WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Planning Winter Upgrades - What are you gonna do?

shunter2005

Reaction score
Is it too early to start planning upgrades for the boating off season?

Some upgrades/changes for my 270 this winter. (Sorry for all caps, just pulled it over from my winter to do list)

1. REPLACE TRIM ACTUATOR CABLE
2. INSTALL REMOTE TRANSOM TILT SWITCH
3. INSTALL NEW FARIA GPS SPEEDOMETER
4. INSTALL NEW GAFFRIG CONTROLS WITH BUILT IN TRIM SWITCH
5. INSTALL KILL SWITCH (DOES HALLETT USUALLY INSTALL KILL SWITCHES OR IS IT JUST MY BOAT?)
6. INSTALL NEW HALLETT 270 DECALS
7. NEW BOW COVER SUPPORT POLE
8. RE-ALIGN POWER STEERING PUMP
9. NEW BUNK BOARDS AND CARPET FOR TRAILER.
10. ADD FRONT LADDER TO TRAILER

Should keep me busy for a while this winter. If all that gets done, I do have some other small things and I'm sure I will find other things to change to get her up to snuff.

HavaToon

Reaction score
Buy a new boat, possibly two with any luck.

Singleton

Reaction score
First I have to fix
Stuff to Fix
1. Gas Gauge - starboard side connector issue
2. Trim fluid leak
3. Water temp gauge - all over the place - connector issue
4. Port trim tab - seems to go up slower then starboard
5. Replace blower hose
6. Fix jump seats

Then the following will get addressed
Upgrades
1 - Update interior - 2018 project
2 - Bimini (new canvas / straps)
3 - replace LED's with clear LED's on trailer and watertight connections
4 - upgrade stereo (deck, amps, speakers)
5 - cap bow
6 - figure out rub rail - stainless or end caps

shunter2005

Reaction score
Looks like we aren't going to be able to get much more time in at the lake this fall. Getting my wife through cancer stuff and Hurricane Harvey and junk it left in the lake, I may not be out and about much from this point forward. So, guess I have to start planning for more upgrades. I am just wondering, does it ever end? Is there ever a time when you just clean your boat at the end of the season, drain the water from the block and put it up till next year? Never seems that way to me. I seem to just keep finding more shit to do to the boat. I still have a few of the 2016 upgrades to take care of, that I didn't get to last year, plus some new ones for this year.

Leftover 2016 upgrades:
1. Install the transom tilt switch and rewire tilt to be hot all the time. (Put it off cause I didn't have the cajones to drill a hole in my pretty fiberglass.)
2. Install a kill switch (Still wondering why Hallett didn't put kill switch on this boat when rigging) (Same reason)
3. Fabricate a new boat ladder for front of trailer and install
4. Replace the last 2 trailer tires. (Hopefully, going to hit the road and visit some new lakes next year when my wife retires.)

New Stuff for 2017 to do:
1. Install my new IMCO exhaust manifolds and risers
2. Install all new LED trailer lights and rewire connections to make waterproof (A big thanks to Budman for finding some lighting ideas for me last year.)
3. Converting the trailer from surge disc brakes to Electric over Hydraulic.
4. Remove the existing trailer guide posts, re-do the carpet and possibly lengthen posts before reinstall. (They are stuck solid. Time for some heat!!!)
5. Look for new prop - Looking at a Hill Marine Pleasure 5 21p or 23p (5 blade). Any thoughts, pro or con?
6. Also some miscellaneous bling shit.

What are you guys doing this year?

renodaytona

Reaction score
Pulling the drive and engine out of mine soon.

1. Rebuild Motor
2. Rebuild or Replace drive
3. Re-do wiring
4. Flo Coat bilge
5. Buff and polish
6. New carpet
7. GPS Speedo
8. New trailer bunks and carpet

kiethco

Reaction score
New carpet
New fuel management system

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
My goal
Have Extreme redo the trailer and paint silver
All new gauges
And possibly but prolly not happen do CMI headers

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Just changed out the stock Merc controls for this Dana Side Mount w/new cables... very sweet, waited way too long for that upgrade!!!

