WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Question about DACA employee?

wet hull

Reaction score
We mostly conduct all our business on federal buildings. To get to our jobs they require Rapid Gate Pass. Comes with a small background check and such. My one rock star employee is a DACA kid come to find out. Not supposed to ask that question in interview. They denied his pass to the job sites and said he cannot work on federal property as he is a illegal alien. He has a SS#, a valid work certificate from the USA, and a drivers license. Clean record. They said he could appeal and maybe get access. Does anybody have any experience with this? Anything specific he should site in his appeal letter? I cannot fire the kid, would be discrimination because he is DACA, cannot give him work because its all on federal land. What a crap situation for him and me. Trying not to make this post a opinion on immigration thing, just a simple question. Thanks in advance for any help.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
You can fire him because he doesn’t meet the qualifications to do the work required ie legal citizen. You will have to try to appeal tho. I showed this to my wife who works in HR and we will see what she says

4Waters

Reaction score
I wouldn't say this is an immigration thing it appears he went through the proper channels and is here legally which I admire him for that, with that said he went through the proper channels and is getting f***** on being able to work. Good luck to the 2 of you hope it gets worked out.

wet hull

Reaction score
You can fire him because he doesn’t meet the qualifications to do the work required ie legal citizen. You will have to try to appeal tho. I showed this to my wife who works in HR and we will see what she says

Thanks. Please let me know what she says

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I would imagine the same, he would no longer be able to perform the job, so.....

But he did mention he was his "one rockstar employee"

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
The kid is 20 years old, will work 24/7 if I let him. Very green but learning so fast. Not a every day find these days!

That's because he wasn't born here. I find that employees born here are lazy as fuck. Born and raised to childhood in another country, they are Rock Stars!

USMC2010

Reaction score
I would imagine the same, he would no longer be able to perform the job, so.....

But he did mention he was his "one rockstar employee"
Probably the answer here

buck35

Reaction score
Do what you can to help the kid out . Years ago we helped a guy in a somewhat similar situation, and he has been gold every since, we stood for him at his citizen hearing and to this day he is one of the hardest working guys I've ever met. And honest to a fault. I'm an orchordist, small peanuts, and this fella is now running a million dollar operation . I'm not sure if he ever sleeps.

wet hull

Reaction score
You can, but I was warned against it. Was told that if they screwed up like dui to murder, I could feel the wrath of that. Not as in anything against me but just a pain in the ass overall.
Sponsor him so he can obtain legal status. Are you still able to do that?[/QUOTE

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Why has he not filed for his citizenship? Isnt he protected from deportation due to DACA?

USMC2010

Reaction score
Why has he not filed for his citizenship? Isnt he protected from deportation due to DACA?
I'm thinking he probably missed the timeframe to do so. I have a coworker who's father was caught and deported, been here for years, now he can't even apply to return for 10 years. He best figure out what's next and quicker than the last 2 years he had as an adult to do so but did not.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
We’re pretty familiar with Rapid Gate as we’re on the military bases and federal building jobs daily. Even being an American citizen it can be a pain in the ass. You’ve got to be sure your people are on the up & up because they’ll rescind those quickly.

I’d be surprised if this guy wouldn’t of been harassed whether DACA was in place or not. Without a Visa he still entered the country at some point illegally. Now he wants to try to get on a federal/military installation? Lmao

Sounds crazy to me to even try and bring unneeded attention to yourself.

wet hull

Reaction score
We’re pretty familiar with Rapid Gate as we’re on the military bases and federal building jobs daily. Even being an American citizen it can be a pain in the ass. You’ve got to be sure your people are on the up & up because they’ll rescind those quickly.

I’d be surprised if this guy wouldn’t of been harassed whether DACA was in place or not. Without a Visa he still entered the country at some point illegally. Now he wants to try to get on a federal/military installation? Lmao

Sounds crazy to me to even try and bring unneeded attention to yourself.

I do not think he was doing anything outlandish. He has a state issued drivers license, Federal issued Social Sec card and yes its real, and his valid work certificate. Good enough for the govt to give him all that but not work on their projects, that Is where I laugh. The only thing I have found is that some Federal jobs where you work directly for the govt you need to be a citizen. We are 3rd party contractor. So confusing either way.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I do not think he was doing anything outlandish. He has a state issued drivers license, Federal issued Social Sec card and yes its real, and his valid work certificate. Good enough for the govt to give him all that but not work on their projects, that Is where I laugh. The only thing I have found is that some Federal jobs where you work directly for the govt you need to be a citizen. We are 3rd party contractor. So confusing either way.

I’m a third party on these jobs as well.

DACA isn’t to be confused with citizenship (I️ know you’re aware of that). It was merely a possible path to it. In reality it was a half assed deal that Obama caved into doing during his 2nd run for POTUS but that’s a whole different topic.

The Fed’s are no joke, as I’m sure you have experience with, and I️ don’t care if it’s a D or an R president they are extremely particular who they let access to on their properties. It’s difficult enough just for a typical American citizen to get on a property let alone somebody here on a special permit.

