WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New 2010 Cheyenne Tunnel Jet Hulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hass828

Reaction score
Hi everyone, one race hull is out & a second is going in :D Looks like we maybe building another new race hull that will be on the rope with the world famous Mike D & the F-Bomb. So we'll see what comes of this very soon. Here is a look at the latest hull out, pics soon of the next race hull going in the mold..

That is one damn nice looking hull. Like the lines & colors. The inside looks nice too.:thumbsup

Blow It Up

Don't Member
Reaction score
Hey Ron Nice talkin to ya today about a 21. Can't wait to get down there to check out the 19's. Nice lookin boats.:thumbsup

Gelcoater

Reaction score
where's the new pics?????????????
I'm sure they will be along soon.I know Ron's working his ass off setting up shop,dealing with some customers both in person and over the phone,getting material for work to be done,etc. I was down there today and the man never stopped,except once to cram down some food,but he did so standing up:bowdown:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Oh! and Ron,as promised,when i got home and cracked the first cold one,i thought of you guys stil hard at work,:D

PGF457

Reaction score
Oh! and Ron,as promised,when i got home and cracked the first cold one,i thought of you guys stil hard at work,:D

Hey Glecoater,

Thanks for everything we wouldn't be were we are with out ya. Oh & glad to help with the smile & chuckle as you opened that beer. We shut it down at 8pm tonight as it has been one busy week. Thanks again for all the help. Sincerely, Ron & Crew

cave

Reaction score
Er ya gunna post pics of the new 509 Ron?

stc315

Reaction score
One quick question, is the 19 available in carbon fiber? and rough guess how much extra over the base price? I'm looking for lake strength med-heavy layup with lil over race weight.
Thanks,
Sam

ULTRA 23

Reaction score
Ron it is good to see your cranking out some new boats in this economy. Some of the silver boats you are doing look very nice. I myself took 3 new orders this weekend so I think things are getting alot better with the economy. How did Steve with the 509 team like his new boat? I was not at the race this past weekend so I did not get to talk with him. Is he planning on having his boat ready for the Elsinore race in Sept? Good luck with the boats you have to build.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Ron will no longer be building the new "509" race boat.

If anyone wants to know specific problems feel free to contact me.

Steve Rauscher (858) 967-4726 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************(858) 967-4726******end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Reaction score
Do you guys have a place in Martinez? I see an orange jeep by our friends house that has those numbers on it...

yes that is my parents place come by and say hi, hope to see you this weekend

Steve

Luckie Stiff

Reaction score
509-

I was at Ming and saw the crash, you walked away from a very ugly ride. I for one am happy that you found out about your new hull now rather than when you raced it. I guess time will tell.

Last edited:

Reaction score
509-

I was at Ming and saw the crash, you walked away from a very ugly ride. I for one am happy that you found out about your new hull now rather than when you raced it. I guess time will tell if Ron gets his sh*t together or not.

thanks Luckie Stiff, you are right about finding out now than at the big end of the track,

come by the pits next time at bakersfield and have a cold one, we will be racing my little brothers boat #905

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
yes that is my parents place come by and say hi, hope to see you this weekend

Steve
Right on Steve, we will be putting my boat on our friends dock this weekend so we will be in your hood. :thumbsup
i hear those 509 guys are a force to be reckoned with when it comes to the horse shoes:D
Now that you mention it I've heard the same thing... :D

Just Electric

freway offramp panhandler
Reaction score
i hear those 509 guys are a force to be reckoned with when it comes to horse shoes :D

Luckie Stiff

Reaction score
thanks Luckie Stiff, you are right about finding out now than at the big end of the track,

come by the pits next time at bakersfield and have a cold one, we will be racing my little brothers boat #905

That 905 boat is no slouch either! I'll make sure and take you up on that barley pop.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If you have a problem with a mfg / dealer in this section from either business dealings in the past, present etc. Then handle it in Private! Via a PM, E-Mail, Phone Call, Lawsuit etc.. Whatever the problem maybe, it is between YOU and THEM, not the rest of the world.

