first boat in person and let me tell you guys...:bowdown: Very nice to say the least. Ron has done his homework and doing what he was told he couldn't. Very cool. Good things comin!!! Anyways thought I would drop in and see what was goin on in here. Ron, talked to ya on Sunday around oh lets say 1pm.:D

Hey Dominator,

I'm ready lol just have your colors ready to go. Got some pumps ready as well. You'll have one of Hottest Lake / River Tunnels in CO :champagne:

PGF457

Reaction score
Stopped in to check on the capping of this hull. A few asked for picks of the bottom. I couldn't get a good pic while on the dolly. So we put it on three jack blocks for a min & I took a couple pics, the dark color & all the dust make it hard to see the detail. Hope this helps a little. I will post more when I flip it after the intake.

Attachments

• parts pictures 984.jpg
    parts pictures 984.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,146
Last edited:

PGF457

Reaction score
Well, been a crazy week. News up date. We will try to post pics of our new Central Ca. dealer hull tomorrow or wed. Here is a sneak peak of the gel as it was just getting started.. One color & the pin at this point. Thank you everyone for following this post. We will try to post more news & pics weekly As we have a few things up coming that we think all will really enjoy. Thanks Again for staying tuned in, we'll kick it up a notch for ya.

Attachments

• parts pictures 997.jpg
    parts pictures 997.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,069

PGF457

Reaction score
News up date for today, 03/30/10

Two weeks ago at Lake Ming in Bakersfield boat 509 " The Gambler " had a horrible crash, Owner / Driver is sore but THANK THE LORD is in good health & Recovering.

We are very happy to announce there will be a NEW BOAT 509, It will again be a Cheyenne & will be coming to a track near you very soon. We would like to thank the 509 family for the opportunity to build the new509 hull & look forward to watching it run...

We hope to bring a new build post here when we start. Thank you all for viewing our post.

PGF457

Reaction score
News up-date 04/01/10

Heading to the shop to take some pic's of the new hull while it's being popped out of the mold. Will post pics by mid day.

Then heading over to pic up the carbon-fiber & Kevalr for the new 509 replacement race hull, I already can't wait to see it out & running down the track!!!!

Stop back in this afternoon to see the pics of the wild gel coat on the hull that will soon be running around in centeral Ca.

I have also decided to sell my 2010 7 color display hull, I have rounded up all the parts so I will offer It complete ( Less motor ) set up for BBC your choice of a set back split bowl pump, Dominator or berkeley, will have place diverter, intake, loader, shoe, ride plate & cradle, 2 matching bucket seats & a matching scoop, guages, steering tanks, ect! all on new powder coated trailer. This hull is capped so there is no rub rail!!! $ 15,000.00 obo

PGF457

Reaction score
Well went to the shop watched them pop the deck & started taking pics then the battery in my camera went dead. So I thought I would at least post these pics while I charge the battery & I'll run back over & take pics of hull & then the deck sitting on top of the hull, then I'll run back home & post more pics. Hope we get some responce good or bad as we like to hear what is hot & what is not in the boating world. Thanks for checking in & come back to see more pics this evening

Attachments

• parts pictures 1045.jpg
    parts pictures 1045.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 949
  • parts pictures 1050.jpg
    parts pictures 1050.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 947
  • parts pictures 1056.jpg
    parts pictures 1056.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 955
  • parts pictures 1053.jpg
    parts pictures 1053.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 921
  • parts pictures 1046.jpg
    parts pictures 1046.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,716
  • parts pictures 1051.jpg
    parts pictures 1051.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 904
  • parts pictures 1052.jpg
    parts pictures 1052.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 904

jesco

Reaction score
That looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:thumbsup Keep up the good work. I cant wait to see the 21 deck................. I might have to get on that listed you have been talking about. You guys are doing some great work. That thing is fresh out, not even cleaned up and looks bitchen, its only gonna get better. :D:D AWESOME JOB,KEEP THEM COMING!!!!!!

jetdrive

Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful, Ron... Now, where are the pictures of the 21 Deck? You know that's what most of your customers are really waiting for, right? We need some competition for the Ultra and Placecraft that average Joe can afford... Keep up the good work... and thanx for keepin' us updated...

Mike

cave

Reaction score
WOW Ron! Great Job!.:thumbsup

RACER J

Reaction score
I don't like it !!!!!!!!

