WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Red 20 v drive

low profile

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the 20 v-drive with the arrowhead outline on the deck? Boat is red with white and some blue and yellow stripes. It also has a tunnel ram motor in it. Thought it was for sale some time back.
Thanks

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
I've seen that boat around for years. Belonged to Billy Johnson then John Smith. Used to have a TT engine in it. Not sure who owns it or where it is now.

welldigger00

Reaction score
That boat is on Arrowhead, I just saw it yesterday. It was on castaic I think, and it was for sale. Billy wanted to buy it back, but he was starting up sky park at the time. Some other dude bought it for a really low price I heard.

low profile

Reaction score
That boat is on Arrowhead, I just saw it yesterday. It was on castaic I think, and it was for sale. Billy wanted to buy it back, but he was starting up sky park at the time. Some other dude bought it for a really low price I heard.

Yep
That sounds right...it was advertised on here for about 21k awhile ago.
I'm nowhere near CA but really dug that boat. I'll have to keep an eye on it.
Love the old school tunnel ram!
Is arrowhead a private lake?
I'm at lake of the ozarks....it would be a cool ski boat where we are.
Gotta get one of those Schiada s....might be 1 around here.

welldigger00

Reaction score
Arrowhead is private. That boat was used very hard I believe.

Big D

Reaction score
Saw it run in a ski race on Arrowhead a couple weekends ago. They had her wound up runnin wide open on the last leg of the race!

Attachments

• IMG_6077.jpg
    IMG_6077.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 125

CycloneRacing

Reaction score
This one belongs to my cousin Brian now. He's gonna throw it on next weekend, it's super fun to drive.

That used to be our boat that my brother and I owned. We bought it from Barry Obler without the turbo motor and built the tunnel ram engine it has now. That was a fun boat to drive. We had it going 80-85 at one time.
We built the engine and got it running so we could train for ski racing. We had dreams of re-doing the gel coat(I wasn't a fan of the pink Sorry Barry), new trailer etc. but were a little short on funds especially since we were just young kids still living at our parents house HAHA.

Here are a few pic's of the boat when Barry owned it:
Schiada.jpg

20' Schaida.jpg

Here is a pic of the boat when my brother and I owned it. Those were fun times:
Schiada2.jpg

cabadboy

Reaction score
Hi This is John Marshall and yes, I am the proud owner of the A-12 Schiada. RDP is pretty impressive as I did purchase this boat from an individual that lived out by Castaic Lake in Southern California about 4 years ago. I am the fourth owner of this boat. It was originally owned by the Johnson family and pulled Billy Johnson in the Lake Arrowhead ski races during the 80's. I have been fortunate to meet and get to know Billy Johnson and have had a lot of fun hearing the ski racing stories that go along with this boat. According to Billy, it has raced in the Catalina Ski Race around 10 times and has quite a legacy up in Lake Arrowhead. The boat has been sort of like the free dog, as after I bought it, my wife says to me, we should take it back to its roots. The next thing I know, I am buying a house on Lake Arrowhead and taking the boat back home. Unfortunately, the Lake Arrowhead Water Ski Club is a far cry from its heyday back in the 80's and 90's and there are only about 3 races a season up there. Luckily for me, I have the privilege of pulling my neighbor's son who is one of the top ski racing junior boys in America. It is super fun to be able to get the boat wound up and running at top speed if only for a few laps on a lake that has a 35 mph speed limit. The boat with its current motor setup will run approx 80 - 85 mph at sea level and will run about 70+ mph up in Lake Arrowhead which is at 5100 feet elevation. It has been a joy to own. The only thing I have done to it since buying it was to reroute the way some of the stainless steel braided lines were run and put in a new SS rudder. It gets the valves adjusted, an annual oil change and new water pump impeller each year and that's about it. The boat has never missed a beat in the almost four years I have owned it. I come from an old school V-Drive background and that is what I still enjoy today. I have attached a couple more pictures for you to look at.......

Best,

John
Boat 7.jpg Boat 18.jpg [ATTACH

low profile

Reaction score
John,
It's definitely a cool boat with a great history! I've always liked the 20 v-drives. That one just stood out to me along with the spanjain 20. Love the original gel and although turbos are the thing...I really like that boat with the tunnel ram and updated interior. Very nice. Wasn't the engine put together by Brummett? What are the carbs....650s?
Approximate horsepower? Anyway, great ride!
Nick

cabadboy

Reaction score
Yes Carson put the motor together a few years ago. I've been told the HP is about 500 and the carbs are 650's I believe. Always starts super easy and once warmed up will allow you to just slowly cruise on idle all day without any problems. It's been super fun to have.