I have never been a fan of people using the internet to "leverage" what they want out of a business, nor have I ever been a fan of someone trying to hurt anothers livelihood through the use of an online message board. "Flaming/Bashing" the businesses that choose to participate in this site is not an option.

1 Strike Rule is in full effect!

I'll give people the benefit of the doubt that maybe they didn't see this. After 1 warning though (and said post removed) if it happens again they are going on a vacation..

The participation of manufacturers & dealers on my website is far more important to me then some guys need to publicly lambast them. On top of which, almost everyone that does or will have a section on here is a friend of mine. (Something to keep in mind)

Please show them the respect they deserve.

Sincerely,

RD

In case anybody was wondering what the rules actually are.... and no I'm not sweeping anything under a rug or anything of the sort. 509 I left you're phone #, if anybody has any questions they can call you and talk about it..

RD

Reaction score
In case anybody was wondering what the rules actually are.... and no I'm not sweeping anything under a rug or anything of the sort. 509 I left you're phone #, if anybody has any questions they can call you and talk about it..

RD

Thanks RiverDave, I really think people need to know what they are getting into

for all others following please check out performanceboats.com "stirring the pot" thread

HULLSHOT

Reaction score
Ron I lost your number and email when computer fryed, at the time I was looking into a Hondo you had???

Reaction score
I can see where this is heading. Sucks, if shit happens it happens no need to start blasting people etc.

Reaction score
I met Larry the gelcoater ( which was top notch by the way) and a gentelman with the last name Sydney very nice guy as well, was that you?

by the way not here to slam anyone just stating the fact that ron will NOT be building the new 509

Reaction score
I met Larry the gelcoater ( which was top notch by the way) and a gentelman with the last name Sydney very nice guy as well, was that you?

by the way not here to slam anyone just stating the fact that ron will NOT be building the new 509
:box::box::fingers::D:D:D:D:D:D

Dont i owe you a beer? And becareful, barry just wants to love on you

Reaction score
I thought I owed you one? but you know I will take it
are you coming to yuma this weekend?

TRG

Reaction score
Its too bad that honesty could not prevail here

Reaction score
I thought I owed you one? but you know I will take it
are you coming to yuma this weekend?
Staying local. Boat is apart etc. Shooting for parker end of june and yuma sometime in july.

Gelcoater

Reaction score

thanks for the kind words #509,im sorry that you and Ron couldn't come to a better agreement than what went down. I just spray them,and the buisness part of it is none of my buisness. I do wish you good luck in your return to racing.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Its too bad that honesty could not prevail here

Todd, nobody is sweeping anything under the rug, and nor am I distorting any "truth" or anything of the sort..

The fact remains manufacturers do not post on the boards because of Hotboat / PB / etc..

On hotboat it was so bad that if a manufacturer posted anything it wouldn't make it 3-5 posts before someone was on there telling their story, or bashing the shit out of them etc..

I heard the story from Finnegan, and I heard about Finnegan's deal with Alex (apparently a seperate company then Ron's).. and it sucks. But the fact remains if I let people bash this guy, then people will bash other manufacturers.

509's Phone # is in his post, if someone wants to contact him then that is their business. I just don't want bashing on here.

It is too important to the growth of the site & participation of the manufacturers in the future to allow the bashing of them... And the abuse of that on Hotboat and other sites is astounding. People will bash industry people just to get a discount on their bill etc.. I've seen it happen multiple times.. Again not saying that's the case here, but I have to think about the bigger picture.

Again, people have phones, PM's, e-mails.. If someone has a problem with them, they can call the mfg, sue them, get a refund, or whatever else they want, but on the surface as far as RDP goes.. Well we're like the "Tropics" in semi pro.. Jackie Moon says "Everybody Loves Everybody" :D

RD

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
Todd, nobody is sweeping anything under the rug, and nor am I distorting any "truth" or anything of the sort..

