WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New RZR4 four-seater

TOBTEK

Reaction score
why u selling the Teryx? I thought you had big plans?

huge plans.... like paying the medicial insurance prem this month. Maybe even the power/gas Co :bash:

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. :(

I was looking forward to hearing how that Trex was treating u

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. :(

I was looking forward to hearing how that Trex was treating u

COME ON DOWN for Ditch Day @ The Dunes..... Fri the 22 GLAMIS. Will have my car out for that. MAY even take it off the trailer :p

here's the video from the Sand Show..
[video=youtube;WB53VfwFa54]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB53VfwFa54[/video]

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Thanks RD, heres more
RZR4_Blu_10_3QRear.jpg

RZR4_Blu_10_3Q1.jpg

RZR4_Blu_10_side.jpg

Engine Type 4-Stroke Twin Cylinder
Displacement 760cc High Output (H.O.)
Top Speed 61 mph (98.2 kph)
Fuel System Electronic Fuel Injection
Transmission/Final Drive Automatic PVT P/R/N/L/H; Shaft
Drive System On-Demand True AWD/2WD
Suspension
Front Suspension
Dual A-Arm, Fox Podium X 2.0 (comp. adjust./res)
12 in (30.5 cm) Travel
Rear Suspension
Dual A-Arm, Rolled with Anti-Sway Bar
Fox Podium X 2.0 (comp. adjust./res) 12 in (30.5 cm) Travel
Brakes
Front Brakes Hydraulic Disc with Dual-Bore Front Calipers
Rear Brakes Hydraulic Disc
Tires and
Wheels
Front Tires 26 x 9-12; Maxxis®* Bighorn®*
Rear Tires 26 x 12-12; Maxxis Bighorn
Wheels Cast Aluminum Black Bruiser
Dimensions/Capacities
Wheelbase 103 in (261.6 cm)
Dry Weight 1,255 lbs (569.3 kg)
Length/Width/Height 130 in/60.5 in/75 in (330.2 cm/153.7 cm/190.5 cm)
Fuel Capacity 7.25 gal (27.4 ltr)
Bed Box Dimension/Capacity 42 in x 22 in/300 lbs (106.7 cm x 55.9 cm/136.1 kg)
Hitch Towing Rating 1,500 lbs (680.4 kg)
Cargo System Lock & Ride®
Ground Clearance 11.5 in (29.2 cm)
Hitch/Type Standard Receiver
FEATURES
Instrumentation
Digital Gauge, Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Tripmeter, Hour Meter,
Gear Indicator, Fuel Gauge, Hi-Temp/Low-Batt Lights, DC Outlets (2)
Colors
Colors Painted Boardwalk Blue/Pearl White w/ Robby Gordon Off-Road Graphics
so what does something like this cost?and how much horsepower does it have to push around that 1255lb.dry weight?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
so what does something like this cost?and how much horsepower does it have to push around that 1255lb.dry weight?

I would wager you could get it as it sits from about $14K OTD.
I forget the HP,, around 58 I think, or I'm really close.
The regular S is amazing to drive.

If ya dune it 4 psi all around, and Crow/Simpson 5 point belts and you are good to go.

Yamaha is on their 3 year of talking up their 4 passenger. Haven't seen anything from them at all.

Yamaha and Honda used to be the big innovators bringing all kinds of cool stuff to market.
Remember the Pilot/Oddessy?
Honda used to be eager to please with great products.

But,, nothing so far, just further rumors.

Our local Yamaha dealer just cut everyone's hours in half, and went from a 7 day a week operation to a 5 day schedule.
Our Polaris dealer has expanded hours and days of operation.

Saw the same dealio when the Kawasaki Jet Ski got blindsided.
Bombardier caught them napping,, steam rolled them with the Sea Doo,, and hasn't looked back.

Got no choice, if ya want performance and innovation,,, ya run with what is offered, not rumors.

Ron Seidner, owner of Berts, stopped by our campsite at Dumont and said "he can't keep rzrs on the floor."
"I have a standing order I'll take all the factory will supply me".
Judging by the Rhino fans takes, must be Rzrs parked all up and down Vaseline alley.

Might just be sales gloss,, hell I dunno.

