WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

River Daves Golf Cart Project

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
So long as it comes out sick when it's done that's all I care about.

If it was a standard lifted cart like he builds all the time it would've been done in 2 weeks.

RD

What about the other people that are having "standard" carts built by him right now and are going through the same thing as you are? I have seen quite a few posts in the multiple threads where board members are trying to get answers on their "2 week" carts ;)

So you are saying that once your cart is done and in your garage, you would have no problem refering neighbors or friends to this guy?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What about the other people that are having "standard" carts built by him right now and are going through the same thing as you are? I have seen quite a few posts in the multiple threads where board members are trying to get answers on their "2 week" carts ;)

So you are saying that once your cart is done and in your garage, you would have no problem refering neighbors or friends to this guy?

I would still buy parts from him, wheels and tires, and if I wanted a lifted limo cart etc.. I'd probably buy one from him, the ones I've seen are pretty damn nice.

Ultimately though I'd stick with bolt on shit though, instead of custom fabricated 1 off stuff.

The reality of it is, is I think Randy got in a little over his head with this whole program, and it turned into a nightmare.. Some better choices absolutely could've been made, and communication could've been a lot better, but I'm happy with the result.

RD

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I would still buy parts from him, wheels and tires, and if I wanted a lifted limo cart etc.. I'd probably buy one from him, the ones I've seen are pretty damn nice.

Ultimately though I'd stick with bolt on shit though, instead of custom fabricated 1 off stuff.

The reality of it is, is I think Randy got in a little over his head with this whole program, and it turned into a nightmare.. Some better choices absolutely could've been made, and communication could've been a lot better, but I'm happy with the result.

RD

Very diplomatic of you. ;)

TOBTEK

Reaction score

RD

Dave for CA State office..... That was the most P/C answer I've ever seen ! :p

Hypnautic

Reaction score
I want..... Randy call me, PM me, send smoke signals... I will stop by Thursday or Friday:thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
On that note.. about 2 more weeks and it should be done! :) :D (seriously)

It's over at Wired For Sound now..

RD

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score

Attachments

• Sat. July 10, '10 019.jpg
    Sat. July 10, '10 019.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 498

TOBTEK

Reaction score
RD.... Please tell me this cart is done.

Nasa built the Space Shuttle in less time !

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RD.... Please tell me this cart is done.

Nasa built the Space Shuttle in less time !

WFS has about 15 hours left of work on it. They completely re-did the suspension / steering / wiring / added a stereo / 12 volt charger integrated / and a host of other things..

They are putting it back together right now, and will let me know this afternoon if I should be taking it to the river this weekend or not.

RD

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
WFS has about 15 hours left of work on it. They completely re-did the suspension / steering / wiring / added a stereo / 12 volt charger integrated / and a host of other things..

They are putting it back together right now, and will let me know this afternoon if I should be taking it to the river this weekend or not.

RD

Why would they have had to do all that work to it??

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm not gonna bash Randy.. At the end of the day he got into a project that was over his head. After spending countless hours trying to figure it out it ended up being a huge money loss for him etc..

Shit happens, we're moving forward. I would still buy parts / wheels and tires / etc.. from him if I needed them. :)

RD

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not gonna bash Randy.. At the end of the day he got into a project that was over his head. After spending countless hours trying to figure it out it ended up being a huge money loss for him etc..

Shit happens, we're moving forward. I would still buy parts / wheels and tires / etc.. from him if I needed them. :)

RD

The code Blue racing of golf cart builds :thumbsup

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
I just picked up a cart yesterday. Took every bit of 2 hours ;)

All I need now are some Raider stickers :skull

No air bags or stereo (yet) but it's pretty fast :D

nice cart ... where did you get it from?

<----- been thinking about getting a golf cart

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score

RD

sucks to hear ... hopefully it'll be complete by this weekend

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Thank you.

From the trailer by the Indian store/smoke shack :D

Macks Golf Carts I think...I have his card somewhere.

Did you have to get a new cart to match your new house or boat?

what was wrong with the DCB cart?:skull;):D

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
Thank you.

From the trailer by the Indian store/smoke shack :D

Macks Golf Carts I think...I have his card somewhere.

Its Macks Golf Carts talked to him last week. Nice guy with some clean carts

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I just picked up a cart yesterday. Took every bit of 2 hours ;)

All I need now are some Raider stickers :skull

No air bags or stereo (yet) but it's pretty fast :D

Nice looking ride. Gas or electric?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure WFS is all done with this now, except for the steering.. I have to go pick it up next week. I could pick it up this week, but don't have time to get up there. :)

RD

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure WFS is all done with this now, except for the steering.. I have to go pick it up next week. I could pick it up this week, but don't have time to get up there. :)

RD

Tell Adam to post some flipping pictures....lol

WFS builds some sick shit and we rarely get a glimpse;):champagne::D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
New front end..

On that note, I'd like to say something about Wired For Sounds customer service.. They finished up all the welds, and put it back together, and didn't have time to have everything re-powdercoated silver. They painted it black, said take it to the river, and we will come out to your house, remove the front end, powder coat, take it back to the river and re-install it.

That is customer service.