Next week doing the Imco Super Fuel Valve ... another much needed upgrade

and a front main seal

Then off to Lavey for some gel and interior repair

Time for some new accessories, starting to show her age

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_622.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_622.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_3466.JPG
    IMG_3466.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_3463.JPG
    IMG_3463.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Motor is out, 454 is going to become a 496

Upgrade steering

3 year resto is close to being finished

NicPaus

Reaction score
Finally getting around to adding the extended swim platform. Might drag it back to Cobra after that for a couple other things on my list.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Few simple things, rebuilding blower motor, rebuilding drive, new fuel pumps and fuel lines Im sure a few more thing by the time Teague is done with it.

Singleton

Reaction score
Stuff to Fix / upgrade
1. Minor gel repair
2. Fix jump seats (never got done last year)
3. Bimini (new canvas)
4. rubrail get end caps painter to match

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Rewire a couple things
Fix trim tab(part already back)
Wife wants an new double bimini

Meaney77

Reaction score
Drop trailer off at Adrenaline for a full overhaul.

Raffit78

Reaction score
Install sub box
Re-wire swim platform camera
Add a 3rd battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
-Fix gel. (Came in hot on a dock with a current, my wife chose her wrist over gel
- 3 new batteries. 2 cranking and adding a 2nd battery for radio
- Adreneline for trailer maintenance and repair.

shunter2005

Reaction score
Looks like we aren't going to be able to get much more time in at the lake this fall. Getting my wife through cancer stuff and Hurricane Harvey and junk it left in the lake, I may not be out and about much from this point forward. So, guess I have to start planning for more upgrades. I am just wondering, does it ever end? Is there ever a time when you just clean your boat at the end of the season, drain the water from the block and put it up till next year? Never seems that way to me. I seem to just keep finding more shit to do to the boat. I still have a few of the 2016 upgrades to take care of, that I didn't get to last year, plus some new ones for this year.

Leftover 2016 upgrades:
1. Install the transom tilt switch and rewire tilt to be hot all the time. (Put it off cause I didn't have the cajones to drill a hole in my pretty fiberglass.) DONE (it was way easier than I first thought - still have to wire it hot all the time, but it does work)
2. Install a kill switch (Still wondering why Hallett didn't put kill switch on this boat when rigging) (Same reason) NOT DONE YET
3. Fabricate a new boat ladder for front of trailer and install DONE (at powder coater now)
4. Replace the last 2 trailer tires. (Hopefully, going to hit the road and visit some new lakes next year when my wife retires.) DONE

New Stuff for 2017 to do:
1. Install my new IMCO exhaust manifolds and risers DONE
2. Install all new LED trailer lights and rewire connections to make waterproof (A big thanks to Budman for finding some lighting ideas for me last year.) DONE
3. Converting the trailer from surge disc brakes to Electric over Hydraulic. DONE
4. Remove the existing trailer guide posts, re-do the carpet and possibly lengthen posts before reinstall. (They are stuck solid. Time for some heat!!!) NOT DONE (damn things are still stuck. Gonna heat them when trailer goes to paint)
5. Look for new prop - Looking at a Hill Marine Pleasure 5 21p or 23p (5 blade). Any thoughts, pro or con? NOPE (still don't have a clue on a 5 blade prop)
6. Also some miscellaneous bling shit. SOME SHINY STUFF - SOME IN HAND AND SOME ORDERED

What are you guys doing this year?

So, what upgrades/repairs did you actually get to complete this winter?? Got most of mine done, but now I have found a few more things I want to do. It just never ends!!!!!

shunter2005

Reaction score
That platform is huge... I like it... Did you install it or have it done?

NicPaus

Reaction score
That platform is huge... I like it... Did you install it or have it done?
If they had the template for my model I could of installed myself. They have a lot of templates just not the Cobra 260. So I towed it to Phoenix and had them make template and install. Swimplatforms.com they were great to work with and made it work with river trips I had planned. Drive to there shop from Parker was not bad.

shunter2005

Reaction score
If they had the template for my model I could of installed myself. They have a lot of templates just not the Cobra 260. So I towed it to Phoenix and had them make template and install. Swimplatforms.com they were great to work with and made it work with river trips I had planned. Drive to there shop from Parker was not bad.
I like it being big like that. I would like one that has a hidden ladder. I don't like the ladder on mine telescoping and then laying on top of the platform. Under like yours would be ok, but I would really like a hidden ladder.