Last edited:

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
I have a Rhino converted to a 4 seater that we leave at Echo. Works perfect to go to the Falls and Dunes behind Echo. It has more then 125 hours and almost 2k miles on it. It went through a drive shaft coupler (thanks to all the driving we do in the water) and exhaust packing. Both covered under extended warranty. Almost everyone in our crew has Rhinos. I got to drive a RZRs over New Years at Echo and fell in love with it. Then I went on the forums and started to look at all the problems people were having with their RZRs. I have gone to 3 dealers and they want $15,500 otd with the warranty. Throw some belts, under armor, and lights and you are at 16k.... Ouch.... I may just sit on the sidelines and see what I can pick up a used Rhino for as more people go with the RG 4 RZR.

jetboatmatt

Reaction score
Will this 4 seater fit in a 25 foot weekend warrior lite????

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Will this 4 seater fit in a 25 foot weekend warrior lite????

I would think so.
My 4-seater Rhino - with light bar - fits into my 23 foot Stellar, no problem. I've got dual queen drop-down bunks in the rear and have no clearance issues. I can't imaging this is gonna be as large as a 4-seater Rhino...

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Nice. Is that yours???

No can do. Wish I could go. NO time off. No rest for the weary..:(

Yes, thats my 2009 with 10 hours on it....and as always FORSALE..... out of need not wants this time. The car came out :boobeyes:

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
A buddy of mine took the RZ-4 out over thanks giving and said nothing but good things about it. 4 adults running through the desert at over 60mph and soaking up the whoops very well. Him and the west coast polaris rep beat the hell out of them and nothing but good things to say.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Nice
did they give indication how it compared performance wise compared to 2 seat RZRS

A buddy of mine took the RZ-4 out over thanks giving and said nothing but good things about it. 4 adults running through the desert at over 60mph and soaking up the whoops very well. Him and the west coast polaris rep beat the hell out of them and nothing but good things to say.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
You can get the Vent Racing Rhino style 4 seat conversion set-up for the Rzr S:
mini-IMGP5003-1.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You can get the Vent Racing Rhino style 4 seat conversion set-up for the Rzr S:
mini-IMGP5003-1.jpg

Looks kinda cool.. (although the looks are pretty subjective.. Kinda reminds me of the old Adams family roadster which is why I like it.. LOL)

I'm not sure how it would handle with all that weight up that high?

RD

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Looks kinda cool.. (although the looks are pretty subjective.. Kinda reminds me of the old Adams family roadster which is why I like it.. LOL)

I'm not sure how it would handle with all that weight up that high?

RD

My take too RD,, only the Beverly Hillbillies truck with Granny and Ellie may in the back:
b472f7e0.jpg

The factory 4 seater no doubt the way to go.

Polaris just replaced the tranny in our rzr s under warranty,
They have been really good about covering ALL our rzr's mulligans under warranty.

5 Year warranty was $536 BTW.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

Good to read.
I figured it'll be a steamer.

My kids know to shake the Polaris rep down for hats and shirts when we see him.
Hold that thought if you ever meet him.

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
Heard from the Polaris rep today that they are having record numbers on dealers ordering these things. I would bet seeing these thing hard to get a hold of in the future

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Heard from the Polaris rep today that they are having record numbers on dealers ordering these things. I would bet seeing these thing hard to get a hold of in the future

Now ya got me wanting one. :champagne:

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I had someone I know at a dealership inquire about pricing. They are getting all the money for them, it's going to be hard to find a good deal on one.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I had someone I know at a dealership inquire about pricing. They are getting all the money for them, it's going to be hard to find a good deal on one.

Best deals I've ever been able to find on Rzrs are from Tom at Palmdale supercycles. (661) 273 1533.
I like dealing with him, no gloss or sales crap.

Usually $500 off the MSRP on season, more off-season, and a big break on the extended warranty price.
He sells so many ya get a fresh one outta the box, not a lot weary demo.

Then 25% off all accessories.
Polaris accessories are reasonable priced to begin with, are endless in what they offer, it's all good clever stuff they offer, and with the big discount ya can't go wrong.

I still think $13 to 14 K for these vehicles is a good price.
I remember when people were balking at $5100 for the Honda Oddessy.
You can almost still get that for a clean Honda Pilot/Oddessy.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Best deals I've ever been able to find on Rzrs are from Tom at Palmdale supercycles. (661) 273 1533.
I like dealing with him, no gloss or sales crap.

Usually $500 off the MSRP on season, more off-season, and a big break on the extended warranty price.
He sells so many ya get a fresh one outta the box, not a lot weary demo.

Then 25% off all accessories.
Polaris accessories are reasonable priced to begin with, are endless in what they offer, it's all good clever stuff they offer, and with the big discount ya can't go wrong.

I still think $13 to 14 K for these vehicles is a good price.
I remember when people were balking at $5100 for the Honda Oddessy.
You can almost still get that for a clean Honda Pilot/Oddessy.

