WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Lavey 24 walk through open bow.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Customers (at least one) are finally figuring out if you want one built for you to pick up in the spring its probably best to start it in the fall.

A couple of iterations on the lines had Gelcoater laying then ripping up tape, customer wanted more severe angles to them and you can see the tape line on the port and starboard changed in one pict.

Not quite out of the mold yet, but still in it in phases - should be a real sweet ride.

UD

Attachments

• IMG_4692.jpg
    IMG_4692.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_4693.jpg
    IMG_4693.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_4691.jpg
    IMG_4691.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_4744 (1).jpg
    IMG_4744 (1).jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_4696.jpg
    IMG_4696.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 319

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
Does Lavey strill offer Q1 pricing for this?

I think it was $77k, OTD, Mag HO, blah, blah, blah???

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Does Lavey strill offer Q1 pricing for this?

I think it was $77k, OTD, Mag HO, blah, blah, blah???

I'm at Lavey now.

Chris says that price (77k) is plus tax,etc,power is a Mag, not HO, on an Extreme trailer.

If you're somewhat local you should swing by and check things out :thumbsup

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
Feckin hell. I was just in the area on business this morning. Actually Victorville, but that?s closer than Oregon. 😔 darn the bad timing...

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Feckin hell. I was just in the area on business this morning. Actually Victorville, but that?s closer than Oregon.  darn the bad timing...

Yeah. Victorville isn't exactly "close" to Corona, but a hell of a lot closer than Oregon.:)

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Upper ready to pop and bottom being laid up with 2nd and 3rd skin.

UD

Attachments

• IMG_4838.jpg
    IMG_4838.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_4843.jpg
    IMG_4843.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 300

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
Hey UD

Is that the inner liner tool for the 24 in the upper left of pic
top.jpg ?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
No, good eye.

that is an inner liner for a custom project we have been working on since Jan. Heres a pict of the first liner released from it.

The 24 closed bow uses the the fiberglass cockpit floor pan from the 2750, shown here just cracked from the mold still needing clean up.

UD

Attachments

• IMG_4422.jpg
    IMG_4422.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_2564 (1).jpg
    IMG_2564 (1).jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 307

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
My favorite Walk through open bow 24 so far is Quents with an Ilmor 710

He really went all out on it. I lifted this gelcoat scheme for my 2750 (with permission)

I love this blue silver combo - too hot for havasu/ desert running, but in the midwest or off season it works well.

UD

Attachments

• Quents 24.jpg
    Quents 24.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 328
  • Quents 24 Lavey .jpg
    Quents 24 Lavey .jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 329

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
My favorite Walk through open bow 24 so far is Quents with an Ilmor 710

He really went all out on it. I lifted this gelcoat scheme for my 2750 (with permission)

I love this blue silver combo - too hot for havasu/ desert running, but in the midwest or off season it works well.

UD

How does this boat compare to yours performance wise?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
How does this boat compare to yours performance wise?

It was a bit faster - best I got out of mine was 90 in the winter with the radar arch off and a partial load but the wheel killed all the low and midrange.

I think quent said he'd regularly take at least 4 out with fuel and hit 92 all day -all the time and was able to prop up a bit and get near 95 out of it- but didnt want to keep repairing thinned out props so settled with a good all round prop.

My rig as loaded up as it is with conveniences (radar chart plotter /ais / sonar/AC/ multiple batteries huge amps) is a mid 80's boat most of the year high 80's in the winter, 83-5ish in summer with reasonable load 4 guys big ice chests and 3/4 or more full - mine holds a true 100 pre epa restriction.
It has the range to easily do catherine's to hoover dam and back at 50-75 all day no fuel up and still have well over a quarter tank when you get back.
You can really notice a difference with 75 gallons of gasoline there and gone.

A 28 Evo is faster yet and will run a 100 with a light layup and a 710.

UD

Gelcoater

Reaction score
No, good eye.

that is an inner liner for a custom project we have been working on since Jan. Heres a pict of the first liner released from it.

The 24 closed bow uses the the fiberglass cockpit floor pan from the 2750, shown here just cracked from the mold still needing clean up.

UD

To clarify.. That top pic is the liner of the custom job they're doing. Notice the color of the part coming from the mold is a cream colored gel finish.