I️ get it and understand their position. Lots of potential risk nowadays. It sucks for your guy as I’m sure he’s a hard worker and deserving of it but I️ just can’t imagine him being given access with the experiences I’ve had and the rapid pass responsibilities.

Good luck bud. It’s hard to find quality people but hopefully your number two can step up.

comfortably numb

Reaction score
20 years in the States he and all other DACA visitors should have filed for US citizenship by now and this would not be an issue. Good luck with the kid

wet hull

Reaction score

DACA isn’t to be confused with citizenship (I️ know you’re aware of that). It was merely a possible path to it. In reality it was a half assed deal that Obama caved into doing during his 2nd run for POTUS but that’s a whole different topic.

The Fed’s are no joke, as I’m sure you have experience with, and I️ don’t care if it’s a D or an R president they are extremely particular who they let access to on their properties. It’s difficult enough just for a typical American citizen to get on a property let alone somebody here on a special permit.

I️ get it and understand their position. Lots of potential risk nowadays. It sucks for your guy as I’m sure he’s a hard worker and deserving of it but I️ just can’t imagine him being given access with the experiences I’ve had and the rapid pass responsibilities.

Good luck bud. It’s hard to find quality people but hopefully your number two can step up.

Thanks man, I was so excited when Rapid Gate was on its way out early this year. It pains me to Pay $220 a guy for a badge. Looks like they are here to stay now.

wet hull

Reaction score
20 years in the States he and all other DACA visitors should have filed for US citizenship by now and this would not be an issue. Good luck with the kid

I agree 100%, I am on the side of do it right and legally.

buck35

Reaction score

And herein lies the problem., some pieces of govt protect the crimminals while others shun hard working wouldbe citizens...

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
And herein lies the problem., some pieces of govt protect the crimminals while others shun hard working wouldbe citizens...

Actually, the problem begins when you enter the country illegally, DACA or not.

It would be great if they had a fleet of personnel to personally investigate each hard worker but that isn’t possible right now.

The system to come here legally is daunting but that’s because everyone wants to come here. Other countries don’t have our problem because people aren’t trying to go there like they are here.

I’m blessed that I️ was born an American [emoji106]

Havasteve

Reaction score
I would call ICE and see what they recommend.

Find out what the law is then stick to that.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Pretty simple...he doesn't meet the requirements of your particular 100% clientele. Until he does he doesn't get to do any work. You can pay him to sit in the office if you want....lol

wet hull

Reaction score
Pretty simple...he doesn't meet the requirements of your particular 100% clientele. Until he does he doesn't get to do any work. You can pay him to sit in the office if you want....lol

Nope, thats my job:p

buck35

Reaction score
Actually, the problem begins when you enter the country illegally, DACA or not.

It would be great if they had a fleet of personnel to personally investigate each hard worker but that isn’t possible right now.

The system to come here legally is daunting but that’s because everyone wants to come here. Other countries don’t have our problem because people aren’t trying to go there like they are here.

I’m blessed that I️ was born an American [emoji106]
As was I fortunately.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

Exactly what I've always thought. They know, they habe options to correct it, and yet most dont do so. I have little sympathy for those who have never even attempted to gain citizenship.

530RL

Reaction score

Exactly what I've always thought. They know, they habe options to correct it, and yet most dont do so. I have little sympathy for those who have never even attempted to gain citizenship.

Most likely the reason that individual has never applied for citizenship is that he is not eligible. It is nearly impossible for an individual who entered the country illegally, even if brought in by their parents when an infant, including those subject to DACA protection to have become a US Citizen during the historic period of time they were here. It is possible in a few cases, but it is very rare to qualify.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I'm thinking he probably missed the timeframe to do so. I have a coworker who's father was caught and deported, been here for years, now he can't even apply to return for 10 years. He best figure out what's next and quicker than the last 2 years he had as an adult to do so but did not.

I think the last part of your sentence is the most important. As the employee you can't control if the guy takes the proper steps to be here legally regardless of his work ethic. Place of birth does not determine how hard you work. If this guy is as good as the OP claims, he should have been all over applying for legal status regardless of DACA. Sorry, but if you are now here illegally, you can't work for my company unless you are in the LEGAL process of obtaining citizenship. Not the employers fault at all.

dribble

Reaction score
I'm wondering two things.

(1) How does an illegal get a (legitimate) Social Security number.

(2) Get legal status without being sent back to his home country for five years before he can apply?

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Fire him and move on. He had a chance to fix it and did not.

Hullbilly

Reaction score
I'm wondering two things.

(1) How does an illegal get a (legitimate) Social Security number.

(2) Get legal status without being sent back to his home country for five years before he can apply?

Crooked ass politicians pandering to big business, lobbyists, voters etc. violating title 8 and 19 law all in the name of votes is how. Its pathetic how big the USA’s backdoor is