It makes my new boat look bad:grumble: Hell the central valley will never be the same:D.
The boat looks great!!! cant wait to see it in person:thumbsup

PGF457

Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful, Ron... Now, where are the pictures of the 21 Deck? You know that's what most of your customers are really waiting for, right? We need some competition for the Ultra and Placecraft that average Joe can afford... Keep up the good work... and thanx for keepin' us updated...

Mike

Hi Mike,

The 21 is moving along slowly but is moving along. We are building it from scratch, would take 1/2 the time if it was a splash. No splashing here, Good things are worth waiting for.. We have stopped for a week to get another 19 in & out. We are under a tight dead line to help out the 509 race family get the new 509 race hull built & back on the track.

If anyone wanting a 21 fun deck would like to share thoughts on style for deck lay-out, Side style ect. Feel free to post some pics here. The bottom is a tunnel ;) & We want to keep it close to tommys old fun deck, but would like to hear what boaters out there say they would change.

Outlaw

Polishing MOFO
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

The 21 is moving along slowly but is moving along. We are building it from scratch, would take 1/2 the time if it was a splash. No splashing here, Good things are worth waiting for.. We have stopped for a week to get another 19 in & out. We are under a tight dead line to help out the 509 race family get the new 509 race hull built & back on the track.

If anyone wanting a 21 fun deck would like to share thoughts on style for deck lay-out, Side style ect. Feel free to post some pics here. The bottom is a tunnel ;) & We want to keep it close to tommys old fun deck, but would like to hear what boaters out there say they would change.

The only thing that was kind of dated on the fun deck/ultra design
was the pods for the driver and passenger. I would think that if you could
make that transition smoother like the big deck boats Howard 28 or ultra 23 you would have a home run. just my opinion.

Not the intergrated wind shield but the smooth lines.

122.jpg

03_500.jpg

PGF457

Reaction score
The only thing that was kind of dated on the fun deck/ultra design
was the pods for the driver and passenger. I would think that if you could
make that transition smoother like the big deck boats Howard 28 or ultra 23 you would have a home run. just my opinion.

Not the intergrated wind shield but the smooth lines.

122.jpg

03_500.jpg

Hey Outlaw,

Yeah been racking the brain with that lol. I was hoping to lay them back so they would make comfortable single seats & a more stylish bench. Thanks for the imput, I want boaters to see it & say, I GOTTA HAVE ONE OF THESE! Thanks again for the help Outlaw...

Last edited:

jetdrive

Reaction score
Hi Ron,

But remember that at the same time you wanna maintain the high seating position that Tommy's Fundeck has. That way, it will appeal to the River boaters (your main audience for this type of boat) that have to constantly look for sand bars, etc. so they won't run into them. Personally, I've always liked the pods, I think they look different and kinda timeless. The thing about the 23 in the above picture is that... it pretty much wraps the driver and passenger in fiberglass at the sides and as the result, you don't get that high view position that makes a 21 footer rather unique. Since let's face it, the big lake guys, aren't gonna be interested in a little boat like this anyway (at least that's what I think)...

Any rate, if I were you, I wouldn't change a thing... Here is a pic of one...

displayimage.php

Last edited:

PGF457

Reaction score
Well ran over to the shop, snapped a couple pics. Sorry, not the best pics. The 3 colors of pearl & 2 colors of metal flake are hard to see in the pics with the lighting. I'll get it out asap giver a bath & post of some pics before it goes in for a cap job.

I got word that my display hull is ready to pick up. The cap job is done & she's all color sanded & buffed. I'll pick it up & post pics of it tomorrow. Then I'll start rigging her out. I have all the parts to make her turn key less motor. Thanks for viewing this post, feel free to comment on the hulls & pricing. Many Thanks to the boating community..

Hulls starting at.......................... $6,800.00
Hull & new trailer......................... $9,300.00
complete on a trailer less motor..... $ 15,000.00

Easter Special
on our display boat complete less motor $13,500.00 this weekend only!!!