The lower pic is the liner section for the 24. Like Dave says it from the 2750 deck, and the deck and inner liner on the 2750 are one complete mold. So just that section of the deck is laminated. That's why it has that rough edge compared to the pic above with a defined end/flange.

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
I?d like to see how the floor liner goes in place in the mold before the deck goes on.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Don't think I have exactly the shot you are looking for.
Heres a shot of it installed in the boat during rigging.

The core team are great builders but lousy photographers.
The guys in shop couldn't shoot a photo series to save their asses to tell any kind of complete story.
They would miss a UFO landing in their parking lot, or bigfoot if it walked through the shop.

UD

Attachments

• IMG_2732.jpg
    IMG_2732.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 300

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
Thanks UD & GC.

Another question. It looks as though the open bow deck tool in this thread, allows for an opening into the mid cabin from cockpit (under the steering wheel) whereas the closed bow has glass all the way to the floor liner, just under the steer wheel. Am I seeing that correctly? Are there two different deck tools?

Rob

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Thanks UD & GC.

Another question. It looks as though the open bow deck tool in this thread, allows for an opening into the mid cabin from cockpit (under the steering wheel) whereas the closed bow has glass all the way to the floor liner, just under the steer wheel. Am I seeing that correctly? Are there two different deck tools?

Rob

Yes. A closed deck mold and a walk through open bow mold.

lavey jr

Reaction score
Thanks UD & GC.

Rob

Yes. Like Gelcoater said - the closed bow and open bow 24 NuEra is two different deck molds. With the open bow, it is open in front of the driver/passenger with ample storage in front of each. The closed bow is fiberglass all the way down to the floor liner making it possible to bond the deck to the floor liner making it stronger. Another benefit of having a specific open bow mold is that you aren't cutting open a closed bow boat and adding extra gussets and bulkheads to keep the deck in line and strong. With the specific open bow mold, it's all built as one piece and never cut.

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was confusing myself trying to rotate my tablet to invert the deck tool but just kept spinning it round and round (like a dog chasing its tail). Sheezz...looks like I picked the wrong weekend to quit drinkin?

I went and re-read #1 post in this thread and this is a WTOB and therefore, the floor liner will not be going in this build.

I think I understand now. Closed bow or Mid Cabin Open Bow get the floor liner installed and MCOB is a closed bow with hole cut in the bow whereas the WTOB has a dedicated deck mold. No?

I?m gonna start drinkin? now and watch the World Series.

Rob

lavey jr

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was confusing myself trying to rotate my tablet to invert the deck tool but just kept spinning it round and round (like a dog chasing its tail). Sheezz...looks like I picked the wrong weekend to quit drinkin?

I went and re-read #1 post in this thread and this is a WTOB and therefore, the floor liner will not be going in this build.

I think I understand now. Closed bow or Mid Cabin Open Bow get the floor liner installed and MCOB is a closed bow with hole cut in the bow whereas the WTOB has a dedicated deck mold. No?

I?m gonna start drinkin? now and watch the World Series.

Rob

Yes you are correct:thumbsup

As for a WTOB with a full floor liner - Lavey can build anything that anybody can imagine. Talking with Chris, he says that a full floor liner for a WTOB is absolutely possible for the added cost to make it.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Stringer grid is in and the bottoms being sanded, she's about ready to be born - couple more days.

UD

Attachments

• IMG_4917.jpg
    IMG_4917.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 191

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Seeing new boats come out of the mold never gets old.
Thats a pretty cool piece there hoss.

Every time I think of green I remember the holy guacamole boat which I never liked.

This is something different.

UD

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Not a big fan of green. But the green and greys on this looks damn good. Can’t wait to see what the overall pic looks likes.

Powermizer

Reaction score
Those colors are beautiful, I really like the fade and the design. Nice job!

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Thats a pretty cool piece there hoss.

Every time I think of green I remember the holy guacamole boat which I never liked.

This is something different.

UD
I was sort of skeptical at first too.

Picturing it in my head it was too plain stark green.
He was open to the idea of doing some fade and I think it brought the green from "oh no" to oh my god that looks cool.
Green is a color that can make or break a paint scheme depending how it's used.