WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

River Cruiser vs. River Tunnel

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
Why are the 70/80s Schiada RCs so much more sought after and more expensive than the RTs? Generally speaking...

Clue me in. I'm trying to learn.

BamBam

Reaction score
Why are the 70/80s Schiada RCs so much more sought after and more expensive than the RTs? Generally speaking...

One reason might be because the only thing they have in common is the non-skid on the deck (literally).
The RT is a modified tunnel v. The RC's you are asking about that hold their value are v-drives (most likely)
The RT's handle completely different than the RC's. V-bottom vs. tunnel.
It comes down to choices and the market is definitely in favor of 21RC V-Drive.

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
I'll pretty much only ever boat in Parker.

What are the benefits of an rc v-drive over an O/B or I/B?

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
You seem to be a Schiada expert around here (I'm new at boating, but my wife's family has a shitloat of Schiadas in Parker). Just thought I'd get an unbiased opinion.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

The 20rt's with Outboard's were designed to be ski training boats with minimal wakes. They work really well as that.

20rc Outboard's are great little all around boats. They do everything well but they are heavy (1200lbs or so) so they aren't the fastest things on the water. Good rough water ski boats, great for just playing too.

I'm not sure what propulsion or sizes you are referring to.

21rt I/O's are notorious for doing weird stuff at high speed. They aren't for everyone or novice boaters if you will.

The 21rc vdrive is pretty much unlike any small boat I've ever driven or owned. With big power they are amazing. Nothing has the same entry or works like one. It's like the CP or a Stoker or a small Daytona. Often imitated but never duplicated. There's just certain boats that "work" if you will.

A true "custom" 21 vdrive could be as custom as you can imagine. Most parts are hand made and aren't off the shelf, then you throw in exotic inlays and big power and you're 250k into building one.

farmo83

Reaction score
I've never ridden in a RC but I do own an I/O RT. I would agree on the top end they take a seasoned hand to drive. However that having been said I love mine. It rides great in rough water, pulls skiers, tubers, and will out run 9/10 boats it comes across(at least on the lake I take it too) ;). I don't have the money for a V drive and I like having a boat with a floor. I would buy an RT again in a heart beat.