Attachments

• parts pictures 1067.jpg
    parts pictures 1067.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 2,293
  • parts pictures 1078.jpg
    parts pictures 1078.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 2,319
  • parts pictures 1071.jpg
    parts pictures 1071.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 2,302
  • parts pictures 1075.jpg
    parts pictures 1075.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 2,202

cave

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Way to go Ron!!! That's awesome!!!:thumbsup

PGF457

Reaction score
News up-date,

The owner of this hull called & asked if we could sell it for him. He would like a little more blue in the hull. We said sure well take care of that. So Here is a smokin deal, first $7,500.00 obo takes it. 6 colors, 3 of them with pearls & 2 with metal flake, balsa floors 1 x 4 stringers. Nice Lake Hot Rod!!

Please contact me at 1-951-681-0949 Many Thanks, Ron

Attachments

• parts pictures 1078.jpg
    parts pictures 1078.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 2,120

Reaction score
MAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNN:thumbsup:thumbsup

PGF457

Reaction score
Thought I would post of the cap job on the display hull. I'll start rigging it on monday. I found some killer hardware in the garage. I'll get some pics up as it comes along.

Attachments

• parts pictures 1079.jpg
    parts pictures 1079.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,088
  • parts pictures 1082.jpg
    parts pictures 1082.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 996
  • parts pictures 1083.jpg
    parts pictures 1083.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,003

RYNO22

Reaction score
Damn gorgeous! If my boat would sell i would be on my way up there to pick up either one of those two boats! preferably the capped one!!:D

PGF457

Reaction score
Damn gorgeous! If my boat would sell i would be on my way up there to pick up either one of those two boats! preferably the capped one!!:D

Hi RYNO22,

Thank you, I am really happy with it as it was the first boat. Yeah ya find small flaws here & there fix them & everyone works harder at the next hull & from there out. I am super picky & bitch about things. Thanks to the guys building these you will not find a nice lay-up, Alex from west coast tooling is the best there is. That was the reason Tommy used him. There are plenty of proven race hulls laided up by him. These two hulls for sale would cost 13k to 15k bare from any other company around. We really are giving them away at cost, hopefully some one thats always wanted a really nice river / lake hot rod can get one.

I am ready to start rigging the burgandy & orange hull & should have @ $15k in it ready for the water on a trailer & with a killer 427 BBC! Funny thing is some say can't be done. Not True, I came across what was a super nice jet boat, that crashed at the river. It had just been restored. Has a Berk split bowl that was just detailed by MPD, intake, shoe, ride plate, diverter, gagaues, custom billet hardware, SS russel tanks, all new steel braided lines & an fittings, ect. No Motor. I purcheds it for $1,250.00
The motor I got in a boat deal couple yrs ago & after parting out the boat that motor was free. I had my friend Jack Worrell who by luck has build to many race motor to count put a Jack Worrell secret touch to it. So all in all I'm $1,500 in the motor. So let rack it up..

Hull. $7,995.00 ( seats & scoop included )
Trailer $2,500.00
Hardware & pump $1,250.00
Motor @ 650hp $1,500.00
New cables & wiring $300.00
New steering Helm $250.00
Seat skins $600.00
Reg & tax $560.00

Total $ 14,955.00
Doing it when told it can't be done $ PRICELESS $ :champagne: :drnkfr

If anyone says " yeah but I don't have time or space to work it like that " I will help you, I do have the time & space. I am a deal hunter, I track it down & will for you as well.

RYNO22

Reaction score
wow 15k turnkey? minus 1500 for the motor and thats what you would sell that boat for? if so thats amazing!

Hass828

Reaction score
Hi RYNO22,

Thank you, I am really happy with it as it was the first boat. Yeah ya find small flaws here & there fix them & everyone works harder at the next hull & from there out. I am super picky & bitch about things. Thanks to the guys building these you will not find a nice lay-up, Alex from west coast tooling is the best there is. That was the reason Tommy used him. There are plenty of proven race hulls laided up by him. These two hulls for sale would cost 13k to 15k bare from any other company around. We really are giving them away at cost, hopefully some one thats always wanted a really nice river / lake hot rod can get one.

I am ready to start rigging the burgandy & orange hull & should have @ $15k in it ready for the water on a trailer & with a killer 427 BBC! Funny thing is some say can't be done. Not True, I came across what was a super nice jet boat, that crashed at the river. It had just been restored. Has a Berk split bowl that was just detailed by MPD, intake, shoe, ride plate, diverter, gagaues, custom billet hardware, SS russel tanks, all new steel braided lines & an fittings, ect. No Motor. I purcheds it for $1,250.00
The motor I got in a boat deal couple yrs ago & after parting out the boat that motor was free. I had my friend Jack Worrell who by luck has build to many race motor to count put a Jack Worrell secret touch to it. So all in all I'm $1,500 in the motor. So let rack it up..

