WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New housing for all you Huntington Beach inmates

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I have no words. The homeless have basically forced the tax payers into providing them housing? How much more can the citizens of California absorb? Do you guys get to keep any of the money you make or does the state take it all?

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I have no words. The homeless have basically forced the tax payers into providing them housing? How much more can the citizens of California absorb? Do you guys get to keep any of the money you make or does the state take it all?
Lol... subsidized housing has existed for many years. Only difference here is the new style "Projects" look like upscale apartment complex's for at least the first year.:D... instead of old concrete barracks.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I don’t know if Orange County has had actual conversations with the City of Huntington Beach? Seriously doubt HB agreed to this! Not sure where they would house all of these homeless folks. HB already has its own homeless population, and there is nowhere to put hundreds or thousands more. It’s not like there’s empty plots of land anymore down here. It’s pretty much built out. And why the F has the County been hiding all these Millions of dollars while these people have been living in squalor for the last 1-2 years? It just keeps getting uglier!!!

Raffit78

Reaction score
Someone knows someone that knows someone that has land that can make guaranteed income from the county... Just Sayen.

Wish I knew where they were being housed, because to me, that sounds like permanent income. like section 8 stuff.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
In Huntington Beach???
Even I know that's some pretty screwed up (stupid) planning going on there.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
LOL....it's gonna end up like Costa Mesa......full of halfway houses. :D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Never going to happen... rich people are all bleeding heart liberals and want to help the needy. What they don’t want is needy poor homeless people living anywhere near there city.....lol

The second anything like this goes to a vote it will meet crazy opposition... same thing is happening in Los Angeles with all that $$$ that was voted on a couple years back. Nobody wants it in there back yard...nobody

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
I personally think its a GREAT idea!!!!!

How about some land about 50 miles east of Indio, Ca or 50 miles north of Barstow...

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
shit thanks to T/Y.... there plenty of vacant buildings in Detroit, ... Cali can purchase some Detroit property, clean up the building and provide a one way ticket.... it sure would be cheaper, than walk they are currently thinking....

riverroyal

Reaction score
50 miles east of indio is too close to havasu

Indio and the valley have a massive homeless problem already. They are also more desperate out there with extreme weather.
Capistrano beach can house some :)

PDQH2O

Reaction score
I don’t know if Orange County has had actual conversations with the City of Huntington Beach? Seriously doubt HB agreed to this! Not sure where they would house all of these homeless folks. HB already has its own homeless population, and there is nowhere to put hundreds or thousands more. It’s not like there’s empty plots of land anymore down here. It’s pretty much built out. And why the F has the County been hiding all these Millions of dollars while these people have been living in squalor for the last 1-2 years? It just keeps getting uglier!!!

NOTHING the HB City Council does shocks me anymore. The idiocy at taxpayer expense is rampant.
Gypsies have certainly overtaken the palace.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
50 miles east of indio is too close to havasu

Indio and the valley have a massive homeless problem already. They are also more desperate out there with extreme weather.
Capistrano beach can house some :)
why you gotta be so agressive...?

comfortably numb

Reaction score
Sounds like it has to be on County property so H.B. Council will have no vote????

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Talbert Park, The Great Park and behind the civil services building in Santa Ana were 3 locations proposed last year. Talbert is a horrible idea. Long established neighborhoods in a nice area. The Great Park is currently building 5k new homes. Doubt these people want their property values destroyed in a year. Irvine & HB PD is gonna be busy shooing these people away from begging in the public areas of those communities.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Simply a perfect example of how our Government and taxes have failed to properly support our own people.....it's much more important to feed other countries folks:(

lard ass

Banned
Reaction score
Let the pieces of shit live in the slater slums. Oh wait the wetbacks have that covered.:mad:

Joker

Reaction score
They're moving them to Gothard & Talbert at the old dump site. In 2017 a member of the council volunteered this area. Stupid.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Anyone wonder why they decided to do this in 3 of the most conservative areas of OC? The Aliso and Laguna Niguel peeps are throwing a fit lol.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Anyone wonder why they decided to do this in 3 of the most conservative areas of OC? The Aliso and Laguna Niguel peeps are throwing a fit lol.
County owned properties is what I read. Irvine is first. They are having a special called meeting tonight.

MSum661

Reaction score
"Irvine, and possibly in Huntington Beach and Laguna Niguel."

Can you hear that Giant sucking sound? Once the word gets out........Nationwide.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
County owned properties is what I read. Irvine is first. They are having a special called meeting tonight.

But the county owns properties all over the county. I’m wondering if the the county picked those areas knowing there would be resistance? If I was to choose 3 cities that would be against homeless encampments the most, these 3 would be in my top 5.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
But the county owns properties all over the county. I’m wondering if the the county picked those areas knowing there would be resistance? If I was to choose 3 cities that would be against homeless encampments the most, these 3 would be in my top 5.
Found this..