I remember the Pilots were 6K, and Hyndai had just introduced the "Excel" car for 5800 bucks.. LOL I talked to my pops about the Pilot, and his exact words were "That thing costs more then a car!" :D.

they didn't make as many of them as all of these side x sides though.. So they held their value well. That and lets be honest here.. A stock Pilot would pretty much thrash on any of these side x sides right out of the gate in the dunes. If you put long travel on them and everything else a UTV couldn't compete at all.

I am really blown away that Honda doesn't just come out with a performance Side x Side that puts everyone elses to shame.. It is definately in them to do it.

RD
RD

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

It's like any other hot product that's first introduced.
You pay thru the nose to be the first kid on the block with one...and then, once supply overtakes demand, they'll be available at a discount.

At one time, the Chrysler PT Cruisers and Mazda Miatas sold for $5K over sticker...

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I just returned from the river and I stopped by Berts Mega Mall.
Hung out with a few sales guys I've known for over 15 years.

They report Berts has no new Rhinos, and none on order, and no intentions of ordering.
They have a supply of Teryx's but expect it to be the next line to fall.

If you are willing to wait a couple weeks, they can sell you the Rzr S 4 seater for MSRP, about $14K.
Berts asked for 100, Polaris promised them 30 and they have a waiting list,, but can still deliver one.

They have the 2 seat Rzr S in stock and will deal on the price.

They also have a good supply of nice condition (used of course) Honda Pilot/Odysseys from about $8 grand each average,, and are selling them no problem.

They told me repos are at an alarming rate.
They know this because the banks charge-back the dealer and sales person some sort of vig and they see it deducted from their paychecks.

The 2 year low payment with a balloon at the end was the kicker.
People took advantage of it,, then cash out the value of the extended warranty,,, then let the bank come get it.

BTW:
Ron, owner of Berts, recently got outta the hospital after stuffing his M/C at the dunes.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
you can buy a 4 seater RZR-s for 14K? I figured they'd be more like 18K..

RD

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

RD

Seems light when they were saying the standard 4 seater was that much...

If they are indeed that price I could see myself grabbing one in a year or so. Better buggy for the whole family and I still think it might fit in the hauler

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

RD

They pointed out the Terys with the 4 seat conversions were going for just under 19K,, and figure the Long travel, peppier Rzr 4 for $14 k will easily out sell it.

They also told me the $18.000 260 HP Sea Doo PWC can easily be ground down to $11K with good financing.

They simply don't clean the goop from some of the decals they peel off,, and call it scratch and dent on the strength of that.
No damage beyond stick-um that some WD 40 would take off.

Sea Doo is out selling the Kawai because of pricing.
The Kawai the better machine,, but the $7 K cost more seals the deal for the Bombardier I'm told.

Honda watercraft buyers purchase mostly because Honda is a household name they trust. And get hosed on the price they added.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Seems light when they were saying the standard 4 seater was that much...

If they are indeed that price I could see myself grabbing one in a year or so. Better buggy for the whole family and I still think it might fit in the hauler

It's what they told me. They could be talking through their ass,, so I'd wait and see first.
I didn't see any on the floor with a sticker or price tag on them.

Believe it when ya see it. But sales of all their lines of ATV's, M/C's and watercraft are appallingly bad and they may hold out for more.
I'd wager if sales take off they will be more for awhile.

But they told me it's MSRP priced $1000 over the 2 seat S which is flirting with $13 K.

They added the real Polaris phenom is:
Used Rzr S they ask $500 less than new, will deal another $500 off that,, and they sell within days of hitting the sales floor.

They wouldn't tell me how they end up with used ones.
I asked if they are repos,, no answer.

"We throw a cheap radio in it and suddenly it's more attractive" friend Dave told me.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
the first video you posted of that jump was bad ass. I wen to show I to a friend and poof?

RD

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
the first video you posted of that jump was bad ass. I wen to show I to a friend and poof?

RD

[video=youtube;Z3l7pJWSHQs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3l7pJWSHQs[/video]

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;VZQ_Sg2WP_E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZQ_Sg2WP_E&feature=fvsr[/video]

In the Snow:
[video=youtube;60TMRM4076c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60TMRM4076c&NR=1[/video]

Kawasaki Has the best motor.
A little juicing the Ignition and FI and it's a steamer, and very reliable.
Especially since Kawai addressed the cooling system issues.

The Teryx reps told the dealers at it's intro that it was to compete with the Rzr.
It's too tall, too heavy, too clunky and $5K away from being anything most want.

Kawai let the PWC market get taken over by the Canadians 30 to 1, and the SxS market taken over by the Americans too.
Who-da-thunk-it?