Hull. $7,995.00 ( seats & scoop included )
Trailer $2,500.00
Hardware & pump $1,250.00
Motor @ 650hp $1,500.00
New cables & wiring $300.00
New steering Helm $250.00
Seat skins $600.00
Reg & tax $560.00

Total $ 14,955.00
Doing it when told it can't be done $ PRICELESS $ :champagne: :drnkfr

If anyone says " yeah but I don't have time or space to work it like that " I will help you, I do have the time & space. I am a deal hunter, I track it down & will for you as well.

Hey man, thats one hell of a deal on those hulls. I hope you sell an azz load of'em. Good job and keep up the good work.

Dominator

Reaction score
Ron, absolutely amazing!!! Sure wish I could afford to do one!:D:champagne:

jetdrive

Reaction score
Dammnnnn... Why isn't this a Deck version like Tommy's Fundeck? I'm sure you already know that if so, you'd have both of them sold as soon as they had come out of the mold... Any rate, I love your approach to finding parts here and there to give the rest of us an opportunity to own a fine boat that other builders want an arm and a leg for... I wish I were there when Tommy sold the mold to his 21 Fundeck... I would have bought it and worked out a deal with a guy like you to build a bunch of them so that everybody with average income [who wanted one] could own one (not like the way it is now with that hull, I.e., only the "big baller" types can buy one of those (as you all know))...

I wish this industry had more guys like you building boats instead of the way it is right now... Wish you all the success in the world my friend...

Mike...

Last edited:

PGF457

Reaction score
Dammnnnn... Why isn't this a Deck version like Tommy's Fundeck? I'm sure you already know that if so, you'd have both of them sold as soon as they had come out of the mold... Any rate, I love your approach to finding parts here and there to give the rest of us an opportunity to own a fine boat that other builders want an arm and a leg for... I wish I were there when Tommy sold the mold to his 21 Fundeck... I would have bought it and worked out a deal with a guy like you to build a bunch of them so that everybody with average income [who wanted one] could own one (not like the way it is now with that hull, I.e., only the "big baller" types can buy one of those (as you all know))...

I wish this industry had more guys like you building boats instead of the way it is right now... Wish you all the success in the world my friend...

Mike...

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the words. I am building a mold that is very similar to the old MIRAGE Tommy's old fun deck. There will only be a few changes.

I need a little help from RiverDaves users, Please post a reply if you think you'd buy one if they came one color $12.5K & up to 5 Colors for $14K I think I can put them out turn key from $27k to $31K depending on motor package. That would also come with a trailer. So please post what ya think about pricing & if you or a anyone you know would buy one in any stage. Thanks for everyones help. Contact me to get on a list, When it's time I'll roll right down the list. Again Many Thanks to all the great boating familys out there that allow us to do what we love & keep boating alive. Sincerely, Ron & Crew 1-951-681-0949

Gelcoater

Reaction score
i know this is a jet thread and all but will the new deck boat hold an o/b too? just wonderin. with all the new epa regs, i see the 4 stroke o/b becoming more popular,imo.

RYNO22

Reaction score
Hey Ron i would buy a fun deck one color for 20k complete less motor!:D
Hi Mike,

Thank you for the words. I am building a mold that is very similar to the old MIRAGE Tommy's old fun deck. There will only be a few changes.

I need a little help from RiverDaves users, Please post a reply if you think you'd buy one if they came one color $12.5K & up to 5 Colors for $14K I think I can put them out turn key from $27k to $31K depending on motor package. That would also come with a trailer. So please post what ya think about pricing & if you or a anyone you know would buy one in any stage. Thanks for everyones help. Contact me to get on a list, When it's time I'll roll right down the list. Again Many Thanks to all the great boating familys out there that allow us to do what we love & keep boating alive. Sincerely, Ron & Crew 1-951-681-0949

cave

Reaction score
Congratulations Ron! Looks like your getting it done. Truly Priceless!!!!:thumbsup

PGF457

Reaction score
Hey Ron i would buy a fun deck one color for 20k complete less motor!:D

Hey RYNO22,

That can be done, I will start a new tread today for fun decks. I have a guy that might want to go in on the mold witch would help me round up the fund to finish the mold faster. Right know I have to do it as funds allow me to. So come to the new tread & post something there, in a week I print the tread out & have a meeting with him & close the deal if there is enough interest. Then 30 to 45 days we'll be ready to lay up the first one. Thanks for the help & to anyone that will post their interest.

