WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Off to Michigan to pick up a boat

Jimmy

Reaction score
Go in midsummer RD. Lake Michigan is beautiful. Get up to the Traverse City area. Probably 90 miles north of Skater HQ. You will love it up there and if you can find a boat or someone with a boat, you'll really love it.:p
Yeah we went to Sliverlake city, there was toons everywhere and they have some wicked dunes up there too.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Landed in Chicago and grabbed the connecting flight across the lake to Grand Rapids, the Weather deteriated and we were within sight of the airport and we got waved off, we went back up and back to Chicago. Waiting on a weather window to open up.

Singleton

Reaction score
Landed in Chicago and grabbed the connecting flight across the lake to Grand Rapids, the Weather deteriated and we were within sight of the airport and we got waved off, we went back up and back to Chicago. Waiting on a weather window to open up.
Going to be a long day. I have 2 team members in Cleveland and they both were notified that their outbound flights late this afternoon have been delayed and they better prep for staying until Sunday morning.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Been setting in the air plane for 1 1/5 hrs trying to take off in Detroit. F’ing weather and shitty plane.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Winter flights in the Great Lakes region can be long and trying from weather delays.....Used to fly in and out of the entire area on business and do not miss it.

underpressure

Reaction score
Yep, one of the worst weeks of my life was a night spent in Chicago due to weather delays...

I knew when after checking into the hotel that the airline they bussed us to, asked the desk clerk behind the bulletproof glass if there was some place nearby to grab something to eat, and his response was "sir, you should just stay in your room until the bus gets here in the morning"! Umm, ok I understand...

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
826B1FE6-0AC4-4BC2-8680-4F4BF0C8B8CE.jpeg
There was a break in the weather and the pilot was able to get us into Grand Rapids. Took in Huber to get the truck and now I am on my way to pick up the boat in a blizzard.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
696653FD-50AD-45FD-954C-DFBEAE43CCB9.jpeg
In Amarillo this morning (like the song), drove 800 miles yesterday and called it a day at 2 am, spent the night in this parking lot in western Oklahoma.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I’ll be in Havasu tonite. If anyone wants a 7.3 Ford this dually I drove back is going to be sold. Not mine but I can put you in touch with the owner. Great truck.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
I’ll be in Havasu tonite. If anyone wants a 7.3 Ford this dually I drove back is going to be sold. Not mine but I can put you in touch with the owner. Great truck.
I think it took me around 10 hours or so from Amarillo to LHC. Safe travels!
Watch your speed coming into Albuquerque. Those hils and curves sneak up on a guy when you're used to straight and flat road.