The fact remains manufacturers do not post on the boards because of Hotboat / PB / etc..

On hotboat it was so bad that if a manufacturer posted anything it wouldn't make it 3-5 posts before someone was on there telling their story, or bashing the shit out of them etc..

I heard the story from Finnegan, and I heard about Finnegan's deal.. and it sucks. But the fact remains if I let people bash this guy, then people will bash other manufacturers.

509's Phone # is in his post, if someone wants to contact him then that is their business. I just don't want bashing on here.

It is too important to the growth of the site & participation of the manufacturers in the future to allow the bashing of them... And the abuse of that on Hotboat and other sites is astounding. People will bash industry people just to get a discount on their bill etc.. I've seen it happen multiple times.. Again not saying that's the case here, but I have to think about the bigger picture.

Again, people have phones, PM's, e-mails.. If someone has a problem with them, they can call the mfg, sue them, get a refund, or whatever else they want, but on the surface as far as RDP goes.. Well we're like the "Tropics" in semi pro.. Jackie Moon says "Everybody Loves Everybody" :D

RD

good thing tom brown doesn't visit the jet section :D

Reaction score

I heard the story from Finnegan, and I heard about Finnegan's deal.. and it sucks. But the fact remains if I let people bash this guy, then people will bash other manufacturers.

RD

Dave as you know I do not post much but do enjoy your site.

Please tell me how I was bashing anybody? My name has been used for a while now and even led to the "bashing" of other boat builders. I posted a reply about the boat and if it would be ready to race.

Like I said I think this is a great site but please tell me how explaining that Ron would not be building the 509 and showing concern for my friends and others is "bashing".

Steve R

Sleeper CP

Reaction score

Please tell me how I was bashing anybody? My name has been used for a while now and even led to the "bashing" of other boat builders. I posted a reply about the boat and if it would be ready to race.

Like I said I think this is a great site but please tell me how explaining that Ron would not be building the 509 and showing concern for my friends and others is "bashing".

Steve R

Steve that's better handled in a PM if you ask me.

Otherwise......" Fire in the whole "

BTW, did you consider a new Place Craft or not the right boat for what you want to do ?

Oh we won't be to the river until late June or maybe July.

S CP

Jon

Reaction score
Steve that's better handled in a PM if you ask me.

Otherwise......" Fire in the whole "

BTW, did you consider a new Place Craft or not the right boat for what you want to do ?

Oh we won't be to the river until late June or maybe July.

S CP

Jon

I guess this is why I do not post on here
I still dont see where I bashed anybody or why that post should of been a PM

Steve

TRG

Reaction score
Wow! RD, im sorry for bashing a poorly crafted hull on your website!:moon:
Dominator- you should be ashamed of yourself!:fighting:
the pics you have are from me! and the only ones you saw of your boat were after I sent them to you! dont be a "Schmuck"! you are getting hosed too!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Steve R

You guys are intermingling PB and here in your minds or something.. If someone has bashed other mfg's on here please point me in the direction and I'll deal with it swiftly.

As far as you're post, I can't remember word for word what it said but it was pretty rough..

If people are curious, your phone #'s in it.. they can call you, and I think the exact same point is made, without all the rest of it.. Don't you?

I have no financial interest in this guy Ron's company what so ever.. I don't think I've ever even talked to the guy. I'm just trying to avoid members bashing mfg's like everywhere else, because mfg's will not participate if that's the case.

If this guy screwed you then figure it out.. Get a refund, sue him, break some legs or however you want to handle it. That's between you and him.. Not you and the rest of the world on here.

On that note though, what did you expect? You pay 6K (or whatever) for a boat built out of somebodies garage.. You're gonna get 6K (or whatever) worth of boat built out of somebodies garage.. LOL

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
On that note, Todd / Rouscher or anyone else..

If ya feel like talking about the situation whether it be the boat.. or why I have to take the hard line that I am right now etc..