• Directed county staff to develop up to three sites for emergency shelter, in Irvine (100-acre county-owned site property the Great Park, with a capacity of up to 200 people), Huntington Beach (county-owned property along Gothard Street, with a capacity of up to 100 people), and Laguna Niguel (county-owned property near City Hall, with a capacity of up to 100 people).

MSum661

Reaction score
^
Google Earth Laguna Niguel City Hall surroundings.
They can't be serious.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Found this..

• Directed county staff to develop up to three sites for emergency shelter, in Irvine (100-acre county-owned site property the Great Park, with a capacity of up to 200 people), Huntington Beach (county-owned property along Gothard Street, with a capacity of up to 100 people), and Laguna Niguel (county-owned property near City Hall, with a capacity of up to 100 people).

Was that this week or previous to this debacle?

Justfishing

Reaction score
I say pull up buses and offer $5000 to anyone willing to go to Mexico and not come back.

Anyone that doesn't go to Mexico gets on a bus and dropped in front of apple, Cisco, Oracle etc. Others get dropped in sacramento or in front of the homes of the Hollywood elite.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score

New Shelters

The new shelter beds would implement an idea proposed by Supervisor Shawn Nelson a year ago, which the rest of the supervisors rejected at the time. The beds would be in tents at county-owned properties in Irvine, Huntington Beach, and Laguna Niguel, in that order, and only if the capacity is needed after the county’s existing shelters reach capacity.

Well, hope it stops in Irvine!

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
The Irvine shelter and the Laguna Niguel shelter are pretty close to eachother with my house about a 3-5 minute drive from both. But neither are in my city so not sure what power iI would have to stop it.

Where are they planning the Laguna Niguel shelter? There is no room behind city hall. The leisure world folks are gonna flip. I wanna see a county supervisor get nailed by flying dentures.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Some O.C. residents: We want to help the homeless — just don't put them in our neighborhoods
By ANH DO
MAR 21, 2018 | 5:40 PM

S44MMMNO2ZBQ7DEKKRCGAH4LZM.jpg

Donahue Farrow works on a bike on the balcony of his motel room. He's staying at the motel with a 30-day voucher from the Santa Ana riverbed cleanup but doesn't know what he'll do after his 30 days are up. (Maria Alejandra Cardona / Los Angeles Times)

One day after Orange County supervisors voted to spend more than $70 million to house the homeless, residents in three prosperous cities expressed alarm about a proposal to set up "camp" shelters in their communities.

Besides creating permanent housing, the officials' plans call for possible camps in Irvine, Laguna Niguel and Huntington Beach on county-owned land. The Irvine City Council voted unanimously late Tuesday to sue the county to stop the proposal.

"How does this solve the problem?" Mayor Donald P. Wagner said during a special meeting he organized to respond to the county.

The Laguna Niguel City Council also voted unanimously Tuesday to initiate litigation against the county, citing the county's plan to create a homeless encampment just a few steps from a public library, daycare center and elementary school.

"I am stunned that anyone at the county thought it was a good idea to place 100 homeless individuals in tents that are adjacent to not only a residential neighborhood of young families, but also a daycare center where innocent children play and just a few hundred yards from an elementary school," said Mayor Elaine Gennawey. "This is a public safety tragedy waiting to happen and we will do everything in our power to prevent this from occurring."

The county's idea caused some residents to express anger, suggest other locations for the shelters — and to take digs at their much larger neighbor to the north: Los Angeles.

"This freaks me out. I moved to O.C. because I thought it would be a safe place. Now it's getting more and more like L.A.," said Rob Howard, an office manager in Irvine. "Who wants tons of traffic, high prices and all kinds of unwanted people around you?"

Ann Huang, a computer programmer in Laguna Niguel, said: "When we think of a homeless crisis, we think of an urban environment that's overcrowded and full of noise and chaos. You don't think of it happening in a place like O.C."

Huang added: "I understand that we should be sensitive to needy people. But definitely, I'm going to fight any kind of facility that's close to our towns and kids."

Some Orange County residents said they supported moves to help the homeless — as long as they were moved somewhere else.

"Finally, the county is taking action — doling out this kind of money. But they must understand that they can use this money to go buy land elsewhere, maybe the Inland Empire, to relocate the homeless," said Mark Smith, a Huntington Beach renter looking to buy a home near Pacific Coast Highway. "We just can't lower our housing values with this population nearby,"

The Board of Supervisors' vote is part of an effort to wrestle with a growing homeless problem in Orange County.