RD

Attachments

• airbag9.jpg
    airbag9.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 418
  • airbag8.jpg
    airbag8.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 441
  • airbag7.jpg
    airbag7.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 443
  • airbag6.jpg
    airbag6.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 434
  • airbag3.jpg
    airbag3.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 430
  • airbag2.jpg
    airbag2.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 431
  • airbag1.jpg
    airbag1.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 918

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Wish I had more pictures of it now.. but I'll take them this evening when I pick it up.

Here's some of the pics that I have so far of the stereo while it is being put in.

RD

Attachments

• airbag5.jpg
    airbag5.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 418
  • amp1.jpg
    amp1.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 423
  • amp2.jpg
    amp2.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 425
  • speaker1.jpg
    speaker1.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 420

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Glad you changed up the front. That panhard bar should make it a lot stronger than the two link (LOL) that was on there. I didn't even realize it didn't have shocks on it before...

Did they find a spot for a sub, or just the 4 6.5's?
________
Herbal vaporizers

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Glad you changed up the front. That panhard bar should make it a lot stronger than the two link (LOL) that was on there. I didn't even realize it didn't have shocks on it before...

Did they find a spot for a sub, or just the 4 6.5's?

I dunno to be honest.. LOL I just told Adam to put a stereo in it. :D

"If" we keep it, I'll have him change a bunch of shit down the road..

RD

TOBTEK

Reaction score
So I have to ask..... honestly, would you do this bagged sysp again? Its very cool and trick, but Dangggggg seems like you've jumped through some major hoops getting this cart completed.

Do hope you and your better half get to enjoy it soon! Cart cruises are always good times.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
So let me see if I got this straight, dude takes a year to build this thing? its a POS and wired for sound cuts all that shit off and makes it right in a month?

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Thats what it sounds like to me.

So let me see if I got this straight, dude takes a year to build this thing? its a POS and wired for sound cuts all that shit off and makes it right in a month?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I have to ask..... honestly, would you do this bagged sysp again? Its very cool and trick, but Dangggggg seems like you've jumped through some major hoops getting this cart completed.

Do hope you and your better half get to enjoy it soon! Cart cruises are always good times.

I'm not going to bag on Wicked, air bags can get tricky and this isn't much different then a mini boat where you are trying to put 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag..

But to answer your question, yes WFS fixed the entire airbag system in about 2 1/2 weeks.. There are still some bugs to work out, right now the 36V bank won't charge for some reason.. (I think the charger is bad) I'm taking it back to WFS after the weekend and he'll go through it.

On that note another testament to WFS customer service coming up here.. Chris was helping me tie it down to the trailer and we split an airline with a tie down..

Adam came out the next morning fixed the air line at my house, and is hooking a bunch of shit when I bring it back for the inconvenience.

This picture was taken 5 minutes ago in my garage at the river. You can see the cart lifts about 3 more inches all the way around then originally, and it lays down nice and flat.

Attachments

• IMG_6740.JPG
    IMG_6740.JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 535

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
Cart looks great Dave, glad to see oit's all getting worked out.

On a side note, I also check out a golf cart forum for advise and someone came on there this morning and ripped Wicked apart. Unfortunately, it got deleated by a mod before it could go anywhere. Seems they got taken on a set of wheels.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Cart looks great Dave, glad to see oit's all getting worked out.

On a side note, I also check out a golf cart forum for advise and someone came on there this morning and ripped Wicked apart. Unfortunately, it got deleated by a mod before it could go anywhere. Seems they got taken on a set of wheels.

I got my wheels from Stretch Plastics.. but I wouldn't hesitate to buy Wheels / Parts from Randy etc..

Truthfully I'd have no problems with him building me another cart so long as it was the standard lifted cart or street cart with all bolt on shit etc..
He has built some really nice carts for friends of mine.

RD

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Is it everything you hoped it would be?

Do you use it as much as you expected?

Is there a baby seat in it now?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

LOL.. After that weekend I dropped it off at Wired For Sound to fix some air leaks etc.. and I haven't seen it since. I probably should go pick it up one of these days. I know Adam put some big stereo in it or something, but I haven't seen it yet.

I got my Teryx, and was using the shit out of it, so didn't really care about the golf cart for awhile.. Teryx is now blown up, so I'll probably pick it up this week and take it to the river with me next week. :)

RD

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

That's funny. That golf cart is about as real as RD getting up before lunch.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That's funny. That golf cart is about as real as RD getting up before lunch.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

It will most likely be sitting on the trailer you are pulling out there next week.. LOL

RD

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
It will most likely be sitting on the trailer you are pulling out there next week.. LOL

RD

Next week? Im pulling a trailer full of oil out on Friday. ;) I wont be holding my breath on that thing ever being done :blah:

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I thought you had it out in the keys.....:headscratch:

post some action pics once you get it back.....in two weeks....:rolleyes:

Are there other folks with carts out there? I don't think I noticed any before...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Next week? Im pulling a trailer full of oil out on Friday. ;) I wont be holding my breath on that thing ever being done :blah:

Adam is going to deliver it back to the keys 4th of july I think? I dunno..

RD

Brian B

Reaction score
After all that trouble, you have a sick golf cart! I'd love to have something like that!