949-678-8369 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************949-678-8369******end_of_the_skype_highlighting. I'm always available, and I'm always willing to talk and at least reason it out with ya so you understand..

I know it kinda sucks, and as a "poster" absolutely I'm thinking.. "YEAH BASH THE SHIT OUT OF EM.." It makes for great entertainment..

As a board owner though I think... "What manufacturer will ever post on a board where members bash them.. whether the complaint is legit or not is irrelevant."

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So we're moving forward..

End of story.. 509 wasn't happy with the hull. He got his cash back but is delayed somewhat and has now placed a contract with GS.

If someone has any quesions, 509's phone # is in the thread.. and inversely Ron has the hull at his shop for viewing. You can draw you're own conclusions from either side of the story etc.. Doesn't need to be hashed out on here is all I was sayin.

If possible #509 I'd like to see the build pics/thread on the new boat in another thread if you're so inclined. :)

I'm just trying to keep things positive and moving forward, and hopefully get some mfg's like GS, and ? on here participating without fear of getting bashed 6 ways to sunday. I hope you understand.

RD

edog

Reaction score
I think the manufacture bashing stems from the boat industry as a whole. I have never seen such a shady industry. I'm not talking about this particular situation. The marine industry as a whole. From the 70's up until today, small and large companies uncluded. As far as garage builders. Most of the industry has begun with the garage builders, and back yard R&D. That is what made this industry so great. People think outside the box, learn and innovate new ideas. all the way from the 18' jet to the 40' Fountain.

What is such a let down with this situation, is the fact that alot of people talked shit on Ron when he started. Despite that fact he kept moving forward. Then I think people were rooting for the under dog. Then 509 stepped up and put their money on the line. Unfortunatly it didn't work out. I would have loved to see a new program take off with the 509. Imagine the sales Ron would have seen, and the fact that there would have been a new kid on the block, and a new contender.

sdpm

Reaction score
It's perfectly fine to come on here and post something about how great a company has performed but it's not O.K. to come on here and post something that is not great with a certain company? Your right Dave, it's your site and you can do with it whatever you would like with it.

"At the end of the day though.. I'd like you to know your a dick".

Fltplan

Reaction score
I would say there has to be someway to give an opinion, good or bad, that's what these boards are about. It is a little strange to only be able to compliment a company, but not the opposite.

It is Dave's board and he can do whatever he wants, but I think credibility of the site would be sacraficed in an attempt to keep the manufacturers involved.

Gotta be a compromise somewhere in there and I don't think PM's are the answer.

Steve S

Reaction score
I think the manufacture bashing stems from the boat industry as a whole. I have never seen such a shady industry. I'm not talking about this particular situation. The marine industry as a whole. From the 70's up until today, small and large companies uncluded. As far as garage builders. Most of the industry has begun with the garage builders, and back yard R&D. That is what made this industry so great. People think outside the box, learn and innovate new ideas. all the way from the 18' jet to the 40' Fountain.

What is such a let down with this situation, is the fact that alot of people talked shit on Ron when he started. Despite that fact he kept moving forward. Then I think people were rooting for the under dog. Then 509 stepped up and put their money on the line. Unfortunatly it didn't work out. I would have loved to see a new program take off with the 509. Imagine the sales Ron would have seen, and the fact that there would have been a new kid on the block, and a new contender.

Great post

That was the plan and yes I did my fair share of defending Ron all the way from the river to the race track. Those days are over!

Reaction score
It's perfectly fine to come on here and post something about how great a company has performed but it's not O.K. to come on here and post something that is not great with a certain company? Your right Dave, it's your site and you can do with it whatever you would like with it.

"At the end of the day though.. I'd like you to know your a dick".
You know. I look at the other place who at the very second that someone starts to bash they pull it. Dave on the other hand lets people hash it out in moderation then decided when enough is enough.

The Fuck it button just came into play and im going to leave it be.

Status
Not open for further replies.