After a rare federal court hearing Saturday, Orange County officials agreed to extend motel stays "on a case-by-case basis" to homeless people removed from encampments along the Santa Ana River.

The daylong hearing and negotiations marked the latest chapter of an effort by officials, homeless advocates and a federal judge to improve the situation for a growing homeless population in one of the most affluent counties in the U.S.

But as the vote by the supervisors on housing the homeless shows, it's unlikely the plans will please everyone.

Supervisor Shawn Nelson said county officials have limited options.

"I thought it made more sense to have a manageable plan before we start clearing the riverbed homeless population, but no one cooperated," he said. "Everyone points to somewhere else. Every community thinks we ought to solve this crisis, and every community thinks, 'Why not go to another spot?' "

The housing issue took center stage Monday after homeless advocates criticized county officials for not having a plan to help the more than 700 people moved from the Santa Ana River trail encampment into motels last month. Because motel vouchers were only available for 30 days, critics questioned where the homeless would go when they expired.

Smith, the Huntington Beach renter, said he's been reading social media posts about the county's housing plan for the homeless.

"All my friends are saying online that we've got to organize something to go to the supervisors meeting and speak our minds," he said. "We can't let them act on this. Citizens coming together can be powerful."

Last year, Nelson suggested opening temporary shelters at Huntington Beach and Irvine sites — but the other supervisors were opposed.

"Some people are creating a false narrative that these cities are being picked on. But we only have a short list of locations we can use," he said, adding that the Irvine location is not surrounded by residential neighborhoods.

"No one on this board takes glee in making this decision. But we have to have a place for people to go to," Nelson said. "We are exiting these people out of the riverbed with no options for them, and we're obligated to step up."

duck660

Reaction score
Are OC supervisors elected or appointed officials? OC residents need to seriously consider who they vote for. Perhaps you are outnumbered by illegal voters and/or aliens? Spent 30+ years of my life in OC. Sad to see the demise.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Some O.C. residents: We want to help the homeless — just don't put them in our neighborhoods
By ANH DO
MAR 21, 2018 | 5:40 PM

S44MMMNO2ZBQ7DEKKRCGAH4LZM.jpg

Donahue Farrow works on a bike on the balcony of his motel room. He's staying at the motel with a 30-day voucher from the Santa Ana riverbed cleanup but doesn't know what he'll do after his 30 days are up. (Maria Alejandra Cardona / Los Angeles Times)

One day after Orange County supervisors voted to spend more than $70 million to house the homeless, residents in three prosperous cities expressed alarm about a proposal to set up "camp" shelters in their communities.

Besides creating permanent housing, the officials' plans call for possible camps in Irvine, Laguna Niguel and Huntington Beach on county-owned land. The Irvine City Council voted unanimously late Tuesday to sue the county to stop the proposal.

"How does this solve the problem?" Mayor Donald P. Wagner said during a special meeting he organized to respond to the county.

The Laguna Niguel City Council also voted unanimously Tuesday to initiate litigation against the county, citing the county's plan to create a homeless encampment just a few steps from a public library, daycare center and elementary school.

"I am stunned that anyone at the county thought it was a good idea to place 100 homeless individuals in tents that are adjacent to not only a residential neighborhood of young families, but also a daycare center where innocent children play and just a few hundred yards from an elementary school," said Mayor Elaine Gennawey. "This is a public safety tragedy waiting to happen and we will do everything in our power to prevent this from occurring."

The county's idea caused some residents to express anger, suggest other locations for the shelters — and to take digs at their much larger neighbor to the north: Los Angeles.

"This freaks me out. I moved to O.C. because I thought it would be a safe place. Now it's getting more and more like L.A.," said Rob Howard, an office manager in Irvine. "Who wants tons of traffic, high prices and all kinds of unwanted people around you?"

Ann Huang, a computer programmer in Laguna Niguel, said: "When we think of a homeless crisis, we think of an urban environment that's overcrowded and full of noise and chaos. You don't think of it happening in a place like O.C."

Huang added: "I understand that we should be sensitive to needy people. But definitely, I'm going to fight any kind of facility that's close to our towns and kids."

Some Orange County residents said they supported moves to help the homeless — as long as they were moved somewhere else.

"Finally, the county is taking action — doling out this kind of money. But they must understand that they can use this money to go buy land elsewhere, maybe the Inland Empire, to relocate the homeless," said Mark Smith, a Huntington Beach renter looking to buy a home near Pacific Coast Highway. "We just can't lower our housing values with this population nearby,"

The Board of Supervisors' vote is part of an effort to wrestle with a growing homeless problem in Orange County.

After a rare federal court hearing Saturday, Orange County officials agreed to extend motel stays "on a case-by-case basis" to homeless people removed from encampments along the Santa Ana River.

