WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rhino stereo...

jordy

Banned
Reaction score
Got it done last week and picked it up on Friday. Needless to say, it doesn't suck!!! Went with the SSV pods with 2 pairs of Polk Audio 6 1/2 separates, and a 10" Polk sub, also marine rated. Hooked them up to a 5 channel Infinity amp, and a JL Audio clean sweep so it's just running directly off the Ipod. No head unit at all. The only downside to the setup is it won't charge the Ipod, but we ran it all day with no battery issues.

Pretty simple install that I'm sure any shop could do. It was way more than I could have hoped for. Something about doing 45 mph across the desert and being able to hear the tunes is just cool!!! :beer

Last edited:

jordy

Banned
Reaction score
The subwoofer housing sits over the driveshaft hump, and has 2 cup holders in it, which come in handy if you wanted to put something like a bottle of water in there, when you're crusing. :cool:

There is one knob on the dash that runs the volume. Other than that, I have some velcro on the Ipod case, and have it sitting on the air intake right between the seats to do song selection in case I get tired of the playlist I'm on. Again, better than I ever would have imagined, especially for a Rhino!!! :beer

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Jordy when you have a chance could you post up where the amp is loacted and how it was secured? I have a friend getting ready to step up and di his Rhino iPod only.
Are you planning on adding more battery power?
Looks just right, plenty of sound but not over the top.

Thanks..

jordy

Banned
Reaction score
Jordy when you have a chance could you post up where the amp is loacted and how it was secured? I have a friend getting ready to step up and di his Rhino iPod only.
Are you planning on adding more battery power?
Looks just right, plenty of sound but not over the top.

Thanks..

If you look in the last pic, you can see some big fender style washers, they're for the bolts that hold the amp in. I ended up putting the amp up behind the dash, and bolting it through. We beat on them pretty good on Saturday and nothing moved at all.

I popped in an Odessy battery in the stock location, thinking that somewhere along the line I'd need more, however, when I picked it up on Friday, the stereo ran pretty much on a constant kill for about 2 hours on the stock battery, plus a couple hours it was being installed, before it reached the point it wouldn't start off the stock battery. Much longer than I thought it would make it for sure.

Last edited:

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Thanks I see the washers now. If it will take the pounding there, then that amp is stout. John is looking at that Odessey too, I don't think the stock battery would take the discharge/charge routine for long, and who knows about the Stator.

I am saving my pennies, waiting for some feedback on the Kawasaki.
I usually jump too soon and regret it later, so waiting a couple of months is no big deal.

Boatfloating

100% Pimp 50% Of The Time
Reaction score
Jordy, you went full on trailer queen with your Rhino didn't you....

Kanzalez

Reaction score
so what do you think would happen to our audio systems if you drove it like this... So, I'm holding off on audio. I really was set on doing it but the more extreme i go the more i am thinking PCI headsets with ipod adapter. Cheaper no weight, no battery fuss and less suseptible to the elements. Got the idea from Riverbound.

Attachments

• SideView.jpg
    SideView.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 240
  • Frontal.jpg
    Frontal.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 249

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Yup *****'s must be a v-drive (trailer queen) the stereo would not have survived last weekend in mine either.

OcotillotripJan2508099.jpg

OcotillotripJan2508098.jpg

________
Gay Studs

Last edited:

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
so what do you think would happen to our audio systems if you drove it like this... So, I'm holding off on audio. I really was set on doing it but the more extreme i go the more i am thinking PCI headsets with ipod adapter. Cheaper no weight, no battery fuss and less suseptible to the elements. Got the idea from Riverbound.

Maybe we should get the car to car radio option too :hmm
________
Mexico city hotels

Last edited:

Phat Matt

Box Pimp
Reaction score
I think I would like the option of taking the power washer to them without having to worry about speakers and amps. Would be nice to have tunes, but I can't see it lasting if you get crazy in them.

Boatfloating

100% Pimp 50% Of The Time
Reaction score
Hello Kettle......who was the one at the first sign of rain drops couldnt get their trailer queen back in the trailer fast enough??:rolleyes:

Damn straight..... I'll take tunes over mud any day.....:D

Jordy... Nice pics...