Never thought I'd see anything like this.

Last edited:

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Hey TPC.

We went ahead and pulled the trigger on a white 2010 RZRS on Saturday. (2 seater)

The wife liked that idea better. She prefers turn-key dealios over money pits that I have to work on.:p

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Hey TPC.

We went ahead and pulled the trigger on a white 2010 RZRS on Saturday. (2 seater)

The wife liked that idea better. She prefers turn-key dealios over money pits that I have to work on.:p

You're going to love it. :thumbsup Drive it a bit and give us your review.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Hey TPC.

They ride like a magic carpet even in the most rutted conditions.
You'll love it.

You're going to love it. :thumbsup Drive it a bit and give us your review.

Yep :thumbsup

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Can't wait. I was gonna stop on the way home and take it for a spin but my kid was sick :(

I've already ridden in my buddies rzrs on the same trip as driving my rhino. Hence the purchase ;)

Plus i hot lapped my street already. :D

I think I'm gonna like it :thumbsup

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Can't wait. I was gonna stop on the way home and take it for a spin but my kid was sick :(

I've already ridden in my buddies rzrs on the same trip as driving my rhino. Hence the purchase ;)

Plus i hot lapped my street already. :D

I think I'm gonna like it :thumbsup

Ya got the extended warranty,,, right???

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
No. I'll have that voided with all the changes I'm gonna make anyway:D. Even the dealer agreed lol

if it breaks I'll just suck it up.

Ya got the extended warranty,,, right???

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
No. I'll have that voided with all the changes I'm gonna make anyway:D. Even the dealer agreed lol

When it breaks I'll just suck it up.

Fixed it for you. :skull

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

if it breaks I'll just suck it up.

I don't think I'd buy a Razor without buying the warranty.. They break all the time even when they are stock?

RD

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I don't think I'd buy a Razor without buying the warranty.. They break all the time even when they are stock?

RD

Seems the aftermarket stuff doesn't break, it's the stock items.

The early S suffers from axels coming outta the diff.
The fix is a new diff and axles.
Warranty covers it.

The 8 count white coil-over springs snap and break. I have the 14 count red ones.

Some trans issues:
Gear shafts snaps, snap rings shatter causing gears to grind and puke:
IMG_3053.jpg

Unit shifts outta 4 wheel drive if the very light flowing factory front diff fluid isn't used.

Contamination may leak in through incorrectly tightened multi-piece intake duct wasting the piston rings.
Their is an up-graded intake duct bulletin; supplied and installed free.

All the above covered by warranty.

Axels may break from jumping.
The trick is to give it no throttle while airborne or when it's landing.

Gorilla makes a tougher set of axles,, and their is another company that make an even tougher set of axles than Gorilla.

Teething pains all of them.
The replacement parts are noticeably stronger and improved.

Word from the Polaris guys on the forums all the above is being addressed on the 2011 Rzr s.
And even more power is rumored. Read that; Rumored.

Some transmission parts are now drop forged and machined rather than just cast and buzzed. + Some design improvements.
Spot welds are now more often Tig welds where possible.
Shifts much easier, thicker, stronger snap rings stay put in a deeper machined groove and don't break as easy.
-We're told.

I'd wager with confidence that the above mulligans pop up in maybe 1 in 30 Rzrs out there, judging by the takes on the Rzr forums.
The thing is, there are a lot of Rzr S's out there, so it looks like a lot are having issues.

Most the regular forum posting people,,,, hell the overwhelming majority on the Rzr forums report no issues at all.
And some of them run them hard, live in areas where they drive them all the time, have thousands of hours on them.

People that post that live in Dubai and U.A.E. use the rzr S as daily drivers.
The export Rzr S's have electric un-locking differentials for street use, and optional right-hand drive is available too.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The Spys on the Polaris forums are reporting a 4 valve per cylinder Rzr cam shaft is being produced by the vendor.
Eye witness Rzr fanatic says it's so.

These guys have been accurate calling it in the past.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Starting to appear in garages near you:

CIMG1398-1.jpg

CIMG1396-1.jpg

photos by grant

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;U4kr9YEaSwc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4kr9YEaSwc[/video]

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Hey TPC did you buy one of these?

If so, how do you like it??

My friends dad bought one. Haven't heard from him yet on how he likes it. Hoping the next time I see him I'll take it for a spin.

screaming pete

Reaction score
i was talking to the guys a lake Havasu and there getting 8 of them week .. :thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Damn!!! I thought they'd be a hot seller, but 8 a week?

RD