The daylong hearing and negotiations marked the latest chapter of an effort by officials, homeless advocates and a federal judge to improve the situation for a growing homeless population in one of the most affluent counties in the U.S.

But as the vote by the supervisors on housing the homeless shows, it's unlikely the plans will please everyone.

Supervisor Shawn Nelson said county officials have limited options.

"I thought it made more sense to have a manageable plan before we start clearing the riverbed homeless population, but no one cooperated," he said. "Everyone points to somewhere else. Every community thinks we ought to solve this crisis, and every community thinks, 'Why not go to another spot?' "

The housing issue took center stage Monday after homeless advocates criticized county officials for not having a plan to help the more than 700 people moved from the Santa Ana River trail encampment into motels last month. Because motel vouchers were only available for 30 days, critics questioned where the homeless would go when they expired.

Smith, the Huntington Beach renter, said he's been reading social media posts about the county's housing plan for the homeless.

"All my friends are saying online that we've got to organize something to go to the supervisors meeting and speak our minds," he said. "We can't let them act on this. Citizens coming together can be powerful."

Last year, Nelson suggested opening temporary shelters at Huntington Beach and Irvine sites — but the other supervisors were opposed.

"Some people are creating a false narrative that these cities are being picked on. But we only have a short list of locations we can use," he said, adding that the Irvine location is not surrounded by residential neighborhoods.

"No one on this board takes glee in making this decision. But we have to have a place for people to go to," Nelson said. "We are exiting these people out of the riverbed with no options for them, and we're obligated to step up."
No, there is no obligation to step up. These dirt bags put themselves in this situation. It is nobodies obligation but their own to get out of it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Agree. I wonder what some of those hotel rooms are going to look like when these people leave.

No, there is no obligation to step up. These dirt bags put themselves in this situation. It is nobodies obligation but their own to get out of it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

boatpi

Reaction score
I have lived in HB for over 30 years. this will go to court soon. The least expensive house in HB on the market today is $725.000 for a 1,100 sq. foot 1960's rehab. Good thing is we have a great PD, and two airships that are up 20 hours a day.

Carrera205

Reaction score
they will literally be coming in droves now. Its gona be magnet. I cant believe anyone in Irvine of all places agreed to this.

Tank

Reaction score
It literally pays to be a criminal, illegal citizen, or now vagrant in CA.. lol. This is crazy!

Here's the largest problem too - there's a HUGE difference between homeless and vagrants.

When these projects are proposed the bleeding heart tax payers get a warm and fuzzy feeling that they're not only helping the downtrodden but they're also cleaning up the streets from the plague of vagrants..WIN / WIN right??!! WRONG!

Homeless are people that are down on their luck (lost their job, medical issues, lost their house, etc) and need a hand up getting back on their feet. Usually want to get back to work and providing for their family and are RECEPTIVE TO ASSISTANCE.

Vagrants are the dirty drug and alcohol addicts and mentally ill that you usually see out and about (the guy in the photo of this article). They're the ones in the tent cities, down in river bottoms and under bridges. They are 9 times out of 10 RESISTIVE TO ASSISTANCE.

So projects like this will not clean up the streets. And while they do offer assistance to those that need the help and that is AWESOME! Unfortunately there is so much abuse and fraud of programs like this with nearly no accountability that it is almost a lost cause. when you hand out free money, housing, school and medical to someone with no end date, no real restrictions that will be followed up on and no accountability, there's going to be problems. Why would someone that is on welfare, in public housing and getting free school / medical want to go out and get a job, where they will then have to most likely pay for medical / school and housing eventually. There's just no insentive to move forward from getting hand outs. It's the old saying in real time - give a man a fish / teach a man to fish....Why would people ever want to have to go fish when they get the fish for free?

And once again....thank Brown, the leadership in this state and the Ca voters for AB109, Prop 47, Prop57, Prop 36. Flooding the street with criminals, vagrants and addicts

There's hope to change it around though...get out there and VOTE!!
https://jointravisallen.com/

Last edited:

Meaney77

Reaction score
Interesting read of the article. As I read through it, I cant help but see many of the stuck up OC housewives and yuppies cringing at the fact that this could be the new reality for them and their communities. I think we all get it, none of us want this in any of out neighborhoods regardless of where you live. Not sure what the answer is, maybe relocate them to Palmdale/Lancaster with a portion of the $70 Mill. Land is cheap and maybe their is more opportunity or create more oppurtunity for them out there.

Also find it interesting that it appears there are several people against this happening in OC however where are these people when it comes to the ICE Raids and DACA issues? You dont want homeless people in your neighborhoods (but other than people in Los Alamitos) you are willing to accept the Sanctuary status and not support ICE Raids.