PGF457

Reaction score
Up date on the 19 cheyenne display hull..

Wanted to post a pic of the seats & scoop. Just pic them up today I think they'll look pretty sweet in the hull. Cut & fit the intake today will post a pic tomorrow if I get back before dark. Thanks for stoppin in.

Attachments

• parts pictures 1142.jpg
    parts pictures 1142.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,006

TRG

Reaction score
Up date on the 19 cheyenne display hull..

Wanted to post a pic of the seats & scoop. Just pic them up today I think they'll look pretty sweet in the hull. Cut & fit the intake today will post a pic tomorrow if I get back before dark. Thanks for stoppin in.

Very nice Ron! Thanks for your time today, there is only one direction for these boats, and it's both down the track, as well as up or down any river or lake! damn near FLAWLESS in all areas that I saw! I arrived clean as a whistle, left a mess, I was all over the blue/green and silver one! Congrats, its a beautiful boat!:thumbsup

PGF457

Reaction score
Very nice Ron! Thanks for your time today, there is only one direction for these boats, and it's both down the track, as well as up or down any river or lake! damn near FLAWLESS in all areas that I saw! I arrived clean as a whistle, left a mess, I was all over the blue/green and silver one! Congrats, its a beautiful boat!:thumbsup

Hey TRG,

Thank you very much, Was nice meeting you & the 509 team today. I couldn't ask for a nicer crew of fellow boaters to come & take there time & check it over. Looking forward to up coming this. Thanks again TRG & please pass on my thanks to the rest of the 509 team. Sincerely, Ron

Dominator

Reaction score
Ron, just curious if the blue, silver and green boat was still for sale? Geee I sure would love to have it.:bowdown: You guys are doing an amazing job and I sure hope to be a part of it. Best wishes my friend.:drnkfr You are good people!;)

PGF457

Reaction score
Ron, just curious if the blue, silver and green boat was still for sale? Geee I sure would love to have it.:bowdown: You guys are doing an amazing job and I sure hope to be a part of it. Best wishes my friend.:drnkfr You are good people!;)

Hey Bryan,

Send me $7,000.00 & we'll sell ya that awesome hull make ya the Colorado Dealer :champagne: How does that sound?? Cmon I have had call from your state & would love to say We have a dealer there locally :D

For $11,500.00 I'll make it turn key LESS MOTOR on a trailer I have all the parts ready for it. Pump & all.. Give me a call 1-951-681-0949 Many Thanks

Lucky Harris

Reaction score
I know this looks silly but I had to find you on this forum and it wont let me pm you until I have 10 posts. Get real. Whatever, so call me Ronny!

cave

Reaction score
Sweet! That one is gunna be awesome !

cave

Reaction score
I take it this one is coming to Arizona Dom?:D
attachment.php

PGF457

Reaction score
I take it this one is coming to Arizona Dom?:D
attachment.php

He is working on it. It will be in CO & I'm sure it will be runnin around in AZ as well. The one to watch out for will be the Burgandy & Orange one. Looks like his Pops will be runnin around in it & maybe with a blown injected 468 with nice aluminum heads. :champagne:

PGF457

Reaction score
Found this & a few other goodies today, think you'll see it pushin a new cheyenne on the river very soon. Here is a link to it runnin.
Below is one heck of a nice pump. These are just some finds that I hunt down for our customers. Now is the time to build while you can still get great deals, if not you someone would get them...

He fired it off & forgot to turn on the fuel :rotflmao:

[video=youtube;Mi9CaZR2Kxs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi9CaZR2Kxs[/video]

We'll post pics when we see witch cheyenne it will be in. We'll be rigging 3 over the next 3 weeks come back & watch there progress :)

Attachments

• parts pictures 1150.jpg
    parts pictures 1150.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 796
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.